Lomax Signs New Long-Term Contract

Just got an SMS from the club to say he's signed a three and a half year deal to stay at Latics.

If that's not a big enough vote of approval then I don't know what is. Well done Kelvin, you're proving a lot of people wrong!

That's good news as far i'm concerned....young Kelvin has NEVER let the team down when he's stepped in, on either flank.

And this season he's come in and done great as an attacking left back....i like him, he can tackle, can defend, comfortable on the ball with either foot and is a ball player to boot, good news this!!!

Excellent news for the lad.I like him.Though he hasn`t got the same ability(or potential)as Eardley,he has a better football brain looking for the simple pass & rarely giving the ball away IMO.

Remember his first game at Notts County he played on the right side of midfield in that game(Paul Murray`s last game for Latics) & did well.

I knew he would make it from the moment Ronnie Moore thought he wouldn't.

He certainly looked like he had a point to prove when he came on against Tranmere. IIRC Eddy was on the bench and was the obvious choice to come on, a cunning bit of man management from Shez there.

Just got an SMS from the club to say he's signed a three and a half year deal to stay at Latics.

If that's not a big enough vote of approval then I don't know what is. Well done Kelvin, you're proving a lot of people wrong!

And a lot of people right....think he's one of the most underrated players we've got. As has been said, he's never once let us down and been disappointed with Shez and his lack of giving him a decent run. I feel now, Shez has finally been won over. Excellent stuff...chuffed to bits for him. Just started playing Football Manager 08 and signed him on a new contract until 2011 on there.....spooky....haha!!! (Also beat Millwall 3-2 at their gaff....but it was Hazell who got sent off, not Eards! :grin:)

And a lot of people right....think he's one of the most underrated players we've got. As has been said, he's never once let us down and been disappointed with Shez and his lack of giving him a decent run. I feel now, Shez has finally been won over. Excellent stuff...chuffed to bits for him. Just started playing Football Manager 08 and signed him on a new contract until 2011 on there.....spooky....haha!!! (Also beat Millwall 3-2 at their gaff....but it was Hazell who got sent off, not Eards! :grin:)

It was Shez who brought him back from his Ronnie-imposed exile and then extended his deal to cover last season, so I think he does rate him. Maybe he sees him and Eardley as too small to be an ideal FB pairing, I don't know. It does maybe suggest to me that it's more likely Eardley will be offski in the summer.

It was Shez who brought him back from his Ronnie-imposed exile and then extended his deal to cover last season, so I think he does rate him. Maybe he sees him and Eardley as too small to be an ideal FB pairing, I don't know. It does maybe suggest to me that it's more likely Eardley will be offski in the summer.

To be fair, if Kelvin just concentrates on his left foot there's no reason he can't make that left back spot his own. He's held his own since he landed it at New Year and been very steady.

Well done Kelvin. I think he'd snatch his hand out at just a 1 year contract but to sign a 3 year one really shows the faith put in him.

Great news for the lad and the club. Just shows how much Ronnie Mooreon got wrong letting Kelvin & Pogs go and how much better off we are with Shez. Kelvin is as bright a prospect as Trotters, maybe more so; let's hope he doesn't leave within the 3 1/2 years. Chuffed.

Great news for the lad and the club. Just shows how much Ronnie Mooreon got wrong letting Kelvin & Pogs go and how much better off we are with Shez. Kelvin is as bright a prospect as Trotters, maybe more so; let's hope he doesn't leave within the 3 1/2 years. Chuffed.

Despite my view on RM, I was one of the first to be utterly :censored:ed off when he let both of them go. Pogs mostly though and remember the Friday night on JK....it was quite sickening that night how the Poggiebashers were in glee of it! Where a manager gets things wrong though, he gets some things right too. Like debuts etc for Taylor and Eardley.....anyway.....

Taylor was forced on him, we had 10 first team players fit and no right sided player apart from ressies so his hand was forced slightly after previously showing a reluctance to promote kids from the reserves.

I will give you Eardley though, that was a call up that surprised me, we did have fit players who could play there but he did call Eardley up in David Eyres last game for the club against Scunny.

I will give you Eardley though, that was a call up that surprised me, we did have fit players who could play there but he did call Eardley up in David Eyres last game for the club against Scunny.

It was a meaningless end-of-season game though, which is an ideal time to give a young lad a go and risk nothing. Anyway, this all shouldn't descend into an anti-RM debate really.

Taylor was forced on him, we had 10 first team players fit and no right sided player apart from ressies so his hand was forced slightly after previously showing a reluctance to promote kids from the reserves.

I’m not crediting Mr Moore with an act of genius for picking someone who was playing international U17s football at the age of 6.