92nd minute

but to be honest this ridiculous free for all slagging off after every defeat is getting tedious,and like i have said many times before,we are a third division team struggling week by week,and not the superstar team and players some would have you believe.

No, no-people moan on here precisely because we're ' a third divsion team struggling week by week', not because they think we have a team of superstars. We've been a shoddy third tier outfit for eleven seasons now. Gets tedious.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no-people moan on here precisely because we're ' a third divsion team struggling week by week', not because they think we have a team of superstars. We've been a shoddy third tier outfit for eleven seasons now. Gets tedious.

so come on then..how do we change it???

'Real one out'?

I wasn't the first to raise the issue of it being another wasted season.

Another one who has, essentially, nothing to say other than, 'everybody else is rubbish so no shame in us being rubbish too keep the faith.'

Nice to see you've given that question a wide berth once again Corporal.

Nice to see you've given that question a wide berth once again Corporal.

It's difficult not to give the question a wide berth when not only are you offline, but not even at home or anywhere that has an internet connection.

We had a long thread that went into all his only in the last couple of weeks (the one that got moved away from view.) I see no point in repeating the debate.

It merely suffices to say that we have had several seasons similar to this one (last season, too, in essence, displayed all the same problems, despite the excellent-but ultimately heartbreaking and damaging-false dawn period.) What this proves is that the club is, in fooball terms, bogged down. When you read between the lines, nobody at the club really knows what to do about it (and, in their hearts, nor do they really want to.) Staying in the division continues to be defined as success, with new ideas regarding climbig higher postponed to the golden dawn of a post-BP redevelopment period that may never come about-and this is all that many (most?) supporters, chastened by the Chris Moore period, now want: 'little Oldham of the third divison; keep the faith.'

It's difficult not to give the question a wide berth when not only are you offline, but not even at home or anywhere that has an internet connection.

No. That isn't the reason. You'd replied to me after I posed the question but decided to avoid. Y'know, the reply where you went on to tar me with the one brush you have about being a Latics fan that's ever so happy to be accepting our fate which is a life of Division 3. Do keep up.

We had a long thread that went into all his only in the last couple of weeks (the one that got moved away from view.) I see no point in repeating the debate.

Hang on a minute. But you are doing. If you read back the only one that has sent this off topic is YOU. Go on, have a look...

What this proves is that the club is, in fooball terms, bogged down. When you read between the lines, nobody at the club really knows what to do about it (and, in their hearts, nor do they really want to.)

A most ridiculous a statement to make. It's rubbish like this you spout which really get the backs up of other fans. You're not being 'the voice of reason' or 'telling the uncomfortable truth' you're making crackpot assumptions that there's something amiss behind the scenes when there isn't.

And I'd call that pretty destructive criticism.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

No. That isn't the reason. You'd replied to me after I posed the question but decided to avoid. Y'know, the reply where you went on to tar me with the one brush you have about being a Latics fan that's ever so happy to be accepting our fate which is a life of Division 3. Do keep up.

Hang on a minute. But you are doing. If you read back the only one that has sent this off topic is YOU. Go on, have a look...

A most ridiculous a statement to make. It's rubbish like this you spout which really get the backs up of other fans. You're not being 'the voice of reason' or 'telling the uncomfortable truth' you're making crackpot assumptions that there's something amiss behind the scenes when there isn't.

And I'd call that pretty destructive criticism.

You can blather on all you like, but the fact remains that, after about 7.30 yesterday evening, I wasn't here to answer the question you accused me of ducking. (A qustionthat can't really be anwered in any case.) Nor was I the first to veer of topic and onto an issues that are very much related to it. Not that any of this matters.

I don't think there is anything amiss behind the scenes in straightforward footballing or business terms-it's more a matter of belief.

You can blather on all you like, but the fact remains that, after about 7.30 yesterday evening, I wasn't here to answer the question you accused me of ducking. (A qustionthat can't really be anwered in any case.) Nor was I the first to veer of topic and onto an issues that are very much related to it. Not that any of this matters.

I don't think there is anything amiss behind the scenes in straightforward footballing or business terms-it's more a matter of belief.

You replied at 19.17 straight after I asked the following question:

Just to put a benchmark on it, how many have done [sailed past us] since 2000, with a budget the same as ours is now and are still up there? (i.e. the Championship or higher).

wuiw012.jpg

In an attempt to get back to the topic... funny how those complaining about conceding so late and implying another Latics cock-up weren't at the game, and most of those who were haven't bothered adding their views. I wasn't there either, but I did bother to find out what happened. Frankly, 0-0 would have been floodlit robbery and we did well to hold on as far as we did. Always frustrating to concede so late on but it's not as if Rovers didn't deserve the points.

As for how it reflects on our season - it was one game FFS. 3 points at home to Yeovil on Sat puts us straight back on track for a late play-off push (unlikely I admit, but we'll still be in the fight).