Gillingham Manager Mark Stimson on oldham fans

"We scored a half-decent goal and then you think this could be the day. We silenced the crowd who were looking like they could turn on their own team at any minute"

It must be bad if other teams are even noticing it.........which could explain our dismal home form

:mad:

Fans discontented as team goes a goal down at home (again) shock!

Over the years, certain clubs have had a reputation for their fans being quick to turn on their own team. We never had that reputation and when we conceded a goal, a big roar would go around the ground to lift the team. Now when we go a goal down, all you can hear is "moan moan moan bloody this bloody that". We now have the reputation of turning on our team.

When Crossley stayed down after Gillingham's goal yesterday, somebody near me shouted "Get the fat t**t off" and there was much laughter around. Not exactly words of encouragement.

Latics fans are no different to any others when after a season of poor home results have prevailed. Sure we've had two home wins on the bounce and long may it continue, the problem with an extended run into 4 long months of poor home form without a league win means whenever that side conceeds an air of expectability occurs. Now the longer this winning run extends including winning from being down will alter that.

Latics fans are no different to any others when after a season of poor home results have prevailed. Sure we've had two home wins on the bounce and long may it continue, the problem with an extended run into 4 long months of poor home form without a league win means whenever that side conceeds an air of expectability occurs. Now the longer this winning run extends including winning from being down will alter that.

It is truly amazing how many people on internet boards seem unable to grasp these obvious points.

It is truly amazing how many people on internet boards seem unable to grasp these obvious points.

I agree Jonesy that is is utterly astonishing that some people seem to think that 4 months of poor form can all be blamed on the fact we have a few moaning gits.

Drphibes

"We scored a half-decent goal and then you think this could be the day. We silenced the crowd who were looking like they could turn on their own team at any minute"

It must be bad if other teams are even noticing it.........which could explain our dismal home form

Which could explain our dismal home form? Here we go again looking for excuses for why we haven't performed at home - it must be the crowds fault eh?! Jeez!

Get a grip.

Oh, and Stimson is just a whinging tosser, he was griping about something or other last week as well wasn't he? Remember seeing him score an own goal against us at BP for Newcastle. :grin:

Edited by danoafc

Oh, and Stimson is just a whinging tosser, he was griping about something or other last week as well wasn't he? Remember seeing him score an own goal against us at BP for Newcastle. :grin:

Was that the game when it rained really hard just before kick off and the the plastic paradise was like an ice rink? We were one-nil down with a minute or so to go (to a Mick Quinn goal, with more than a hint of offside?) then we were gifted an equaliser via an own goal.

Was that the game when it rained really hard just before kick off and the the plastic paradise was like an ice rink? We were one-nil down with a minute or so to go (to a Mick Quinn goal, with more than a hint of offside?) then we were gifted an equaliser via an own goal.

I think it was. It was defo 1-0 to the with a couple of mins to go and the ball literally crawled over the line for the equaliser while their keeper desperately scrambled for it!

thats' the one!!

remember it like no other goal at boundary park..... (that may seem strange but 10yrs in the RAF meant i missed the more 'obvious' ones....)

i was in the chaddy back then and i remember that ball being passed back to the goalie (burridge?) and him diving to collect it, then missing it and it slooooooooooowly trickling past him into the net for a 1-1 draw!!

the guy is simply a tad 'hacked' off that once the second goal went in the Gills stood around for the rest of the game...(if they were'nt doing already!!!

Not really hard to silence Boundary Park.

Not really hard to silence Boundary Park.

Some of fans are a disgrace, what the hell do they want, its 3rd division football. Me and my mates now take bets on the first unbelievable comment.... Yesterday they included!

Davies, get back to to Italy you wife beating c@nt!!!!!

Taylor you Ginger useless bag of spunk!!!

Eardley get back to Wales you prick!!!

We are 10th, 2 games in hand - What is going on??

Some of fans are a disgrace, what the hell do they want, its 3rd division football. Me and my mates now take bets on the first unbelievable comment.... Yesterday they included!

Have to say.. these are disgraceful, though I thought there were a few rather amusing shouts yesterday.... my favourite by a clear distance was after we went 1-0 down and in the silence when most people had their head in their hands after our latest abysmal attempt at linking 2 passes together... someone from near the front of the main stand shouted (so everyone in the stand could hear)

"Well Shez, Dont know about you, but I dont think much of this attacking football!"

:grin:

Raised a laugh from most people... and then we came out in the second half and spanked em... everyones Happy....

I heard them, part of the reason why I wanted to leave the ground and go to the pub at half time.

Speaking out of their arses.

Thankfully the players shut them all up with an improved second half performance.

I'd be disgusted if these comments were shouted at an opposition player, let alone one of our own. There is no justification for this sort of comment.

The problem i have with the moaning this year is that it seems completely unjustified...if we had splashed the cash around on older more experienced players for a serious promotion push i could understand, but the fact that on the whole its a team full of youngsters which is getting the abuse is just out of order.

And then its the randomness of abuse, for example, Smalley falls over in front of goal = hes S**t get off the Fing pitch etc. Alessandra does it, its unlucky Alessandra well played keep going! why is it one rule for one player and one for another.

Funnyiest bit of abuse was from the idiot behind me who went on a massive rant at Davies for getting tackled in the box in the first half when it was infact Alessandra! If thats not just people moaning for the sake of moaning at someone i dont know what is.

I'd be disgusted if these comments were shouted at an opposition player, let alone one of our own. There is no justification for this sort of comment.

if that is what was actually said then its disgusting.

these no brain fans will be there at the end of the season jumping up n down if we get into the playoff final.

naming and shaming in public maybe a bit too far and confrontational.but if you notice it again try and have a sneaky look at the seat number then email the club after the game.

the manager and owners and players have all said they dont want negative comments for no reason so a polite letter from the club might just do it.

I heard a funny one at the Gills match. Bear in mind we're one down and cant string two passes together at this point. I think it was Stam just about to go long again from the back when someone shouts "find a blue shirt", just as the t in shirt finshed the ball sails into the main stand paddock. then another wit shouts "one on the pitch" made me chuckle!