BP's Biggest Moaners

Did I dream it, or did Sheridan coach Youth and youthful Reserve teams to win every competition in sight? Kids must have been a lot tougher in those days not to buckle under the weight of his criticism. In fact, that’s probably why the likes of Taylor, Eardley, Smalley, Hall, Alessandra, Lomax and others ended up drifting out of football altogether :mmm:

im not saying you cant have a view or opinion,of course you can,we practice freedom of speech so ill say what i like and vice versa,people dont have to agree or dissagree with it,thats called choice.

i was merely pointing out maybe you should change your name to something more appropriate,like notalwayshappyterryb...or sometimeshappyterryb....

so once the team went 2-1 he carried on bawling.....GOOD!!!,he was most probably like everyone else at bp hoping we didnt blow it again at home,and pointing out if you do that again and they equalise ffs,the moaners will kick in again....im just sorry he doesnt have the management style that you wish for.......which is by the way????

I have had time to read trough your post again and agree that I may have responded a little touchaly. For that I apologise. Now... As to the style of Management i would like to see. Praise when it's due... a round of applause when something is done well on the pitch. A rocket when a professional makes a stupid error... Taylor on the right. It just seems that this is not happening at the moment.

go on why not? im open to criticism

Not critising you personally mate... just...

1) true fan, season ticket holder, gets behind team at all costs

Not me. I don't have an ST

2) Fan who comes to most games but occasionally miss it to go to a party

Not me. I don't make "most games"

3) average fan who comes to matches but is thinking of going somewhere else

Not me. I don't think about being somewhere else when I'm at BP

4) the ones who come but complain all the way through it

Not me. I might give a bit of sitck once in a while, but never all the way through and never to moan!

5) them girls who always seem to be sat behind me, asking which team is oldham

Not me. I'm not a lady... I know who Oldham are.

6) the "United fan who likes oldham" fan or cock for short

Not me. I'm not a United fan.

7) the fan who comes to big games but is not seen again till the next big game

Not me. I do make more effort to make the 'big' games I admit, but I will make as many inbetween as I can.

So where do I fit in to this sweeping generalisation?

Did I dream it, or did Sheridan coach Youth and youthful Reserve teams to win every competition in sight? Kids must have been a lot tougher in those days not to buckle under the weight of his criticism. In fact, that’s probably why the likes of Taylor, Eardley, Smalley, Hall, Alessandra, Lomax and others ended up drifting out of football altogether :mmm:

You know what? You've got a point. Maybe I shouldn't get annoyed when some cock in the paddock abuses the youngsters - because those kids won't buckle under the weight of criticism.

Did the argument just go full circle or am I too naive to realise that abuse is ok if it comes from the manager? :mmm:

never once heard shez abuse the players

My earlier post details examples heard and commented on by a number of people who sit near me.

Put simply, everyone has the right to moan at something they believe unacceptable - manager or paying spectator. However, abusive, unfounded or non constructive comments from ANYONE are not going to help. Shez and TW could lead by example on that score.

moaning from the manager is fine abuse from the stands is not.

But we're talking about moaning from the stands too... booing isn't abuse it's moaning.

I'm not saying I want Shez to be give the players cuddles. I accept that, agree with and want him to moan at the players when they're not doing well, or when we're starting to settle on a 1-0 lead with 15mins left. Then YES I want him kicking and screaming.

But at the same time when a young player like Eardley or Taylor does a little move or pass or whatever well they should be encouraged... for the love of God that's what we're saying we need from the fans! How can we expect it from us if we're not getting it from within the team and the management!?

But we're talking about moaning from the stands too... booing isn't abuse it's moaning.

I'm not saying I want Shez to be give the players cuddles. I accept that, agree with and want him to moan at the players when they're not doing well, or when we're starting to settle on a 1-0 lead with 15mins left. Then YES I want him kicking and screaming.

But at the same time when a young player like Eardley or Taylor does a little move or pass or whatever well they should be encouraged... for the love of God that's what we're saying we need from the fans! How can we expect it from us if we're not getting it from within the team and the management!?

Yes, THAT'S what I was trying to say. Thanks Ackey :)