Play offs

I would love to get in the playoffs but just can't see it happening, the slow start to the season didn't help and I just can't see us making up the ground on the rest.

Shez says 10 wins out of 16 should be enough.......Well that's almost title form and with only 10 wins in the previous 30 think that's a tad optimistic.

We all want a striker in at the club but I for one think it will make little difference at this stage, and we would be better off waiting until the end of the season and giving it a real go next time.

I don't think the problem has been the lack of a striker as, like last night, the service to the strikers this season has been generally dire.

Most of Davies's 13 goals have been engineered himself apart from a great cross from Smalley in the first game against Swansea and the injury time goal at Tranmere when Liddell provided the assist.

How many times this season have our strikers recieved the ball running into the penalty area? they always seem to be out wide or have their backs to goal.

I like alot of supporters on this site would play Lomax at LB with Livermore moving to LM and Taylor to the right side which hopefully would result in a better supply line to the forwards, however for reasons best known to Shez it just ain't gonna happen!

I'm certain we'll be in this division next year and perhaps once again it has been an opportunity missed as next year will be harder still, with possibly Leeds, Forest, Preston and Sheff Wed amongst our rivals.

Will we ever get out of this division!!!!!!!

I would love to get in the playoffs but just can't see it happening, the slow start to the season didn't help and I just can't see us making up the ground on the rest.

Shez says 10 wins out of 16 should be enough.......Well that's almost title form and with only 10 wins in the previous 30 think that's a tad optimistic.

We all want a striker in at the club but I for one think it will make little difference at this stage, and we would be better off waiting until the end of the season and giving it a real go next time.

I don't think the problem has been the lack of a striker as, like last night, the service to the strikers this season has been generally dire.

Most of Davies's 13 goals have been engineered himself apart from a great cross from Smalley in the first game against Swansea and the injury time goal at Tranmere when Liddell provided the assist.

How many times this season have our strikers recieved the ball running into the penalty area? they always seem to be out wide or have their backs to goal.

I like alot of supporters on this site would play Lomax at LB with Livermore moving to LM and Taylor to the right side which hopefully would result in a better supply line to the forwards, however for reasons best known to Shez it just ain't gonna happen!

I'm certain we'll be in this division next year and perhaps once again it has been an opportunity missed as next year will be harder still, with possibly Leeds, Forest, Preston and Sheff Wed amongst our rivals.

agree with every word.

personally think there is still a glimmer of hope of the playoffs and i wont rule it out until we are still way behind after playing both our games in hand over most. think more could have been done in the summer as i believe, as u did at the start of the season, we signed average players in the wrong positions, with the exception of hughes and davies

Only reason I want to see us in the play offs is to extend the season and enjoy another top day out but in all honesty, who cares, we get to the play offs we'll all be hoping we will goo up, and if we do, we'll come straight back down again because we are not good enough at the minute to cut it in the Championship. Build on this season and see what next season does for us

If we can keep this young team together and continue to add a bit of quality here and there then i think we will mount a serious challenge soon, i maybe wrong but is any other team with our inexperience managing to do as well as we are? If we are patient i our and our young players continue to develop it can only be a good thing. As mentioned above, i dont think it would necessarily be good if we went up this season as we would probably sign a load of journeymen and come straight back down breaking up this young squad in the process!

If we can keep this young team together and continue to add a bit of quality here and there then i think we will mount a serious challenge soon, i maybe wrong but is any other team with our inexperience managing to do as well as we are? If we are patient i our and our young players continue to develop it can only be a good thing. As mentioned above, i dont think it would necessarily be good if we went up this season as we would probably sign a load of journeymen and come straight back down breaking up this young squad in the process!

If we had a fully fit squad to choose from I'd be confident on us making a push for the playoffs. But we're critically short and relying on players with next to no first team experience to pull us in there so we'll be left a little short.

However, like others have said, it's so important to blood the players like Alessandra, Smalley and Black to get them more used to the envoironment and ready for next season. The nucleus is there and if we can get players like Livermore and Jarrett to sign permanently, plus a couple of quality additions we'll be very strong next season.

Tell you what though, whatever happens, this season will be remembered fondly with some great wins and performances at Everton, Leeds, Forest (I know, draw but great show), Tranmere and Doncaster.

I bet Bristol Rovers haven't given up on playoffs yet, nor Northampton or Huddersfield, and neither should we. It will take a great run but we should be giving it a go. The return of Liddell and Hughes could do an awful lot to improve our scoring potential and ease some of the burden off the youths, who can step back and make an impact off the bench, and Gregan will improve our defence with Stam shaky at the moment. In fact, I'd say promotion is a near certainty :bblue2:

I bet Bristol Rovers haven't given up on playoffs yet, nor Northampton or Huddersfield, and neither should we. It will take a great run but we should be giving it a go. The return of Liddell and Hughes could do an awful lot to improve our scoring potential and ease some of the burden off the youths, who can step back and make an impact off the bench, and Gregan will improve our defence with Stam shaky at the moment. In fact, I'd say promotion is a near certainty :bblue2:

I am in total agreement. I feel better looking at things this way :grin:

Zing.

All Out Attack here we come.

Forget Greegs we only need two defenders in a 2-3-5 B)

Nonsense. Greegs’ special red meat and Creatine diet which he has been on as part of his recovery program will see him easily able to take the place of two men. I envisage something along the lines of:

Crossley

Gregan

Taylor Livermoore McDonald Allott

Smalley Hughes Liddell Alessandra Davies

And I would encourage Crossley to overlap whenever the opportunity arises

Nonsense. Greegs' special red meat and Creatine diet which he has been on as part of his recovery program will see him easily able to take the place of two men.

