Drum confiscated at Brizzle!

The drummer put in a sterling first half permormance at Brizzle and the singers were on top form. Then at half-time the drum was confiscated in spite of the drummer having contacted Rovers in advance and been given permission to bring the drum into the ground and play it. The story from the Steward was that residents in nearby houses had complained about the drum beat. He said it was the first time a drum had been brought to a night match. This was stated to be incorrect by a policewoman who admitted that there had been other drums at night matches, but they had been smaller. I suggested that the drummer stand as far away again from the houses, at the far side of our section of the terrace. The policewoman then said that not only had the residents complained but also the Gashead fans in the paddock to our right. Unbelievable that opposing fans' complaints could be cited as a reason to confiscate the drum.

I advised the two Simons of TTA, who came into our section at half-time, that they would have to sing, but the singing was not as good in the second half without the drum.

Overall a very good performance from those in our section prepared to make themselves hoarse for the cause. Pity about the match result.

Guest oa_exile
The drummer put in a sterling first half permormance at Brizzle and the singers were on top form. Then at half-time the drum was confiscated in spite of the drummer having contacted Rovers in advance and been given permission to bring the drum into the ground and play it. The story from the Steward was that residents in nearby houses had complained about the drum beat. He said it was the first time a drum had been brought to a night match. This was stated to be incorrect by a policewoman who admitted that there had been other drums at night matches, but they had been smaller. I suggested that the drummer stand as far away again from the houses, at the far side of our section of the terrace. The policewoman then said that not only had the residents complained but also the Gashead fans in the paddock to our right. Unbelievable that opposing fans' complaints could be cited as a reason to confiscate the drum.

I advised the two Simons of TTA, who came into our section at half-time, that they would have to sing, but the singing was not as good in the second half without the drum.

Overall a very good performance from those in our section prepared to make themselves hoarse for the cause. Pity about the match result.

How very strange :unsure: so what happens if fans sing too loud ? do the residents then complain about the noise level ?

Stewards and Police then tell the fans to "Keep the noise down" :o

Crazy ! <_<

Guest oa_exile
Welcome to modern football....isnt it great....

You are spot on with that post , what is happening to the beautiful game when fans cant enjoy themselves in an orderly fashion.

Its a football match their will be noise ^_^

i could hear myself think 2nd half,instead of BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG forever.

was plenty of singing second half-he wasn't missed at all.

it was a blessing in disguise-well done the stewards-a great favour!

Correct. Wasn't missed - we could hear what was being sung.

Like the idea of a drum - but please learn to play it.

Think? who needs to think, thats shez's job, we sing, get the drum in our heads long enough so its still ringing on the coach home, and so it lasts till the morning after so we have an excuse not to do anything!

"sorry love I cant walk the dog I still got this banging in my head"

if they are complaining about the noise why do they live near a football stadium?

its like being scared of water and building a pool in your garden

Isn't it more like building a pool and then finding someone standing in it banging a loud drum in an arhythmical manner?

Think? who needs to think, thats shez's job, we sing, get the drum in our heads long enough so its still ringing on the coach home, and so it lasts till the morning after so we have an excuse not to do anything!

"sorry love I cant walk the dog I still got this banging in my head"

whatever floats your boat.

if i need my fix of BANG BANG BANG BANG for 90 mins,i'll go to a rifle range.

Guest sheridans_world
whatever floats your boat.

if i need my fix of BANG BANG BANG BANG for 90 mins,i'll go to a rifle range.

Why whats up with the rifle range? Always seemed a fairly reasonable pub to me :grin:

Actually though he played the drum well and in time. He kept the 'blue n' white' song going but at the same time keep it quiet when the song didn't need a drum.

So on this occasion thought he was great and don't understand how on that performance anyone could be critical of last night.

Myself, Danny and Bigfin protested its removal by using the toilet doors / wall (my hand still hurts) as a drum kit at the beginning of the 2nd half ....

If your head hurts with the drum .. MOVE AWAY!! He was stood well enough to one side as not to bother anyone .....

He worked well with everyone around him :grin:

Actually though he played the drum well and in time. He kept the 'blue n' white' song going but at the same time keep it quiet when the song didn't need a drum.

So on this occasion thought he was great and don't understand how on that performance anyone could be critical of last night.

Myself, Danny and Bigfin protested its removal by using the toilet doors / wall (my hand still hurts) as a drum kit at the beginning of the 2nd half ....

If your head hurts with the drum .. MOVE AWAY!! He was stood well enough to one side as not to bother anyone .....

He worked well with everyone around him :grin:

Totally agree Mark - the support was fantastic around where I was stood last night - and I think the drummer certainly played his part.

The combined ranks of OASIS, BALLS, BOAST, INSANE, and all the ASBOS gave fantastic support, despite the best efforts of the NIMBYs!

drummer here.. cheers for the "we want our drum back" and other chants etc.. quite an enjoyable trip just a shame about the result.

As I told the Steward and Police, it was ironic when, after you had gone through all the criticisms of your drumming in the past, last night all the singers were with you for the first time, and then the drum gets confiscated. :angry:

Markoasis's post #17 above is something from which you should take encouragement.

This could end up being a drum or no drum debate again but one thing I will say is, when the drum beats the ones like me who wont sing Sheridan's blue and white army are left silent for long periods of time because that's the only thing he plays at length.

Notice last night people joined in more to OWTB or the other songs of No nay never, or the more lengthy songs? ( and not just because they dont like sheridan.) :D

The drum kills the songs but accompanies the lesser chants.

We sung more without the drum but chanted more with it.

I stood in a group of around 7 or 8 last night near the separation fence to the Bristol Fans on the middle row of the paddock, and the drummer was on the other end nearest to victor meldrew's house.

We all mentioned (Sheridan fans included) on how the drum causes a clear divide amongst fans.

We got away from the debate of Drum or No Drum when the alcohol kicked in (or we thought we did) and went more philosophical and turned the debate into Songs or Chants with or without drum? :argue:

Our findings were:

1.) Drummer Great for Chants and helps get those who wouldn't sing a song make their vocal contribution. (Mainly Younger generation 25 below who may not know lyrics??)

Ideal for smaller numbers of fans.

2.) The Drummer Kills songs, but songs are only good when you get a large number joining in and a good percentage of fans are intoxicated with the i dont care i will sing till i cant speak for days attitude.

Summary :unsure:

Drink strong lager before the game and have each pint with a vodka chaser!

Everybody is wanting to create atmosphere but we are all going about it in different ways.

Larger away following then less drumming with more songs, Smaller numbers like last night, more drumming less neighbours! :OASISscarf:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Ha Ha, the your not going bed tonight chants were qaulity.

Good following for a Tuesday night.

Pies and etc Bargain and if you didnt like them the staff were tasty :grin:

Mark Oasis and that lilttle group sang for 93 mins, Fans at their best.

Bristol it self strange place no offence BOAST but I seen a newcastle fan , wigan fan and 3 rangers fans all wearing shirts to a B. Rovers game!!

Result.......GUTTED!!

KTF

We never BOO away ,AWAY!!....

Look at the atmos vs Gills - was crap without drum - he DOES get things going in the Chaddy - sits just behind me and I have no probs with it at all - hope he got his drum back - long may he continue drumming up an atmos!