Harsh. Considering he has been playing well for the past few months.

whats wrong...didnt you like the other thread about this......

crossley eardly and there player all contesting the same ball and crossley n eardly collide making it easy for there player....hardly crossleys fault is it....

what about all the games he has saved us this season and all the certain goals he has kept out....

short memorys some people.

I am sure a certain mark Crossley collected a cheque ahead of yesterdays match. Something to do with Latics player of the month!!

I've said it before I questioned Crossley's involvement during the opening matches of the season. However credit where credits due Crossley was big enough to say he wasn't performing well and after injury we'd see better, and we have. Yes he isn't mobile anymore but he does cover the angles well, his record says as much.

Look at how many goals we have conceded. Have you ever heard of if it aint broke dont fix it. THe ball curled tremendously well and hung in the air for ages befere dipping. All credit due to Nicky Southall. In comparison to Pogs hes a much better all round keeper, especially harder to beat with short range shots.

Just watched the goal on The Championship.

Great cross curling away from the keeper and with both Eardley and Oli bearing in, then it was never Crossley's ball. Eardley should have done better in my opinion taking control and heading out for a corner. He had an eye on Crossley though and Oli was able to use his height advantage.

Crossley is a good shot stopper, but anything coming across he is very shaky. A couple of times yesterday he started to come for a cross and stopped. He's got to either stay where he is or come and get it, otherwise the defence aren't sure what he's going to do. If a defender sees him coming out of the corner of his eye, then he expects Crossley to carry on coming out, if he doesn't the defender has problems. We have had better goalkeepers last season and let them go. Beresford is a better keeper than Crossley.

Just watched the goal on The Championship.

Great cross curling away from the keeper and with both Eardley and Oli bearing in, then it was never Crossley's ball. Eardley should have done better in my opinion taking control and heading out for a corner. He had an eye on Crossley though and Oli was able to use his height advantage.

Can't even remotly agree mate. I watched it too. He looks like he's running on water as that balls coming in... his legs are peddling but he doesn't seem to move accross the goal at all. He gets into no-mans land half way between the cross and the goal and from then on it's inevitable.

I'm certainly not saying he's awful, and he's kept us in several games with his shot stopping, but that goal's his fault. You can argue the defender should deal with it too yes. But it's a lofted cross inside the six yard box. That has to be keepers ball. If not he's got to be glued to the line waiting for the shot.

Can't even remotly agree mate. I watched it too. He looks like he's running on water as that balls coming in... his legs are peddling but he doesn't seem to move accross the goal at all. He gets into no-mans land half way between the cross and the goal and from then on it's inevitable.

I'm certainly not saying he's awful, and he's kept us in several games with his shot stopping, but that goal's his fault. You can argue the defender should deal with it too yes. But it's a lofted cross inside the six yard box. That has to be keepers ball. If not he's got to be glued to the line waiting for the shot.

To me it looked like his leg/knee went as he tried to get to the ball. Could be wrong though.

To me it looked like his leg/knee went as he tried to get to the ball. Could be wrong though.

Possible, he certainly wobbled.

I wouldn't be shocked (with Pogs out) to see a youth/reserve keeper from higher up come in at some point. The Official site has once again refered to him as injured... we don't want to be getting someone in last minute. Get them in now and get them used to our setup!

He was definitely injured - I think the same thing thing he had when he played through the pain barrier away at Cheltenham. The strapping might have given the clue that he wasn't fully fit and I doubt he would have started had Pogs not been knacked, I dare say a lot of players at his age might object to turning out one legged, I think Crossley shows great attitude for us.