Where did Davies go at half time?

And who was that who replaced him for the second half.

:wink:

I'm guessing Shez had long words with a few players at half time seeing how we was late out. Whatever he said seemed work, good job Shez!

As has been said countless times Davies is a confidence player. If the team arent performing he goes into his shell and seems to sulk a little. When the rest of the team are putting the effort in and the crowd are excited Davies seems to thrive. He was immense IMO in the final 30 mins and should have scored at least 2 or 3. He even played Allessandra in very unselfishly so shows he is listening to Sheridan. Normally he would have thrashed at it and hoped for the best.

We just need to make sure that we keep up the 2nd half performance from Davies in future. I have always said it is in him and he is a quality player when he wants to be....its just getting it out of him.

And who was that who replaced him for the second half.

:wink:

I'm guessing Shez had long words with a few players at half time seeing how we was late out. Whatever he said seemed work, good job Shez!

I think the answer was more to do with Jarrett who was anonymous in the first half and bossed things in the second. All the midfield seemed to be 15 yards futher forward and hey presto Davies was being brought into the game. I thought he was unlucky when his shot hit the keepers foot, laid one on a plate for Alessandra whose touch was bloody awful and then put 2 of the best crosses in we've seen all season. Thought Macca looked good too Livermore looked like he could be handy on the LHS of midfield but is not a fullback. Pleased that taylor scored and some things worked for him in the secondhalf. He tries his guts out and it really matters to him.

Don't know if the Carpathia has been called to this one but a bloke in front of me says Livermore has a clause in his contract with Hull which says if he plays 25 games he gets another 12 months. Would make sense and that sort of thing has been done before e.g. Gregan.

Edited by astottie

Yep thats why Livermore is here. Hull told him he wouldn't be allowed to play those couple extra games as it would trigger his renewed contract.

So, one would imagine he would be open to staying to the end of the season and will then be a free agent. I've only seen him today obviously but he looks steady and I would really like to see taylor given another go on the right. Also Lomax must deserve time at left back otherwise why have we given him a three year contract ?

Edited by astottie

I think the answer was more to do with Jarrett who was anonymous in the first half and bossed things in the second. All the midfield seemed to be 15 yards futher forward and hey presto Davies was being brought into the game. I thought he was unlucky when his shot hit the keepers foot, laid one on a plate for Alessandra whose touch was bloody awful and then put 2 of the best crosses in we've seen all season. Thought Macca looked good too Livermore looked like he could be handy on the LHS of midfield but is not a fullback. Pleased that taylor scored and some things worked for him in the secondhalf. He tries his guts out and it really matters to him.

Don't know if the Carpathia has been called to this one but a bloke in front of me says Livermore has a clause in his contract with Hull which says if he plays 25 games he gets another 12 months. Would make sense and that sort of thing has been done before e.g. Gregan.

note taylor scored coming from the right!!!!!! right?

Thought Macca looked anything but good. Very much anonymous until the last 10mins. Thought we were (in fact both teams) were largely awful for 40-odd mins in the 1st half and only really came alive after Davies scored. The difference after that was obvious still without being at our best. A definate sign of a young team - confidence plays such a big part. Davies pretty much sums this up...1st half short of confidence, 2nd half took his goal well and grew from there. It was also obvious today that he was making less wide runs and staying more central. I still think we are crying out for two-wide players to compliment Jarrett and Allott in centre mids.

ps. well done to leezyverpunk today - stood up supporting tayls after one of his errors, only a couple of mins before tayls scored. Think you can claim an assist for that one mate :wink:

Edited by lookers87

Thought Macca looked anything but good. Very much anonymous until the last 10mins. Thought we were (in fact both teams) were largely awful for 40-odd mins in the 1st half and only really came alive after Davies scored. The difference after that was obvious still without being at our best. A definate sign of a young team - confidence plays such a big part. Davies pretty much sums this up...1st half short of confidence, 2nd half took his goal well and grew from there. It was also obvious today that he was making less wide runs and staying more central. I still think we are crying out for two-wide players to compliment Jarrett and Allott in centre mids.

ps. well done to leezyverpunk today - stood up supporting tayls after one of his errors, only a couple of mins before tayls scored. Think you can claim an assist for that one mate :wink:

The view on Macca is an interesting one which does seem to divide the faithful. It just shows how people see the game differently I suppose. for me, up and down the field like the Assyrian empire, winning headers in his own box, from their keepers kicks and flicking on Crossleys kicks who regularly looks for him with kicks off the floor. Passes the ball and always supports team mates Gets moved from pillar to post but still tries and then gets into goal scoring positions and hits the bar from 30 yards. For other people he doesn't try, doesn't tackle doesn't beat players, goes missing and is lazy.( and is a jock)

On the way out I got talking to someone who said he doesn't think Jarrett is up to it and his career is in free fall. Just sums up my view about different views i suppose, but I would support anyones right to have a view that is different than mine even tho' they are obviously wrong :)

Edited by astottie

The view on Macca is an interesting one which does seem to divide the faithful. It just shows how people see the game differently I suppose. for me, up and down the field like the Assyrian empire, winning headers in his own box, from their keepers kicks and flicking on Crossleys kicks who regularly looks for him with kicks off the floor. Passes the ball and always supports team mates Gets moved from pillar to post but still tries and then gets into goal scoring positions and hits the bar from 30 yards. For other people he doesn't try, doesn't tackle doesn't beat players, goes missing and is lazy.( and is a jock)

On the way out I got talking to someone who said he doesn't think Jarrett is up to it and his career is in free fall. Just sums up my view about different views i suppose, but I would support anyones right to have a view that is different than mine even tho' they are obviously wrong :)

You're obviously wrong then :wink:

I agree with your assessment of macca in general, there is a lot of 'unselfish' work he does, just think that today the game passed him by until late on (certainly nothing to do with not trying, not tackling or being lazy - just not his day). In general (esp at home) a mid of macca, allott, jarrett and taylor gives teams coming to defend a simple defensive plan -ie 2 men on taylor and let us have the ball deep. It is crying out for two wide-players and for all his other qualities macca just isn't a right winger.

Still winning when you don't play well is good sign. We played better in some home games we lost this season. I'll take another 10/11 of them this season.

Why did no one tell Alessandro to change his boots, on the floor al lot today could of had 1 if his stoods would stick in the ground.

Good hold up play from him today though.

Where do you think wolfenden stands now, think we should give him first team football somewhere. Although hasnt he got a new contract?

If he isnt shez's first chose as a sub to replace a stike, allesandro took that option and hasnt looked back.

KTF 1/11 10 to go!!!!

I got to the ground early yesterday and watched the players warming up. I honestly thought Davies woldn't make the starting 11 because he was holding his groin and wincing all the way through warm up. Even had a mini fitness test away from the other players!!! Must have been something to do with those Oranges he was wearing on his feet. It was nice to see him getting his head up and looking for the pass. He seems to like playing alongside Allessandra as they were well chatty all through the game. Swapping over and looking for each others runs.

Someone else has said that Jarrat was the difference in the second half which I agree with. Rightly got MOM. Livermore looks like a decent player at this level.

For the second week in a row I was exactly 10 off the Strike it lucky winner. Gutted....

Edited by happyterryb

Got a feeling Shez rammed them poncey boots up his @rse and told him to get back to being a footballer!!! Think he just wanted to look good in the 1st half.

Now 2nd half, that's what Craig Davies is about and that's why he's got stick from me for a long time. Because we haven't seen anything from him!! Once he put his heart in his performance he was up for it and causing problems. The 1st half when the ball ran out of play in the corner when he blatantly could've caught it summed him up over the past 2 months.

Hopefully he's now back to being a footballer and earning his wage.

E4e

START

So, one would imagine he would be open to staying to the end of the season and will then be a free agent. I've only seen him today obviously but he looks steady and I would really like to see taylor given another go on the right. Also Lomax must deserve time at left back otherwise why have we given him a three year contract ?

I thought that Shez would have done that yesterday. However it mean he must leave out either Allot or McDonald and play 4 4 2. I'm not sure which is best, but I think 4 4 2 works better at home. Away we should stick to the 4 5 1, or 4 3 3 as Shez prefers to call it.