Tuesday night

I am going to get slated for this but I don’t like him (Shez) at all.

To be brutally honest (and to send Diego into melt down) he was the best of a bad bunch when he joined us as a player so I don’t rate him as a legend as most of the younger fans do sorry.

:blush:

I can see where you are coming from in highlighting many of Shez's shortcomings as a manager and his comments today regarding signings are a little mystifying to say the least

but to criticise Shez as a player beggars belief Kyle. I went to pretty much every game when Shez was turning out for us and I've said it before and i'll say it again, if Shez hadn't have been brought in by Stitch in November 1998 we'd now be playing Conference football, no iffs or buts look at where most of that squad are now. Then when he was forced into a return during the summer of hell he was better than most of this league on one leg! His quality performances from 98-04 are too innumerable to list, but just a snapshot he was MOM when we won at City, Wigan, drew at Sheff Wed etc, etc

:shock:

I can see where you are coming from in highlighting many of Shez's shortcomings as a manager and his comments today regarding signings are a little mystifying to say the least

but to criticise Shez as a player beggars belief Kyle. I went to pretty much every game when Shez was turning out for us and I've said it before and i'll say it again, if Shez hadn't have been brought in by Stitch in November 1998 we'd now be playing Conference football, no iffs or buts look at where most of that squad are now. Then when he was forced into a return during the summer of hell he was better than most of this league on one leg! His quality performances from 98-04 are too innumerable to list, but just a snapshot he was MOM when we won at City, Wigan, drew at Sheff Wed etc, etc

:shock:

I agree with you he stood out by a country mile at BP, IMO though Sheridan was the best of a bad bunch.

In his day before latics Sheridan was a great midfielder but he was far past his best at our place and still stuck out in our team because we were as poor as you said.

I am in no dispute he was a good player and your right We would have struggled big time without him and I am grateful, but to get the tag of legend is a bit much for me and to be our trainee manager is also one step to far IMO.

Get Dowie back lol

:o

To be brutally honest (and to send Diego into melt down) he was the best of a bad bunch when he joined us as a player so I don’t rate him as a legend as most of the younger fans do sorry.

With this said I still follow and support the team he puts out home and away, hypocrite or what lol

:blush:

As you said you'll be expecting this but as a player :shock:

Sheridan was unbelievable for us, he really was. Don't let your opinion on him as a manager cloud that of his playing time with us. He was fantastic.

I agree with you he stood out by a country mile at BP, IMO though Sheridan was the best of a bad bunch.

In his day before latics Sheridan was a great midfielder but he was far past his best at our place and still stuck out in our team because we were as poor as you said.

I am in no dispute he was a good player and your right We would have struggled big time without him and I am grateful, but to get the tag of legend is a bit much for me and to be our trainee manager is also one step to far IMO.

Get Dowie back lol

:o

Course he was the best of a bad bunch, cos the rest of 'em aprt from Gary Kelly and one or two others were pisspoor. Bit like Gerrard at Liverpool. As for the tag of Legend, he stuck with us as a player/coach whilst not getting paid. Been caretaker manager twice. And given us many wonderful days as manager to counter the many :censored: ones. Quick snapshot

Forest 0 Latics 2

Latics 5 Forest 0

Latics 1 Tranmoore 0

Swansea 0 Latics 1

Play Offs

Tranmere 0 Latics 1

Leeds1 Latics 3

Everton 0 Latics 1

etc, etc

As for your final comment regarding Dowie you really are talking out of your arse now. When he needed to stand up and be counted he was publicly giving it the stand side by side in the trenches, whilst privately emailing his CV to every country in the land. Yes he got us to the play offs but we were :censored: at home mate. Shez is a legend he's given us 9 1/2 years service. Hand on heart he's pissed us all off at times this season with his tentativeness and his reluctance to make big decisions. He's starting to make them now and we're winnning more than we're losing. Hand on heart if anyone says they never criticised Frizz or Joe then I will show you a liar. The play offs may be a long shot but even i'm thinking never say never. Changing the manager every 18 months is not the answer, Look how well Freddie Boswell is doing, BECAUSE THE TRANNY'S HAVE STUCK WITH HIM. LIKE WE STUCK WITH ROYLE AND FRIZZ!

KTF!

Edited by oafcprozac