Moore Flak - Chip off the old block.

Today's rarely read Liverpool Echo reports:

Moores await Oldham flak

Feb 9 2008

by Nick Hilton, Liverpool Echo

RELATIONS between Ronnie Moore and the supporters of his previous club Oldham Athletic have been less than cordial over the last two years.

The flak is likely to be flying as thick as ever in the direction of the Tranmere manager – and his son Ian – when Rovers visit Boundary Park next month.

Moore junior upset the Latics on the final day of the January transfer window last week when he aborted a move to Oldham to make an 11th hour switch to Tranmere instead.

Ian explained: "I was 15 minutes away from taking a medical and signing for Oldham. Then I got a text from my dad saying come down to Prenton Park and sign for me. So I jumped into the car and drove off to Tranmere.

"Oldham were not pleased at all. I got a few nasty texts on my mobile phone. My dad took some stick from the fans while he was at Oldham a couple years ago and I expect we'll both come in for it when we go back there.

"But once Tranmere wanted to sign me it was the only place to go. I would have signed for them even if my dad wasn't the manager."

"But once Tranmere wanted to sign me it was the only place to go. I would have signed for them even if my dad wasn't the manager."

"Hello Ian. It's so and so from Tranmere Rovers. We want to sign you, can you get here?"

"Yeah course. I'm already on my way."

Somehow doubt it'd have been that case had it not be Ronald in charge.

Moores await Oldham flak

Feb 9 2008

RELATIONS between Ronnie Moore and the supporters of his previous club Oldham Athletic have been less than cordial over the last two years.

The flak is likely to be flying as thick as ever in the direction of the Tranmere manager – and his son Ian – when Rovers visit Boundary Park next month.

Moore junior upset the Latics on the final day of the January transfer window last week when he aborted a move to Oldham to make an 11th hour switch to Tranmere instead.

Ian explained: "I was 15 minutes away from taking a medical and signing for Oldham. Then I got a text from my dad saying come down to Prenton Park and sign for me. So I jumped into the car and drove off to Tranmere.

"Oldham were not pleased at all. I got a few nasty texts on my mobile phone. My dad took some stick from the fans while he was at Oldham a couple years ago and I expect we'll both come in for it when we go back there.

What an absolute numpty!!! Seems pleased with what he did.

"Hello Ian. It's so and so from Tranmere Rovers. We want to sign you, can you get here?"

yep. as though he didnt know his dad was interested in him till 15 mins from him coming to us.

wouldnt be surprised if they did it to wind us up. ha ha see they let in a late one today and dropped 2 points.

Moores await Oldham flak

Feb 9 2008

Scum

I know I will get abused by this suggestion and I know its pure fantasy as it will never happen BUUUUUUUUT

Would it be rather amusing to see Ronnie's and his sons reaction if we actually cheered them. I bet they would think what is going on here. They will have their thick tin hats on ready for the game and it would just be a massive shock if we changed tack from the booing and the abuse!

As it stands I really don't care he signed for his dad, would have been a completely uninspiring signing IMO.

I know I will get abused by this suggestion and I know its pure fantasy as it will never happen BUUUUUUUUT

Would it be rather amusing to see Ronnie's and his sons reaction if we actually cheered them. I bet they would think what is going on here. They will have their thick tin hats on ready for the game and it would just be a massive shock if we changed tack from the booing and the abuse!

As it stands I really don't care he signed for his dad, would have been a completely uninspiring signing IMO.

One of the best ideas I've seen on here in a long time!

Ohhh, Ronnie Ronnie. Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie, Ian Moore.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'm in striking distance of the of the away bench. Tell me what to throw and I'll throw it. :)

It's easy me sitting all the way here, but there must be a funny song that can be created for this.

When we're in the lead:

Moore and Moore

How do you like it, how do you like it

Moore and Moore

Moore and Moore

So Daddy didn't know that his little boy was available until 15minutes before he was due to sign a contract? Yeah, right. Didn't Ian, bless him, tell Daddy "I'm going to sign for Oldham"? Can't believe he kept that quiet. I wonder if Ronnie would have contacted him if he was signing for anybody else? Was it a case of a surprised Ronald nearly having heart failure as he gasped, "Oldham? ***ing Oldham? :angry: Not bloody likely. :angry: Get yer bum over 'ere, lad. I'll give yer a job". :clown:

Sod 'em both. What loyalty could we have expected from the little Moore-on? Bugger all is the answer.

:ktf:

It could have been worse. He might actually have signed for us and deliberately thrown umpteen games by missing loads of chances.

my first feeling was... arsed? total apathy

think it would be funny if there was just total disinterest in the pair of them, seems they can't wait to arrive and be centre stage, i'd love to see them both completely ignored

When we're in the lead:

Moore and Moore

Moore and Moore

Moore and Moore

was singing that with arnoid on the way back to the car at theres he he

was parked on the official car park and went past loads queing at there ticket kiosk they didnt like it one bit ha ha thank god there was a fence between us lol

was singing that with arnoid on the way back to the car at theres he he

was parked on the official car park and went past loads queing at there ticket kiosk they didnt like it one bit ha ha thank god there was a fence between us lol

That was

"Moore, Moore, Moore

How do you like it?"

aimed at Ronnie.

That was sooooooo last year - it has been overtaken by this completely different adaptation of the song, aimed at father and son. :grin: