Second Half

I think the second half was superb.

Give this line up time, and for me everything will fall into place.

Davies played very well, yes a few dodgy touches, but he ran his arse off whenever he lost the ball, chased everything, made good runs into good position and grabbed a goal. Keep the faith in him.

Allessandra is going to be a class act for me, his hold up play has looked second to none in this division from what we've seen and when he matures, like alot of players in this side, he will be a good one.

Stam and Reuben, brilliant.

Jarrett, very very clever player.

Watch us go on a great run. Everything looks very good at the moment to me, a great blend in the squad, and a chance to push forward for the play-offs...and remember Hughesy aint back yet.

Agree with L L, and it shows Shez is right to stick to his policy of only signing players who will improve the squad. Was in Main stand today towards Rochdale Road end..got complimentary tickets. Muppets on the back rows singing "we're so s**t its unbelievable" and slagging off Davies at every opportunity. Glad that Davies with his goal and the team in general shut them up second half

Edited by eddyblue

Agree with that, and it shows Shez is right to stick to his policy of only signing players who will improve the squad. Was in Main stand today towards Rochdale Road end..got complimentary tickets. Muppets on the back rows singing "we're so s**t its unbelievable" and slagging off Davies at every opportunity. Glad that Davies with his goal and the team in general shut them up second half

There was plenty of hearable booing on L.W in the first half. Even before Gillingham scored.

There was lots of booing where i was sat too, especially aimed at Davies but they all seemed to shut up after he scored. I thought we played well in patches today but played pretty crap at some stages too. Still its another 3 points and our first back to back wins at home all season. I do wish we would play with two proper wide players though

I am sorry to say this and I am not one of the so called Boo Boy's. Davies in the first half was awful as was the rest of the team until Taylor scored! I am glad he changed his boots at half time, he played much better once he ditched the Orange boots.

We should have started with Lomax in as left back. But I suppose that because he has signed Livermore he now has to play him.

The second half was better but we were still poor today. On a plus point I though Jarrett's shot that hit the crossbar was very unlucky not to go in, Goal of the season I think that would have been

There was lots of booing where i was sat too, especially aimed at Davies but they all seemed to shut up after he scored. I thought we played well in patches today but played pretty crap at some stages too. Still its another 3 points and our first back to back wins at home all season. I do wish we would play with two proper wide players though

you cant please everyone all of the time,but it seems you just cant please some any of the time.

i really do have to question why people prefer to slagg the players and boo them,in favour of backing them....why waste almost £400 a year if your not going to support the team.

The second half was better but we were still poor today. On a plus point I though Jarrett's shot that hit the crossbar was very unlucky not to go in, Goal of the season I think that would have been

It was Gary Macs shot...who imo was quite anonymous for most of the game......i suppose he is just one of them who gets his place because he can pop up out of nowhere and get you a goal but does little else.....

I am sorry to say this and I am not one of the so called Boo Boy's. Davies in the first half was awful as was the rest of the team until Taylor scored! I am glad he changed his boots at half time, he played much better once he ditched the Orange boots.

We should have started with Lomax in as left back. But I suppose that because he has signed Livermore he now has to play him.

well we were poor in the first half, but we were superb second half and if you are a boo boy then hang your head in shame and grow up. booing is just negative and will never make anyone play better will it?

I must need the optician, I thought it was Gary Mac hit the bar.

It was Gary Macs shot...who imo was quite anonymous for most of the game......i suppose he is just one of them who gets his place because he can pop up out of nowhere and get you a goal but does little else.....

He was playing out of position though after the first ten minutes. The best part of his game is making runs forward through the middle, when he is asked to push out on the right he can't do that. I thought he still did ok although cerainly not one of his better performances but i think that could be said for a few of them. Would have been a fantastic goal at the end if it had gone in!

Mc d shot davies boots were bright all i could bsee first half! mom was definatly rubes he played a blinder imo come on davies your getting back but still away to go yet 1 goal dont make a striker.

Deffo Jarrett from where I was sat

You was sat in the wrong ground then mate....Gary Mac all the way.

Latics were nothing short of dreadful for the first 40 mins. Without doubt the worst 40 mins at BP this season. Although maybe we ought to give Gillingham some credit, they were up for it first half and were 2 yards faster and hungrier than Latics. The short bald headed fella (32 was it?) ran the show in the middle of the park for them, however maybe they raced outta the traps and tired.

Second half saw Latics take control by the 15 minute mark and for me the result was never in doubt from there on in. We could have scored 5 easilly on another day. I tell ya what Taylor saved the boo boys roth at the half time whistle with his timely goal, we certainly had gotten outta jail at that point.

Edited by Lags

You was sat in the wrong ground then mate....Gary Mac all the way.

Latics were nothing short of dreadful for the first 40 mins. Without doubt the worst 40 mins at BP this season. Although maybe we ought to give Gillingham some credit, they were up for it first half and were 2 yards faster and hungrier than Latics. The short bald headed fella (32 was it?) ran the show in the middle of the park for them, however maybe they raced outta the traps and tired.

Second half saw Latics take control by the 15 minute mark and for me the result was never in doubt from there on in. We could have scored 5 easilly on another day. I tell ya what Taylor saved the boo boys roth at the half time whistle with his timely goal, we certainly had gotten outta jail at that point.

Didnt go today but on LW the commentator also said it was Gary Mac

It was when we got a grip on him (that 32) that it changed - Allott swopped with McD and went central - Jarrett and Allott then started to win the midfield challenges. FIrst half we didn't have a midfield at all.

These people booing better shut up they are making the players feel nervous and just generally make the players make mistakes. They are other clubs with the same problem but the diference is they sing so you can not hear it. As soon as Taylor scored easy win.

Two goals in two games and the way he fed in Lewis for his chance plus the balls he put in to the box make a striker. Davies had a quality end to the game and looks like he is going to have a cracking end to the season.

1 goal from open play 13 games!!!!!!! striker?

Edited by chat-blue

On target for 20 goals for the season. This is something that has only been achieved once in the last 20 years. Give the guy an effing chance!!!!!!

Well said. There is so much more to a strikers' game than just putting the ball in the net. We need more goals from other areas of the team.

Good result today. Well done lads. :comeon: