Drum confiscated at Brizzle!

Look at the atmos vs Gills - was crap without drum - he DOES get things going in the Chaddy - sits just behind me and I have no probs with it at all - hope he got his drum back - long may he continue drumming up an atmos!

He did get it back at the end.

Look at the atmos vs Gills - was crap without drum - he DOES get things going in the Chaddy - sits just behind me and I have no probs with it at all - hope he got his drum back - long may he continue drumming up an atmos!

If your happy with him sat behind you then thats great :) Becasue he isnt sitting behind me again :)

This could end up being a drum or no drum debate again but one thing I will say is, when the drum beats the ones like me who wont sing Sheridan's blue and white army are left silent for long periods of time because that's the only thing he plays at length.

Notice last night people joined in more to OWTB or the other songs of No nay never, or the more lengthy songs? ( and not just because they dont like sheridan.) :D

The drum kills the songs but accompanies the lesser chants.

We sung more without the drum but chanted more with it.

I stood in a group of around 7 or 8 last night near the separation fence to the Bristol Fans on the middle row of the paddock, and the drummer was on the other end nearest to victor meldrew's house.

We all mentioned (Sheridan fans included) on how the drum causes a clear divide amongst fans.

We got away from the debate of Drum or No Drum when the alcohol kicked in (or we thought we did) and went more philosophical and turned the debate into Songs or Chants with or without drum? :argue:

Our findings were:

1.) Drummer Great for Chants and helps get those who wouldn't sing a song make their vocal contribution. (Mainly Younger generation 25 below who may not know lyrics??)

Ideal for smaller numbers of fans.

2.) The Drummer Kills songs, but songs are only good when you get a large number joining in and a good percentage of fans are intoxicated with the i dont care i will sing till i cant speak for days attitude.

Summary :unsure:

Drink strong lager before the game and have each pint with a vodka chaser!

Everybody is wanting to create atmosphere but we are all going about it in different ways.

Larger away following then less drumming with more songs, Smaller numbers like last night, more drumming less neighbours! :OASISscarf:

I agree with a lot of what you have said (in this post :) ). I said before the game on Tuesday that the drummer would be a big help. With a small away following spread along the touchline and with no roof the drum helped to keep the chants going. The drum helped everyone keep chanting and maximised the noise being made. To take Forest as an example the drum wasn't needed as we were tighter together and the low roof kept the sound in so if one person started a song everyone could join in immediately. So 'songs' ruled the day at Forest. The drum would have detracted from the atmosphere that night.

wow Johnny punkster why do you hate that drum so much? did u have a tragedy as a child? dont you like loud noises?

ya see i dont mind cos at the end of the day id rather have a drum in my ear than have us all sat down eating cucumber sandwiches shouting "jolly good show chap" but by the year 2010 I dont think we will be allowed to talk at all,

and its little whiney people who want peace and quiet who are making it like this, why they decide they want to go to a football match to sit quietly ill never know!

wow Johnny punkster why do you hate that drum so much? did u have a tragedy as a child? dont you like loud noises?

ya see i dont mind cos at the end of the day id rather have a drum in my ear than have us all sat down eating cucumber sandwiches shouting "jolly good show chap" but by the year 2010 I dont think we will be allowed to talk at all,

and its little whiney people who want peace and quiet who are making it like this, why they decide they want to go to a football match to sit quietly ill never know!

some like it some don't...

is it bothering you i have(along with many others)a different opinion?

dear dear.

actually i love drummers at games...

just ones who can PLAY it!

run along tiger.