Whats your favourite Latics home colours of the past?

Tommy_Fent

What colours?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. your choice

• All Blue
    • Blue Shirts, White Shorts
    • Blue Stripe down the middle (Ajax)
    • Tangerine and Blue
    • Red and White stripes (thats our original colours apparently)

The blue and white thirds or "Ajax" kit.

It's unique and it's traditional.

Wholly agree. It was as distinct as Blackburn's halves, or Bristol Rovers' quarters. Solely down to Ken Bates' that we stopped wearing it.

An all blue strip is boring, derivative, and makes us on of umpteen.

Got to be the 'Ajax' kit for me, it's a proper traditional Latics design. BUT next time we need a better recreation of it, the Sparta one was gash! If we had this with a Tangerine away kit we would have a proper identity in the same way (with the home kit at least) that :censored: Rovers have had over the years.

Love that kit.

Would Umbro send their goons out looking for me if I could get it re-made and sold it on the sly? :wink:

As the Carlsberg marketing team would say........."probably"

Unless you called it Umbra and had a very close but slight variation of the diamonds.... :mmm:

Got to be the 'Ajax' kit for me, it's a proper traditional Latics design. BUT next time we need a better recreation of it, the Sparta one was gash! If we had this with a Tangerine away kit we would have a proper identity in the same way (with the home kit at least) that :censored: Rovers have had over the years.

Absolutely SPOT ON!

There never was a red/blue hoops from the start - it was red/white stripes/hoops - check out the link on exile's post.

My mistake - but there were a few distinct kits near the start which we could have kept and been distinctive, shame we didn't.

77 - 79 Umbro with the diamonds running down the sleeves.

Ricky Kowenicki, Kenny Clements - Classic

Same for me. That was a great kit and the first I was bought as a youngster. I remember it now: wearing the full kit on Xmas Day...

Edited by martjs

Wholly agree. It was as distinct as Blackburn's halves, or Bristol Rovers' quarters. Solely down to Ken Bates' that we stopped wearing it.

An all blue strip is boring, derivative, and makes us on of umpteen.

I totally agree with this. I'd love to see us playing in a strip that was instantly recognisable again, even though since I've been going (early eighties) we've played in an all blue shirt at least (most of the time).

Can we not email the club suggesting that this may be a poular idea and asking the club to put it to the fans via a poll as to whetehr we'd like to see a return to our traditional, recognisable colours? Perhaps if they then decided to trial it we could have variations of the 'ajax' blue centre striped kit for us to choose from.