1. 1. where will we finish come may?

• Champions
    • Second
    • Playoffs
    • Top half
    • upper bottom half
    • just above relegation
    • the dreaded bottom four

now the january transfer window is closed, the seasons run in has begun, but just where do we think we will finish?

personally im a realist, top half is achievable, but with our limited squad playoffs will be just out of reach, even with our games in hand

We still have the incentive that the play-offs look to be just within reach if we can get some consistent form together. That will drag our results up a bit, but I think in the end the ply-offs will be just out of reach. 9th place, but in good enough form to want to take it forward into a more sustained promotion effort next season.

Grrrr....it bugs me when people do these polls and don't put top 10 (3 times this season now)....which is often an aim for a club. Didn't it used to be that we'd say....

Champions

Second

Playoffs

Top 10

Mid-table

Just stay up

Relegation

Anyway, I think we can still achieve what I called in July, a great success for a newly put together side, a top 10 place. Therefore had to vote for "Top half"....but really, I mean top 10.

Grrrr....it bugs me when people do these polls and don't put top 10 (3 times this season now)....which is often an aim for a club. Didn't it used to be that we'd say....

Champions

Second

Playoffs

Top 10

Mid-table

Just stay up

Relegation

Anyway, I think we can still achieve what I called in July, a great success for a newly put together side, a top 10 place. Therefore had to vote for "Top half"....but really, I mean top 10.

lol...there really isnt much difference between top half and top 10 :P Its about 2/3 places :)

Good grief I must be getting old as i'm getting pessimistic with upper bottom half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, which is a shame after last season. Very, very disappointed with this season despite the cup run.

Some poor signings, poor coaching of the strikers, poor decisions on and off field. I still have faith in Sheridan even though I reckon he needs someone more seasoned alongside or perhaps in a Director capacity that has the connections in the game and ability to influence/attract players.

Still think the play offs are possible,especially having just murdered the team that was third and losing narrowly to the champions elect.

May be blind optimism but there you go. I think shezz has signed two quality players in Jarret and Livermore who I am sure will do well for us over the next three months.On the striker situation its very difficult there arnt that many around ,maybe we should have tr

ied for Glenn Murray when we had some leverage with Lomax and Holness.

Robert

Still think the play offs are possible,especially having just murdered the team that was third and losing narrowly to the champions elect.

May be blind optimism but there you go. I think shezz has signed two quality players in Jarret and Livermore who I am sure will do well for us over the next three months.On the striker situation its very difficult there arnt that many around ,maybe we should have tr

ied for Glenn Murray when we had some leverage with Lomax and Holness.

Robert

Iv got a strong feeling we will murder Gillingham this saturday get your 5er on 4-0 win OAFC you heard it here first :)

Upper bottom half for me.

My logic - (1) our signings so far have done nothing to suggest that we are capable of moving up the table. (2) l think our away form will tail off a little. (3) our home form will not improve sufficient to offset the tail off in (2). (4) Shez has shown, despite what he says, that he has learnt that much from his mistakes of last year. (5) Shez talks the talk, but has not shown this year that he can walk the walk.

We will see we need a extra striker otherwise were we are now but if we do get a quality striker then we could get play-offs championship out of reach but l think we will get 10th maybe 9th just outside the play-offs. Maybe next season.

I went for top half - I think we will be closer to play-offs then some who went the same way though - in with a shout of play-offs going into the last 4 or 5 games. I'm not sure if we can turn it around enough to make it but we'll not be that far off. I think the return of Gregan and Liddell can have a big influence on the end of the last part of the season, and if we make a couple of good loans on Friday I might be wishing I'd voted for play-offs.

Upper bottom half with a record P46 W15 D16 L15 = 61 points, would be consistent with our form throughout the season. Hope i'm wrong......

I've gone for the playoffs. One of us has to hope! :wink:

Out of interest, where were blackpool this time last season?

I've gone for the playoffs. One of us has to hope! :wink:

Out of interest, where were blackpool this time last season?

Timely posted earlier today by Prozac...

Was having this conversation on Saturday were some think we can do a 'Blackpool', Blackpool after 28 games were 7th with 47 points having won 13 D8 L7 only losing 2 at home and scoring 43 Conceding 30 leaving them with a Plus 13 GD AND out of the Play Offs on GD only. They were well placed with plenty of pace and striking options. Us on the other hand will limp to a lower mid table finish.

Play offs - we havent seen us anywhere near the best we can be (especially at BP) and last 2 performances have been good - we can carry this momentum forward (with our experienced new players on board as well as our new blooded forward line!) and make the play offs - -ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!!!

Play offs - we havent seen us anywhere near the best we can be (especially at BP) and last 2 performances have been good - we can carry this momentum forward (with our experienced new players on board as well as our new blooded forward line!) and make the play offs - -ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!!!

the romantic in me would at start of the season say champions!!!

but realistically i put top half,also meaning top 10.

i dont think we can do enough to get into a playoff spot and stay there.one bit that worries me if we do get into the playoffs will we fall flat again.

i dont think for one moment that were good enough to go up.we havent the players or the finances available to us yet.

hopefully we can put a few good games together and plan for next season.

last year was some of the best football, i have seen from a latics side, ok, we wernt consistant, but it produced a real feel good factor around the place. wouldnt it be ironic if we got promoted via the playoffs, yet have an awful home record, and people calling for shez's head at various parts of the season.

who knows, it isnt always pretty football that gets you promoted.

last year was some of the best football, i have seen from a latics side, ok, we wernt consistant, but it produced a real feel good factor around the place. wouldnt it be ironic if we got promoted via the playoffs, yet have an awful home record, and people calling for shez's head at various parts of the season.

who knows, it isnt always pretty football that gets you promoted.

It isn't always pretty football that gets you promoted results do that and we just haven't done that this season consistently enough, so I will go for top half. Looking at the team at the start of the season I was under the impression that we should be aiming for promotion but not achieving it wouldn't be a disaster as long as we finish top10 and keep the best parts of this team together for next season, so a decent finish to the campaign should see us do that and so I like the majority have gone for the top half.

the romantic in me would at start of the season say champions!!!

but realistically i put top half,also meaning top 10.

i dont think we can do enough to get into a playoff spot and stay there.one bit that worries me if we do get into the playoffs will we fall flat again.

i dont think for one moment that were good enough to go up.we havent the players or the finances available to us yet.

hopefully we can put a few good games together and plan for next season.

We would have more dosh available if we go up methinks - playing bigger teams, higher profile, couple of games on sky and maybe an extra thousand home fans to go with the increased away support - TTA wouldnt be losing as much dosh and would put a bit more in (especially as the ground development comes along). Then when we get to the Premiership......