Chris Taylor

Firstly his corners all cleared the first man today, shame we don't have anyone who can attack the ball.

The level of abuse that was directed to wards Taylor, especially on here but at the ground too when he took the corners against Huddersfield and Carlisle was an absolute disgrace. Looks to me that he has put the work in on the training pitch and it paid off today. Fair play to him for sticking at it and hope he keeps it up.

Watching the England match in midweek, not all of our corners cleared the first man, even Premiergreed players can get it wrong too.

Secondly he knows he should attack down the outside, get to the line a whip a cross in, so do the defenders or more usually the midfielder and defender who are double teaming him. He mixes it up a little, he goes inside sometimes then switches to going on the outside, keeps the defenders on their toes rather than making it easy for them.

He had a good game today and I am delighted for him that he got the equaliser, still only 21 and must be an inspiration to the other young lads to see that he has established himself in the first team.

Firstly his corners all cleared the first man today, shame we don't have anyone who can attack the ball.

The level of abuse that was directed to wards Taylor, especially on here but at the ground too when he took the corners against Huddersfield and Carlisle was an absolute disgrace. Looks to me that he has put the work in on the training pitch and it paid off today. Fair play to him for sticking at it and hope he keeps it up.

Watching the England match in midweek, not all of our corners cleared the first man, even Premiergreed players can get it wrong too.

Secondly he knows he should attack down the outside, get to the line a whip a cross in, so do the defenders or more usually the midfielder and defender who are double teaming him. He mixes it up a little, he goes inside sometimes then switches to going on the outside, keeps the defenders on their toes rather than making it easy for them.

He had a good game today and I am delighted for him that he got the equaliser, still only 21 and must be an inspiration to the other young lads to see that he has established himself in the first team.

Agree with your criticism of the abuse he gets, i'm so proud of him coming thru as a local lad and as I have said on another thread he tries his guts out and it reallymatters to him. Also he has no little ability but it's not going to work for him all the time. The oppo know he's good and today he was up against a bloody useful fullback who was quick enough and kept close enough to him to do him when he went on the outside . when he went on the inside somebody closed him down but he never stopped trying. it would be easier for him to not try to run with it or beat a man but just hump it in to the box from 30 yards out but he doesn't do that despite all the stick he gets. As for the corners unfortunately today they all went into the goales hands! i preferred it when they hit the first man at least you might pick something up from that! I still think we'd be doing him a favour by playing him on the right, but if you look at your comparison with England Joe Cole is a right footed left sider in that team and he showed that if they don't know which way you are going to go you can make someone look a right turkey and Chris can go either way he just needs to get better ogoing outside if Shez is going to play him on the left..

Yeah the abuse to taylor was awful and uncalled for. Heard a fair bit in the lookers upper.

but to be honest i dont think he had his best game apart from the goal. Probably just a bad day at the office but there was many a time when he tried going on his own and then lost the ball, which is frustrating given he many options to pass the ball to keep posession in each circumstance.

Still though doesn't warrant abuse. Should warrant more encouragement and get behind the lad.

Edited by ste1987

I was actually very frustrated by Taylor today, more because of where he positioned himself than because of any lack of effort or commitment. He always always seemed to put himself in place to receive the ball on the half way line, meaning that by the time the pass came to him the hobbit full back and one of his mates where there. He did the right thing from that position in trying to run them but surely a fast wide player in the front of a 4-3-3, faced with a packed midfield, has to be looking to receive the ball further up the pitch? I just don't get the point of starting your moves in front of the area they have chosen to block up with defenders, if he was the other side of them it would have given more initiative to us and placed him closer to the goal to be an extra body in the box when attacks weere coming from other areas. I don't know what the team instructions where but if we are going to attack all out I think we need to make better use of Taylor's strengths.

