this man just ruins lives

I think "ruins lives" is a bit strong. He's unpleasant all right, and deeply untrustworthy, and it might turn out that he's a bona fide fraud. People do worse. Let's move on...

no..lets not.

he f*cked about with this club and many peoples lives for many months...its personal.

hopefully he will get everything deserved,and i'm sure most on here will be raising a beer when the door behind goes clink.

I think "ruins lives" is a bit strong. He's unpleasant all right, and deeply untrustworthy, and it might turn out that he's a bona fide fraud. People do worse. Let's move on...

Sorry Tulse, If it is Fraud, then its Fraud on a mass level and it has the potential to or may have already even ruined 100’s or maybe 1000’s of peoples lives, not to mention pensions, investments and businesses.

Paralells can be drawn between the way Latics have been run and the way Torex retail had been run. Even if its not Fraud then you have to wonder why Moore is running Companies that ultimately seem to fail.

People do do worse things than mass fraudsters, Hitler and Stalin for one. But mass fraud is a big issue and it does ruin lives.

Sorry Tulse, If it is Fraud, then its Fraud on a mass level and it has the potential to or may have already even ruined 100’s or maybe 1000’s of peoples lives, not to mention pensions, investments and businesses.

Paralells can be drawn between the way Latics have been run and the way Torex retail had been run. Even if its not Fraud then you have to wonder why Moore is running Companies that ultimately seem to fail.

People do do worse things than mass fraudsters, Hitler and Stalin for one. But mass fraud is a big issue and it does ruin lives.

I don’t think there is much of a parallel between his Torex activities and his Latics ones, although he doesn’t come out of either as the sort of bloke you would invite home to sleep with your sister. There was no hint of illegality in what he did to us, it just inspired intense hatred for the effects of it.

no..lets not.

he f*cked about with this club and many peoples lives for many months...its personal.

hopefully he will get everything deserved,and i'm sure most on here will be raising a beer when the door behind goes clink.

Spot on that man! Could even make it an OWTB event (collective pissup)....I might even decide to make that one! :wink::grin:

I don’t think there is much of a parallel between his Torex activities and his Latics ones, although he doesn’t come out of either as the sort of bloke you would invite home to sleep with your sister. There was no hint of illegality in what he did to us, it just inspired intense hatred for the effects of it.

I'm not say any illegality did occur but:

"Moore had by this time returned to spin-off Torex Retail before embarking on an acquisition spree that saw £400m spent buying up smaller rivals. That meant the firm’s debts became high in relation to its equity and cash flow."

Does that ring any bells?

I'm not say any illegality did occur but:

"Moore had by this time returned to spin-off Torex Retail before embarking on an acquisition spree that saw £400m spent buying up smaller rivals. That meant the firm’s debts became high in relation to its equity and cash flow."

Does that ring any bells?

I see what you mean, but the T*rex stuff srikes me as the act of a shabby businessman trying to corner a marketplace to ensure he screwed the maximum out of incompetent civil service buyers, whereas his time with us was a shabby businessman flashing cash to act the big man. As I say, neither is impressive, but not the same thing.

I see what you mean, but the T*rex stuff srikes me as the act of a shabby businessman trying to corner a marketplace to ensure he screwed the maximum out of incompetent civil service buyers, whereas his time with us was a shabby businessman flashing cash to act the big man. As I say, neither is impressive, but not the same thing.

Im not saying it is the same thing, but you have drawn your own parallels also. His motivations for both seem pretty similar and in both cases could have and maybe have ruined lives.

Im not saying it is the same thing, but you have drawn your own parallels also. His motivations for both seem pretty similar and in both cases could have and maybe have ruined lives.

In so far as they are both the actions of a despicable tosser, I don’t think we are in disagreement.

should just banish him to hell

how does this bloke sleep at night with what he does

I don't believe that this article is wholly accurate. Mr Moore is under investigation by the SFO, not Torex Retail.

As far as him ruining lives, if you had invested money into Torex shares or indeed were employed by the company - how would you feel when you found out that the Chairman had allegedly been conducting fraudulent activities that cast doubt on the future viability of the company and therefore your money or your wages.

I am sure that if he is found to have broken the law that he will get the appropriate punishment.