Only 4,700 home fans today!

Expected to be low when people like Lloydy and Rocky cant be @rsed! :lol:

LOL. Must admit I was pretty tempted when your text came through at quater past 2. Though i'd of probably missed a chunk of the first half even if i'd wanted too at that point.

Lloydy gives himself a choice with alot of homes I think. Castle on a friday or Latics at home. Given how much he loves alcohol, it's not hard to see why he picks the night out. There was a fair old number of 'tics who normally go on msn between 3 and 5 though - oh and Mitton who despite having a season ticket, only goes against Leeds. :lol::grin:

Gillingham at home i've missed not so long ago. Charlton's screamer from 60 yards. Should miss home games more often. There's only a few off the top of my head I can recall and Latics have won the lot. Main one being the Grimsby Freebie

I think the Huddersfield match has done a lot of damage really.

its the third division...simple as that.

plus the extortionate entrance fee which doesnt match the product on the pitch

and the apathy of the oldham public who couldnt give a toss about football.

plus most 14-17 year olds would prefer to sit on a corner drinking wickeds and causing trouble rather than troll upto the ground and watch a game,too easy to switch the tv on these days.

no wonder more and more clubs are going to the wall,makes you kinda proud we have tta's really,who are prepared to stick by us and build us a new stadium.

get paul scholes signed up and you will increase the gates.

Our attendances have been faling over the past few years. 2004/2005 season the average was 6462. 2005/2006 season average of 5796. 2006/2007 season the average was 6334 but this season it is 5728. This is showing that in the 2004/05 season we just avoided relegation but yet we had 700 more fans than now.

Our attendances have been faling over the past few years. 2004/2005 season the average was 6462. 2005/2006 season average of 5796. 2006/2007 season the average was 6334 but this season it is 5728. This is showing that in the 2004/05 season we just avoided relegation but yet we had 700 more fans than now.

There's nothing surprising about the average attendance falling when it looks to all but the most doggedly optimistic that there is already nothing left to play for by January. This would happen at almost any club, and in any era. (It is undoubtedly exacerbated by admission costs now being sky-high though.)

That's what a very poor start to the season does for a club.

Dont have any stats to back this up, but I think that away attendances to BP have slipped year on year. I think that accounts for at least some of the fall in average crowds at BP. Also, our division seems to have got more southern based as the seasons have gone on. Also, in the main we have been terrible at home this season, that won't help.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

You think that the signing of Paul Scholes would be a gimmick signing?

It depends on circumstances. As things stand at present I doubt if he's coming any time soon. If he does a token season at BP before he calls it a day then, yes, it would be pretty much a gimmick signing that has no lasting effect on team performance or attendances. (A bit like Sherringham at Colchester or Gasgoine at Burnley.) Especially if we disrupt a settled side, performing well, to fit him in.

In any case-it won't happen.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

It depends on circumstances. As things stand at present I doubt if he's coming any time soon. If he does a token season at BP before he calls it a day then, yes, it would be pretty much a gimmick signing that has no lasting effect on team performance or attendances. (A bit like Sherringham at Colchester or Gasgoine at Burnley.) Especially if we disrupt a settled side, performing well, to fit him in.

In any case-it won't happen.

I have to disagree. A year of Paul Scholes would benefit the team, regardless of what it would do to the gate. Having him in the dressing room helping out the young players would be of benefit for more than one season.

However, if you already know that it won't happen then it's irrelevant.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

The trouble is we aint adding the young uns as fast as the old un's are dying. Fact. Same goes for our pensions.

When I was young there was little football on TV so you had to go to a 'real' match to see a game. Now youngsters are brought up on a diet of TV premiership football and think that is what football is all about!

Expected to be low when people like Lloydy and Rocky cant be @rsed! :lol:

i might just stay away missed the last 2 and theyv won em both.

as for Rocky, i dont have a choice between castle on a fri and oldham. i usualy do both.

But i dont usually have half a litre of jagiermeister before i go out, which mixed with stella and labatts made me wake up and feel like poo and not be fussed about missing oldham

i might just stay away missed the last 2 and theyv won em both.

as for Rocky, i dont have a choice between castle on a fri and oldham. i usualy do both.

But i dont usually have half a litre of jagiermeister before i go out, which mixed with stella and labatts made me wake up and feel like poo and not be fussed about missing oldham

Litre of Jagermeister? I'm surprised you woke up at all!!

• 2 years later...
After a convincing home performance against Carlisle and being unlucky not to come away from Swansea with a point, the stage was set for a decent crowd today. The sun was shining and it was just like a July afternoon. So it was very disappointing that only 4,700 home fans turned up.

We would give anything for 4,700 home fans these days!