All his corners were from the left - ie he took them with his right foot. It's the inswinger with his left foot where he has trouble. I don't remember a corner on the right from yersetrday - but I reckon Livermore would take them as he did with the free kicks. Agreed about the slagging off - a couple of times when he ran into the full back I had my head in my hands but shouting out abuse is well out of order. Must mention the 2 guys in front of me in the Lookers paddock - block nearest the Chaddy about 3 rows back - they sit there every week (with shades yesterday!) but I don't know if they post on here. Absolute credit yesterday - kept shouting out encouragement to Taylor when he came to our touchline. More of that please, less of the negativity to our team.

Note to Ackey - that's how you spell 'negativity' :tongue1:

A note about the corners that we took in the last 5 mins yesterday that impressed me was that they tried to take a short corner and keep the ball in possession and in the corner !!!

Seems something else that they have practiced in training...

Also after Taylor scored, did anyone noticed that he ran straight to the main stand and celebrate and on return he had his head down and didnt even look at the NSM stand or even clap them back ???

Think the abuse and comments that were said to him yesterday from the paddock in the NSM were a disgrace .. I'm sorry but fans who dont know the players names or say I live in Heywood so I dont know what is happening with the team have no excuse at all to shout abuse ! Idiots !!!

Next season I'm trying a new look while at Bp when watching the game

headphones_main_image.gif

A note about the corners that we took in the last 5 mins yesterday that impressed me was that they tried to take a short corner and keep the ball in possession and in the corner !!!

No no no no no.

I hate this time-wasting act when its done by others and even more so by us. Not in the spirit of the game and I shout / boo my displeasure when Latics do it.

As for Taylor - improved corners generally, good goal, but didn't get a lot of change out of the full-back. Would have swapped him over to the other side. Agree about the abuse he has been getting - there are a group of 4 or 5 lads near the back of the Chaddy who sarcastically clap / cheer when Taylor does anything wrong.

No no no no no.

I hate this time-wasting act when its done by others and even more so by us. Not in the spirit of the game and I shout / boo my displeasure when Latics do it.

I say bring on thetime wasting when we have a corner in trhe last 3 minutes ... may stop us losing a goal in the last minute !!

Theres been to many times were we have lost a goal in the last minute losing either 3 or 2 points !!

I say bring on thetime wasting when we have a corner in trhe last 3 minutes ... may stop us losing a goal in the last minute !!

Theres been to many times were we have lost a goal in the last minute losing either 3 or 2 points !!

There are better ways to kill a game than standing at a corner flag clearly obstructing the opposition - whip the cross in and score another. Its a horrible tactic that I would remove from the game by giving obstruction - I also hate the practice of shielding the ball out of play as well. Another obstuction in my mind.

There are better ways to kill a game than standing at a corner flag clearly obstructing the opposition - whip the cross in and score another. Its a horrible tactic that I would remove from the game by giving obstruction - I also hate the practice of shielding the ball out of play as well. Another obstuction in my mind.

Its been a long time at Latics since we have been able to play, let them score 3 as we will score 4 ...

Its not the best tactic but keeping possession of the balls means they cant score and if that means kicking into the corner for Davies to shield or taking short corners and keeping hold of the ball, then so be it in the last minutes of the game...

Whipping in the balls can cause a lot of counter attacking play and WE are not the best at keeping concentraction in the last minutes.

Its an end to a means, if time wasting in the last few minutes means 3 points to the boys, I say waste away :wink:

I'd rather we kept the ball in the corner than conceed a late goal

Also after Taylor scored, did anyone noticed that he ran straight to the main stand and celebrate and on return he had his head down and didnt even look at the NSM stand or even clap them back ???

Commented to my mate when he came back over the NSM side, felt a little sorry for him yesterday.

I've seen this mentioned in another thread but can't find it now.

There are a couple of absolute pillocks who sit in the Main Stand Upper towards the RRE just above the exit/entry stairs (you know who you are).

They have shouted abuse long and hard at other games with constant moaning and booing.

