Whats your favourite Latics home colours of the past?

Tommy_Fent

What colours?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. your choice

• All Blue
    • Blue Shirts, White Shorts
    • Blue Stripe down the middle (Ajax)
    • Tangerine and Blue
    • Red and White stripes (thats our original colours apparently)

I'd personally go for either the Ajax style stripe down the side, or Tangerine and Blue, I feel that these colours give us a form of Identitiy. Call me sad if you want, you can say you don't care but I'm proud to be an Oldham fan and I want people to know that.

Oldham Athletic >> SHIRTS << through the years

Edited by oa_exile
Link added

The blue stripe down the middle, copied by Ajax, is a classic that would look brilliant today and identify us in a distinctive way, rather than as a copy of Chelsea's colours.

think the ajax version was there before latics' ...sure i read a thread here somewhere about it...?

confirmed prozac~? :mmm:

think the ajax version was there before latics' ...sure i read a thread here somewhere about it...?

confirmed prozac~? :mmm:

No idea, sure there's something in one of Beckett's books. If you'd like to oblige Diego, down at Uni at the moment. deadlines coming thick and fast and lost two days this weekend due to drinking the Corner Flag Suite dry on Saturday afternoon. :drinking45::drinking66: Still rough this morning! :drinking::sick01::sick01::sick01: At what point do you stop being able to drink your own body weight, have three hours kip and start all over again in the pub the following lunch time?

Oh and back on topic the Lees kit from 85-87. Horizontal white stripe across the middle and white shorts. NICEST kit we have EVER had. Discussion over! :bat:

Edited by oafcprozac

The blue stripe down the middle, copied by Ajax, is a classic that would look brilliant today and identify us in a distinctive way, rather than as a copy of Chelsea's colours.

2258041498_82e897e1a0_b.jpg

Picture courtesy of Stewart W. Beckett's book 'Keeping The Deam Alive'.

How can anyone say that this is not a design classic? :first:

P.S. Old-timers name those players.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

It's gorgeous. But when they tried to redo that the other year with Sparta it was absolutely awful.

But then it was a cheap manufacturer and also looked predominantly white due to no stripe on the back or sleeves.

I posted a while back that we don't have a genuine kit identity which is a shame. If'd we stuck with the red/blue hoops from the start then it would have been a unique kit that was obviously Latics. However bringing back after years and years of blue or blue/white was an awful mistake.

2258041498_82e897e1a0_b.jpg

Picture courtesy of Stewart W. Beckett's book 'Keeping The Deam Alive'.

How can anyone say that this is not a design classic? :first:

P.S. Old-timers name those players.

That kit will always be THE latics kit for me, followed by all blue. Anyone remember the 66/67 away kit - white with blue candy stripes & blue shorts?

The players shown are

Back row Frizzell ?? Branagan Bollands Lawson ??

Front row Ledger Craig (?) ?? Bowie Colquhoun

It's gorgeous. But when they tried to redo that the other year with Sparta it was absolutely awful.

That was the 2000-2002 shirt.

An attempt was made at reviving the 1960-61 shirt with the blue/white panels reversed, and the plain white sleeves. It was Pony (not rhyming slang!) who made a training top along similar lines to that shirt. As with the 2000-2002 shirt, f the panels had continued down the back, instead of being all white, it would have looked brilliant. I'll be wearing my Pony training top in the Bristol pub tomorrow to show where the copy of the 1960-61 shirt design fell down. B)

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

If'd we stuck with the red/blue hoops from the start then it would have been a unique kit that was obviously Latics. However bringing back after years and years of blue or blue/white was an awful mistake.

There never was a red/blue hoops from the start - it was red/white stripes/hoops - check out the link on exile's post.