Sin Bins

Ackey

Sin Bins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the football league introduce a Sin Bin system?

• Yes
    • No

don't they do that in rugby? but its a good idea beardy

No, it's not quite the same - but it is a good idea though Bob. I've always felt that football was a sport to quickly come to a descision at the expense of a "fair trial". There's room for video refs too...

I agree with that Mr J, but if you put it like that to FIFA I'm sure they'd be falling over themselves to Americanise us !!

Oh and another thing with sin bins, last night if the bin had been used as some have said to access Pogs sending off surely they'd have to stop the game ?

Oh and surely if it were just a sin bin it would only feul controvesy in exactly the same way as sending offs do already. Say Les went off for 10 mins last night, and Vale scored the penalty, and then another and its later realised the sin bining was wrong? Doesn't solve owt really?

I agree with that Mr J, but if you put it like that to FIFA I'm sure they'd be falling over themselves to Americanise us !!

Oh and another thing with sin bins, last night if the bin had been used as some have said to access Pogs sending off surely they'd have to stop the game ?

Oh and surely if it were just a sin bin it would only feul controvesy in exactly the same way as sending offs do already. Say Les went off for 10 mins last night, and Vale scored the penalty, and then another and its later realised the sin bining was wrong? Doesn't solve owt really?

the flipside to that Stipey is we had to suffer a double whammy. Concede a penalty and got Les sent off. What about if they'd have missed the penalty Les got sent off - if they scored - he stayed on? Just got a yeller...

I know where you're coming from, but what I'm getting at is that Les wi a red card, or Les in the sin bin we're still punished incorrectly and therefore the decision would still be controversial, and Vale still have that extra goal (assuming they don't miss the pen).

Dunno what the answer is, but I don't think its sin bins and/or replays, football isn't the kind of game, imho, you can apply these things to. All we'd get is the same amount of controversy, just "different" controversy than now.