On Saturday they were both an absolute disgrace, when Gillingham scored they were singing and shouting abuse at the team and individuals and it took several people sat around them to confront them to get them to shut up (plus a word from the stewards), their behaviour was disgusting and the club certainly does not need them as 'fans' no matter how dire the financial situation at the club.

If either post on here (I'm not sure either of you can read or write, you know who you are) then make yourselves known, you are an absolute disgrace to the club and total balloons.

Taylor plays out pf position every week - just gets on with it! Pulls his tripe out every week - would die for the cause - wish the whinging bar stewards would put in a tenth of the desire, commitment and effort CT puts is - cut him in half he would bleed blue - when we lose, the pain is evident on his face, when we score the glee shines through - Gillingham doubled up on him on Saturday and try as he might, he could not beat them, no coincidence when he scored he floated in from the RIGHT hand side (if I remember rightly). Cannot understand why anyone would boo CT - trés illogique IMHO. I apologise for snarling at my own fans after he scored and shouting TAYLOR, TAYLOR, TAYLOR - I am a passionate bloke who gives a :censored: for my team and it's players. Boo-ers - go and watch Manure if you want to see near faultless performances every week - leave our boys alone!!!

nowt wrong with it leevzy thought it was piss funny when you did cos they alll went quite then didnt they also noticed the doubleing up one runs with him preventing the pass other came in from side with a block tackle not even ronaldo could of got thrugh that !

glad to see the jumpers gone mate was cursed i teels ya cursed lol

Taylor plays out pf position every week - just gets on with it! Pulls his tripe out every week - would die for the cause - wish the whinging bar stewards would put in a tenth of the desire, commitment and effort CT puts is - cut him in half he would bleed blue - when we lose, the pain is evident on his face, when we score the glee shines through - Gillingham doubled up on him on Saturday and try as he might, he could not beat them, no coincidence when he scored he floated in from the RIGHT hand side (if I remember rightly). Cannot understand why anyone would boo CT - trés illogique IMHO. I apologise for snarling at my own fans after he scored and shouting TAYLOR, TAYLOR, TAYLOR - I am a passionate bloke who gives a :censored: for my team and it's players. Boo-ers - go and watch Manure if you want to see near faultless performances every week - leave our boys alone!!!

I think Shez and Particulary Tommy could do Chris a favour and ask themselves, Why is Chris losing the ball so much?

Week in week out, teams that do their homework put 2 players on Chris in the knowledge that he will try and run at them all day….. and often lose the ball. We should be aiming to pass the balls around them drawing players out of position rather than running into brick walls. On the other hand we could just stick him on the right.

Good post, agree with all of that.

Well said.

he looked fed up to me when he scored on saturday. He must be fed up with playing on the wrong side knowing that 9 times out of 10 he cant put a decent ball in left footed it must be driving him mad. He is probably one of our best attacking players but we waste him on the left wing - it drives me tapped. I want to slap sheridan stupid. Taylor right wing, Lomas left back (wheres hes decent) and Livermore left wing. OR if Livermore has to play left wing back about putting someone who isnt half the threat taylor is out there someone like Gary Mac. The team is unbalenced as sin but at least leave Taylor in is best position

he looked fed up to me when he scored on saturday. He must be fed up with playing on the wrong side knowing that 9 times out of 10 he cant put a decent ball in left footed it must be driving him mad. He is probably one of our best attacking players but we waste him on the left wing - it drives me tapped. I want to slap sheridan stupid. Taylor right wing, Lomas left back (wheres hes decent) and Livermore left wing. OR if Livermore has to play left wing back about putting someone who isnt half the threat taylor is out there someone like Gary Mac. The team is unbalenced as sin but at least leave Taylor in is best position

I agree

When Livermore came in i thought this was an excellent chance for Taylor to shift over to the right and was surprised to see lomax get dropped and livermore play at left back on saturday. Livermore played well and put some great balls in on Saturday from the left when he advanced forward and i think its a perfect chance to play chris taylor in his natural position on the right.