The Rich Get Richer

lol..the bbc!!!

breaking news????????

that was in the express newspaper late last year?!?

well,its the fans i'll feel sorry for.

let the premiergreed turn itself into a micky mouse circus if it wants.

i'm alright,jack.

It was widely reported around the time of the NFL game at Wembley that this was something that was being considered but I would say that it is quite big news that all 20 teams have now agreed in principle.

I can't see how they think it is going to work.

Do they really believe that they will fill Giants' Stadium for Birmingham v Fulham?

Why add a 39th game? This goes against all the priciples ruling English football, ie. that you play everyone twice.

It is particularly interesting that Derby have agreed. This could be almost as bad as when we voted in favour of the Premier League... Turkeys voting for Christmas

It was widely reported around the time of the NFL game at Wembley that this was something that was being considered but I would say that it is quite big news that all 20 teams have now agreed in principle.

I can't see how they think it is going to work.

Do they really believe that they will fill Giants' Stadium for Birmingham v Fulham?

Why add a 39th game? This goes against all the priciples ruling English football, ie. that you play everyone twice.

It is particularly interesting that Derby have agreed. This could be almost as bad as when we voted in favour of the Premier League... Turkeys voting for Christmas

A couple of promotions and I could be watching The Latics in Bangkok in a few years :wink:

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. I'm speechless!!

A couple of promotions and I could be watching The Latics in Bangkok in a few years :wink:

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. I'm speechless!!

You're in the bottom four. You draw United. Away. In Singapore. I can see the court cases already. The top five cannot play each other, well at least they're looked after.

Maybe if the rest tell them to stick it up their :censored: we can try and get back to more of a level playing field.

You're in the bottom four. You draw United. Away. In Singapore. I can see the court cases already. The top five cannot play each other, well at least they're looked after.

It's more complicated than that even. Are Man City allowed to play in Thailand in front of 90,000 hugely partisan fans? Will the venues be allowed to bid for particular games? It's lunacy, I honestly thought it might be a spoof when I read it.

It's more complicated than that even. Are Man City allowed to play in Thailand in front of 90,000 hugely partisan fans? Will the venues be allowed to bid for particular games? It's lunacy, I honestly thought it might be a spoof when I read it.

Hence United and Singapore :wink:

Someone has pointed out to me... these are ADDITIONAL games on top of the usual 19H/A games... how the frig does that work then?

Standard 19 home and away which gives the 38 we now have.

Then a draw, Cup stylee. The top five cannot play each other, keep it cosy. Who is the new member of the top four now five then?

The 10 ties are then played in your real football starved areas, North America, Asia, Australia etc.

It's all about the product, sorry the top four, er five <_<

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Standard 19 home and away which gives the 38 we now have.

Then a draw, Cup stylee. The top five cannot play each other, keep it cosy. Who is the new member of the top four now five then?

The 10 ties are then played in your real football starved areas, North America, Asia, Australia etc.

It's all about the product, sorry the top four, er five <_<

But these are games are supposed to be league games... you can't just have extra games can you! The maths wouldn't work!

Hence United and Singapore :wink:

I got that, but then they have to play half of their games in Manchester so it's only fair to save their fans having to travel any further :wink: I was pointing out more that there are lots of other clubs outside the top 5 (lets face it, Man City are not a top 5 club) who would have an advantage. I'm sure any of the teams with Chinese or Korean players would get mobbed playing in those countries for example.

But these are games are supposed to be league games... you can't just have extra games can you! The maths wouldn't work!

Everybody still plays the same number of games as each other, it's just that every team has an extra fixture against one other team. It's like....

No, forget it. Just go to the back and make something with the playdough :lol:

Everybody still plays the same number of games as each other, it's just that every team has an extra fixture against one other team. It's like....

No, forget it. Just go to the back and make something with the playdough :lol:

So if your Fulham and your extra game is in Australia against Arsenal how is that fair if Wigan then get Derby in Sweden and Wigan then stay up by two points!?!