Taken from the occasionally read website "Sean Gregan Facts"*...

• Guns don't kill people. Sean Gregan kills People.
  • There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Sean Gregan allows to live.
  • Sean Gregan does not sleep. He waits.
  • The chief export of Sean Gregan is Pain.
  • <a href="http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=19781&product_id=1172552" target="_blank">There is no chin under Sean Gregan' Beard. There is only another fist.

</a>
  • Sean Gregan has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
  • <a href="http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=19781&product_id=1172568" target="_blank">The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Sean Gregan 3. Cancer.

</a>
  • Sean Gregan drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.
  • Sean Gregan is my Homeboy.
  • Sean Gregan doesn't go hunting.... SEAN GREGAN GOES KILLING.
  • Sean Gregan uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks. (New!)
  • Sean Gregan once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.
  • Crop circles are Sean Gregan' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.
  • Sean Gregan is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.
  • The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Sean Gregan out. It failed miserably.
  • Contrary to popular belief, Sean Gregan, not the box jellyfish of northern Australia, is the most venomous creature on earth. Within 3 minutes of being bitten, a human being experiences the following symptoms: fever, blurred vision, beard rash, tightness of the jeans, and the feeling of being repeatedly kicked through a car windshield.
  • Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Sean Gregan has 72... and they're all poisonous.
  • If you ask Sean Gregan what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.
  • Sean Gregan drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.
  • When Sean Gregan sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Sean Gregan has not had to pay taxes, ever.
  • The quickest way to a man's heart is with Sean Gregan' fist.
  • Sean Gregan invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.
  • CNN was originally created as the "Sean Gregan Network" to update Americans with on-the-spot ass kicking in real-time.
  • Sean Gregan can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.
  • There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Sean Gregan allows to live.
  • Sean Gregan once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
  • What was going through the minds of all of Sean Gregan' victims before they died? His shoe.
  • Sean Gregan is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
  • Police label anyone attacking Sean Gregan as a Code 45-11.... a suicide.
  • Sean Gregan doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.
  • Sean Gregan doesn’t wash his clothes, he disembowels them.
  • A Handicapped parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Sean Gregan and that you will be handicapped if you park there.
  • Sean Gregan will attain statehood in 2009. His state flower will be the Magnolia.
  • Someone once videotaped Sean Gregan getting pissed off. It was called Walker: Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
  • If you spell Sean Gregan in Scrabble, you win. Forever.
  • Sean Gregan originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."
  • Fool me once, shame on you. Fool Sean Gregan once and he will roundhouse you in the face.
  • The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Sean Gregan played in second grade.
  • Sean Gregan once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger, by yelling, "Bang!"
  • Sean Gregan once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Sean Gregan re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.
  • Sean Gregan has two speeds: Walk and Kill.
  • Someone once tried to tell Sean Gregan that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.
  • Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Sean Gregan once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.
  • Sean Gregan is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Sean Gregan.
  • Faster than a speeding bullet ... more powerful than a locomotive ... able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... yes, these are some of Sean Gregan's warm-up exercises.
  • Sean Gregan is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -- you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will roundhouse-kick you in the face.
  • In the Bible, Jesus turned water into wine. But then Sean Gregan turned that wine into beer.
  • Sean Gregan can hit you so hard that he can actually alter your DNA. Decades from now your descendants will occasionally clutch their heads and yell "What The Hell was That?"
  • Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Sean Gregan.
  • Sean Gregan discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Sean Gregan is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Sean Gregan roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking.
  • Sean Gregan doesn't shower, he only takes blood baths.
  • The Sean Gregan military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Sean Gregan could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
  • In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Sean Gregan could use to kill you, including the room itself.
  • According to the Encyclopedia Brittanica, the Native American "Trail of Tears" has been redefined as anywhere that Sean Gregan walks.
  • Sean Gregan does not teabag the ladies. He potato-sacks them.
  • Pluto is actually an orbiting group of British soldiers from the American Revolution who entered space after the Chuck gave them a roundhouse kick to the face.
  • When Sean Gregan goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket.
  • There are no steroids in baseball. Just players Sean Gregan has breathed on.
  • Sean Gregan once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Sean Gregan won by 5.
  • Sean Gregan was the fourth wise man, who gave baby Jesus the gift of beard, which he carried with him until he died. The other three wise men were enraged by the preference that Jesus showed to Chuck's gift, and arranged to have him written out of the bible. All three died soon after of mysterious roundhouse-kick related injuries.
  • Sean Gregan sheds his skin twice a year

[/size]

* It's actually Chuck Norris facts but more relative to Greegs.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Very doubtful. The past dozen or so years transformed us from a small-to-medium-size club to a little club that no longer has the ability, or will, to attract sufficient quality that would see us rise higher. Without any visible hope that the club can be any better, it is impossible to attract new fans and win back lapsed fans, and so the situation perpetuates itself.

agree with all that is said here, and the only reason i can think of why sheridan is still playing taylor on the left is because things change on the other wing,

I myself play as a left winger and I know that I turn with the ball bring it back and make a cross in, thats what taylor has to do to get his stronger foot, if he was on the right he wil probably have to learn a whole new play, for 1 he doesnt have to turn back to switch to a stronger foot, if he wants a shot on goal he would have to position himself correctly and hope to outsmart the keeper, among other things.

Sean Gregan discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Sean Gregan is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Sean Gregan roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking

Excellent :lol::lol::lol:

Sean Gregan once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress

Hmmm... interesting... however the doesnt the true rumour invole less steak and more chips... and less sex with a waitress and more onanism?

Edited by BigfinLatic