BP's Biggest Moaners

Are Sheridan and Wright....

I never heard one word of encouragement even during the second half's improved performance... It's no wonder the crowd gets on the players backs when they hear the Management team doing just that. I am coming round to the belief that the team are performing quite well in spite of the Management, not because of them. The only time TW comes down the steps is to berate a player for something he's done, be it good or bad.

Now before you all say it... I'm not advocating getting rid of either because I don't know who we would replace them with... But a little encouragement would go a long way. I mean, thats what we all ask the fans to do.... The Manager and his sidekick should be capable of this too. Shouldn't they???

I never heard one word of encouragement even during the second half's improved performance... It's no wonder the crowd gets on the players backs when they hear the Management team doing just that. I am coming round to the belief that the team are performing quite well in spite of the Management, not because of them. The only time TW comes down the steps is to berate a player for something he's done, be it good or bad.

Now before you all say it... I'm not advocating getting rid of either because I don't know who we would replace them with... But a little encouragement would go a long way. I mean, thats what we all ask the fans to do.... The Manager and his sidekick should be capable of this too. Shouldn't they???

Good point, and one I've been making since before the end of last season... no one seem's to listen though! :(

This is a whoosh right?

Sorry, but what's a whoosh? This is a legitimate point!!

A whoosh is where you post something, someone agrees and then you say "only kidding".

Sitting in the lower George Hill you get to see Shez and Tommy. And as much as I rate them both, and this is no way and "OUT!!" post I think it's something they need to work on.

There is far too much negitvity coming from them at times.

All managers do this! They spend all week with the players letting them know what they want them to do, building them up, putting the arm round them if needed then for the 90 mins of the game they have to get the result and if that means giving the players a rocket then thats what they do.

When Capello raced to the touchline within 30 seconds of the game against the Swiss I don't think he was wanting to say "Good pass Upson, well played Gerrard" he was ranting and raving like a maniac as the players were doing what he wanted. He spent the second half on the line shouting "press, press".

They have all week to be nicey nicey but during the game at 0-0 or 0-1 no manager in the world is going to stand there saying "well played boys, keep your tails up".

I

:applause1:

I was wondering how the anti shez bregade would attack shez after us winning 2-1....well done :)

Who's attacking anybody.... All I and others are saying is give the lads a little encouragement for Gods sake.

You should know by now Terry, even constructively critical valid points are unacceptable if they are aimed at the Messiah :wink:

Give the guy a break will you? he's rightly pointed out that shez often yells some ridiculous confidence shattering abuse at his own players. It's not just the moaners who need to consider what they're shouting.

Different managers work differently, if shez wants to shout at his players let him do that, and as someone rightly says you will never get a manager worth his salt saying well done or whatever on the touch line if you are 0-0 or 0-1.

if you were a sales rep and you wernt hitting targets you would expect a dressing down, that rule is the same in football. If shez came out and said at the end of a defeat all the blame is on the players i would be unhappy. until then im happy if a few strong words are said on the touchline.

please remind me, did fergie praise his players on sunday when united were 2-0 down? oh but i forgot, he is a crap manager who never wins anything

he's rightly pointed out that shez often yells some ridiculous confidence shattering abuse at his own players. It's not just the moaners who need to consider what they're shouting.

So what "ridiculous confidence shattering abuse" was he shouting, as it obviously didnt work as we got stronger as the game went on.

Its a bit different if Sheridan has a go at the players. He is the manager who is doing a job. This may be one of his techniques to get the best out of them, and he isnt doing too bad a job of it.

People in the other stands moan but they can't hear Shez...

I remember when Killen scored a hatrick in the ressy's a few year back and he was on top form then missed a sitter. Shez b*llocks him saying how it's a simple game and just kick it between those white sticks. Seems he's never happy but that's a good thing in my opinion.

People in the other stands moan but they can't hear Shez...

I remember when Killen scored a hatrick in the ressy's a few year back and he was on top form then missed a sitter. Shez b*llocks him saying how it's a simple game and just kick it between those white sticks. Seems he's never happy but that's a good thing in my opinion.

nobody is 100% sure of how things are done in training,that imo is when shez and his team will have there arms round people encouraging them,and pointing out how they can improve there game by listening and taking on the ideas being offered to them,by some very good professionals.

quite rightly during a game if the players arent doing what they have been asked to do and trained to do all week he is justified in having a go at them.

people would soon moan if he just sat there watching all game not saying anything or changing things.

i think happyterry should perhaps change his name...to something more appropriate.

nobody is 100% sure of how things are done in training,that imo is when shez and his team will have there arms round people encouraging them,and pointing out how they can improve there game by listening and taking on the ideas being offered to them,by some very good professionals.

quite rightly during a game if the players arent doing what they have been asked to do and trained to do all week he is justified in having a go at them.

people would soon moan if he just sat there watching all game not saying anything or changing things.

i think happyterry should perhaps change his name...to something more appropriate.

Whilst I accept you have a point about training etc. I would like to point out that after we went two-one up on Saturday I was an extremely happy person as the team I support was winning..... However this happiness didn't seem to permeate down to the touchline as every time I had the misfortune to look in their direction there they were..... cussing somebody out once more..... I KNOW that a roasting is appropriate from time to time during the game.... Just not for the entire 90 minutes. It is coming to a stage on here where to have a view on something is to be sentenced to death. Just watch the two of them on Satdi.... I'll watch the game..... :wink::huh: if I think someone needs a :censored: for doing something wrong I'll do it.. Oh no... that would be construed as moaning wouldn't it.....!!!!

Edited by happyterryb

Whilst I accept you have a point about training etc. I would like to point out that after we went two-one up on Saturday I was an extremely happy person as the team I support was winning..... However this happiness didn't seem to permeate down to the touchline as every time I had the misfortune to look in their direction there they were..... cussing somebody out once more..... I KNOW that a roasting is appropriate from time to time during the game.... Just not for the entire 90 minutes. It is coming to a stage on here where to have a view on something is to be sentenced to death. Just watch the two of them on Satdi.... I'll watch the game..... :wink::huh: if I think someone needs a :censored: for doing something wrong I'll do it.. Oh no... that would be construed as moaning wouldn't it.....!!!!

im not saying you cant have a view or opinion,of course you can,we practice freedom of speech so ill say what i like and vice versa,people dont have to agree or dissagree with it,thats called choice.

i was merely pointing out maybe you should change your name to something more appropriate,like notalwayshappyterryb...or sometimeshappyterryb....

so once the team went 2-1 he carried on bawling.....GOOD!!!,he was most probably like everyone else at bp hoping we didnt blow it again at home,and pointing out if you do that again and they equalise ffs,the moaners will kick in again....im just sorry he doesnt have the management style that you wish for.......which is by the way????

so once the team went 2-1 he carried on bawling.....GOOD!!!,he was most probably like everyone else at bp hoping we didnt blow it again at home,

I was going to come on here and say that, actually he was probably the one person in BP who was damn sure that he would do everything in his power to make sure we didn't throw it away and was probably telling the lads to take the ball in to the corners and hold it there. His job is to get results first and foremost.

It is coming to a stage on here where to have a view on something is to be sentenced to death.

That is nonsense, I put a thread on here on Saturday about Chris Taylor and not everyone agreed with me. Same with Davies, until Saturday I disagreed with people who thought he was a talent, I thought he was another JJ, quick but not much end product. He was awful in the first half but in the last 15 minutes I thought that we was a little gem and I have changed my opinion on him.

This whole board is full of opinions and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Not eveyone agrees with what gets put on here and it would be dull if it was. If someone puts something on here that someone else disagrees with then they are most likely going to post saying why they diagree with it and give an alternative opinion. If someone puts nonsense on here then they will mopst likely get flamed for it. The key is to not take it so seriously.

So what "ridiculous confidence shattering abuse" was he shouting, as it obviously didnt work as we got stronger as the game went on.

Its a bit different if Sheridan has a go at the players. He is the manager who is doing a job. This may be one of his techniques to get the best out of them, and he isnt doing too bad a job of it.

Any basic training information on psychology or teaching wil tell you the importance of avoiding stressing the negative aspect of anyones performance who is supposedly being taught to do something but find ways to improve performance by building from the positives in the performance of the individual concerned. It can have a severe effect on their confidence and progress not to use this technique.

It makes you wonder what is said when prospective mamagers take there coaching qualifications and whether they are taught ways to be firm and gain respect without resorting to ranting on a regular basis which the more it is done the more resentment will build up in the receiver of the abuse. It is simple human nature.

Confidence is a major issue for anyone in anything they do. Having said that you can only pick 11 players for a game so the way you approach players who are not in the side is also going to be crucial. I wonder what is really said behind the closed doors of the football club.

Maybe we just see the worst side of our manager during the matches due to his passion for the game.

Over the last few weeks Wolfy (After 2 mins on the pitch) has endured "Call yourself a professional footballer? :censored:!", Taylor (Whilst on the left) has been subjected to "Beat the man or f***ing give up the game" and Lomax must be a nervous wreck with the constant yelling aimed at him.

There are many ways to handle people, and sometimes a good kick up the aristotle is just what's needed, but those youngsters needed encouragement on the pitch and the ass kicking in the dressing room, otherwise they are experiencing the same weight on their shoulders as when the abusive fans rip them apart.

The Half time break is an opportunity to say to a youngster "I picked you because you're a damn good player and I know you can do better than that - go back out there and prove me right". Maybe Shez did that on Sat, we don't know, but the performance improved.

We need to remember that JS and TW know a great deal about football, but that doesn't mean they know anything about man-management. That is yet another rung on the ladder to successful football management.

damn right he moans!

how many times have we gone 1 goal up and have them equalise in the last minute, or score an avoidable goal, shez wants the best out of them, and you really cant blame him for that,

even if we were 3-0 up i would still expect them to continue playing good right to the end, because another goal scored or goal conceded can stil affect our goal diffedrence, and we need a strong goal difference as we push for promotion, because our hopes for a playoff spot could rely on just that!

what would you do if shez didnt moan at gillingham and they scored a goal? guaranteed that some cock would put up a thread saying "why was shez not asking for more"

at the end of the day you moan... about managers moaning,

well fair enough at least you turn up to matches unlike them who decide "wow latics are playing a big game, ive suddenly realised ima big oldham fan, hey janice, look under my united scarfs see if you can find that latics scarf im going!"

oldham fans in best order:

1) true fan, season ticket holder, gets behind team at all costs

2) Fan who comes to most games but occasionally miss it to go to a party

3) average fan who comes to matches but is thinking of going somewhere else

4) the ones who come but complain all the way through it

5) them girls who always seem to be sat behind me, asking which team is oldham

6) the "United fan who likes oldham" fan or cock for short

7) the fan who comes to big games but is not seen again till the next big game

oldham fans in best order:

1) true fan, season ticket holder, gets behind team at all costs

2) Fan who comes to most games but occasionally miss it to go to a party

3) average fan who comes to matches but is thinking of going somewhere else