Mental!

"Some fans may feel aggrieved, but their concerns will be outweighed in the eyes of the clubs by the financial advantages."

Sums up the whole Premier League, for me. I don't watch it, anymore. Haven't seen one live game all season and have only watched MOTD once (Saturday January 5th, for obvious reasons). The money-grabbing attitude of the clubs, and the players, just stinks.

I have always been of the belief that the best team wins the title at the end of the season, having all played each other twice, on a level playing field. I'll even admit ManUre were the best team, if they win the league (despite their fans laughable refusal to do the same when someone else wins it). This decision will take that away, as by definition some teams will get a harder additional game than others.

"Some fans may feel aggrieved, but their concerns will be outweighed in the eyes of the clubs by the financial advantages."

I've just read this article myself and was about to post a new topic when I saw this. It truly is a disgusting idea to think that football in this country has become so little about the football and the fans and so much about money. That quote really stood out for me when it is a chief spokesmen for the PL (?) who is saying it. They are just confirming what a cancer the PL really is. Any way the Football league could just break away and get it's own place in Europe for the winners of the Championship. Sack promotion to the prem so you can fight relegation for a few seasons and then get relegated anyway. Why not just let the Prem become what it wants, a league in its own right where money is all that matter?

The thing is though the PL is unstoppable whilst people continue to believe the hype of it being the 'best league in the world' and all the rest of the crap. Prices for tickets will continue to rise and there's nothing we can do about it. It's fans of Premier League teams that can make an impact, but they won't.

wonder if red nosed fergie will still be moaning that on one hand he wants a winter break,but then on the other extra money,but the season will be extended (because of the winter break) and they will be only getting 4 weeks break between seasons and they won't be able to go on their annual jollies to singapore/south africa/thailand etc etc,thus denying the club much needed revenue but the players will be suffering from burnout but we can fit a mid-week friendly in the middle of january in saudi arabia blah blah blah......

wonder if red nosed fergie will still be moaning that on one hand he wants a winter break,but then on the other extra money,but the season will be extended (because of the winter break) and they will be only getting 4 weeks break between seasons and they won't be able to go on their annual jollies to singapore/south africa/thailand etc etc,thus denying the club much needed revenue but the players will be suffering from burnout but we can fit a mid-week friendly in the middle of january in saudi arabia blah blah blah......

If they get to pick where they play the game it will remove the need for a jolly won't it? They'll get to cover off one of their shirt-selling targets as part of the season. I wonder what sort of horse-trading will go on around who plays where? "We'll let you have X on loan next year if you agree to play us in Malaysia?"

It's an absolute joke, you can't just play an extra game and give preferential treatment to a top 5, it makes the league unfair. They play in overseas tournaments in pre-season what's wrong with them?!

If this comes into place then I hope we get to the Championship and no further, wouldn't want to be part of that farce. I wouldn't mind them playing games overseas but this isn't the way to do it.

Without doubt the quote of the day on this came from David Gold on TalkSport.

"It wouldn't cost a Portsmouth fan any more to travel to a game in Singapore than it would to go to the away game at Sunderland"

That is how in touch with the real world some Premier League chairmen are.

What's more, neither Wright or Durham picked him up on it.

Just heard an interview with Richard Scudamore of the Greedy League. His justification for this plan was "we have ideas suggested all the time and it's not as bad as some of them". Well that's ok then. As long as there are worse ideas that have been rejected, let's embrace all this with open arms.

They are expecting to play these games in January. Another nail in the coffin of the FA Cup.

They are expecting to play these games in January. Another nail in the coffin of the FA Cup.

Exactly!!

It's the most awfully thought out idea... if you're Arsenal and you've got a league game in Japan against Villa or Everton the week after an FA cup tie against Oldham you are just going to send your real team out to Japan a week early to get used to the conditions and play your youth/reserve side in the FA Cup!!

The sooner the Football League breaks away from the Preimer League the better!