Found this link about away ends

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ind...howtopic=139626

I think to be mentioned so many times is an achievement in itself considering the stand must be 15 years old now and we have competition from the likes of Leeds, Forest, Donny new ground, Swansea's new ground, Hudds etc

SSHHHH though as we wouldnt want to move our home fans into the best stand in BP.... Change is bad :angry:

SSHHHH though as we wouldnt want to move our home fans into the best stand in BP.... Change is bad :angry:

The point is NIKI that it wouldn't be as popular with our fans as it is with away fans, because it wouldn't be full of like-minded fans with a philosophy of us-against-the-world, get-behind-the team, sing-your-hearts-out-for-the lads, we-don't-boo-away! All of that would be coming from the much maligned Chaddy End if we swapped ends.

The point is NIKI that it wouldn't be as popular with our fans as it is with away fans, because it wouldn't be full of like-minded fans with a philosophy of us-against-the-world, get-behind-the team, sing-your-hearts-out-for-the lads, we-don't-boo-away! All of that would be coming from the much maligned Chaddy End if we swapped ends.

Maybe so Diego but I bet the Chaddy would not get the amount of mentions that the RRE always seems to get when fans talk about great away stands....

Found this link about away ends

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ind...howtopic=139626

I think to be mentioned so many times is an achievement in itself considering the stand must be 15 years old now and we have competition from the likes of Leeds, Forest, Donny new ground, Swansea's new ground, Hudds etc

If they open that stand up to home fans you are welcome to sit in it mate. Nothing to do with change, just the rain and icy wind 20 games a season.

If they open that stand up to home fans you are welcome to sit in it mate. Nothing to do with change, just the rain and icy wind 20 games a season.

Personally I would only like to move if the whole of the Chaddy moved not have a few hundred in one and a thousand or so in the other... Realistically I know that will never happen I just find it amazing that it seems that so few people would want the move.......

As for your comments it cant be that worse sitting in there can it.... Its only 100 yards from my current seat is the weather that bad over there B)

Personally I would only like to move if the whole of the Chaddy moved not have a few hundred in one and a thousand or so in the other... Realistically I know that will never happen I just find it amazing that it seems that so few people would want the move.......

As for your comments it cant be that worse sitting in there can it.... Its only 100 yards from my current seat is the weather that bad over there B)

It may only be 100yds. but haven't you seen the away fans hudded together as far back as they can go when its raining. I never get wet in the Chaddy, and the wind rarely blows straight into the Chaddy. It will be even worse in the RRE when the New Start Mortgage comes down.

It may only be 100yds. but haven't you seen the away fans hudded together as far back as they can go when its raining. I never get wet in the Chaddy, and the wind rarely blows straight into the Chaddy. It will be even worse in the RRE when the New Start Mortgage comes down.

Out of interest, has anyone ever actually been rained on in the RRE or is that just an assumption because they see that the away fans are huddled up. The main reason the away fans are huddled up near the back is nothing to do with rain, it is to do with the fact that the stand fills from the top down rather than bottom up (Johnny Ball would support me on this). If you go to away matches many tend to prefer to be a bit further back anyway so that they can stand and not get in anyone’s way. There are often people sat near the front though who would surely move to an empty seat if they were getting rained on.

Dan to answer your question I sit in the Chaddy

Cheers NIKI. Whereabouts in the Chaddy do you sit? Top middle or bottom, left centre or right of the stand as you look out onto the pitch.

I'm just interested to know where people sit currently (particularly those that sit in the Chaddy and advocate a move).

Out of interest, has anyone ever actually been rained on in the RRE or is that just an assumption because they see that the away fans are huddled up. The main reason the away fans are huddled up near the back is nothing to do with rain, it is to do with the fact that the stand fills from the top down rather than bottom up (Johnny Ball would support me on this). If you go to away matches many tend to prefer to be a bit further back anyway so that they can stand and not get in anyone’s way. There are often people sat near the front though who would surely move to an empty seat if they were getting rained on.

Come on Jim, even if you've never sat in there and been rained on (which I have - or rather rained AT cos it blows in horizontally rather that falling on you vertically), you must have seen games where it's started to pee down mid game and the first 10 or 15 rows have ALL scarpered further back in the stand. I've seen that happen plenty of times.

The other thing is that on bright days the sun shines directly into the RRE from behind the Chaddy, especially at this time of year when the sun is so low in the sky.

Edited by danoafc

to answer your question yes ive been rained on in the rre usualy sat there during the great escape season (i was one of the four who got the wave started at 4-1 )apart from one memorable game where i had to sit in the chaddy (a certain mr adams making scmicael look silly and i dont meeen the dog of corrie )yes you get a godd view but you get the sun in your eyes wind in your face & back of the seat infront in ya shins .the accoustics are good having banter over the fence with the away fans can be fun but it still does not have that same attmosphere as the chaddy the chaddy when full and on song eg leeds & hudds this season is a spine tingling place to be the rre is just a noisy stand know where i will be when the chaddy gets its new roof !

i currently sit right hand side of the chdddy end of row E edge of the chior accross the isle from leevezy & co which can be as entertaining as the game some times !

Edited by peanuts

Cheers NIKI. Whereabouts in the Chaddy do you sit? Top middle or bottom, left centre or right of the stand as you look out onto the pitch.

I'm just interested to know where people sit currently (particularly those that sit in the Chaddy and advocate a move).

I sit in the Mid to Left hand side (when Sat in the chaddy not looking at it) bottom section.... Somewhere round the big white F

Come on Jim, even if you've never sat in there and been rained on (which I have - or rather rained AT cos it blows in horizontally rather that falling on you vertically), you must have seen games where it's started to pee down mid game and the first 10 or 15 rows have ALL scarpered further back in the stand. I've seen that happen plenty of times.

The other thing is that on bright days the sun shines directly into the RRE from behind the Chaddy, especially at this time of year when the sun is so low in the sky.

Tis true, the RRE sucks drizzle into your face even in seemingly mild conditions.

I sit in the Mid to Left hand side (when Sat in the chaddy not looking at it) bottom section.... Somewhere round the big white F

Ok, cool.

Have you sat in the RRE for games? Either as a one off or for a 'run' of games? If so, what do you actually think of it in terms of the view/legroom/rake of seats/protection from the elements etc?

I ask becasue I sat in there on a regular basis at around the same time as peanuts did by the sounds of it and whilst I agree that the facilities (particularly things like the toilets) are better, I found that there wasn't sufficient leg room (though bizarrrely the very back quarters of the chaddy seem to have a lot less leg room than where I sit on Row J) and that the rake of the seats is too shallow, leading to a feeling of being too far away from the action (in comparison to the Chaddy we're you're virtually on the pitch).

I wondered whether some of the people advocating the move had actually experienced sitting in there over the course of 20-25 games on regular basis and were happy to live with the compromises in comfort etc or whether they were advocating the move because it's seen as being the best stand with the best facilities and arguably better accoustics, and hadn't actually experienced sitting in there over an extended period?

.....(i was one of the four who got the wave started at 4-1 )...

I'm glad at long last someone has owned up to starting that bloody wave against Southampton! It seemed to mesmerise the players! Suddenly they could not pass or keep the ball and it was 4-3, with enough time left for Joe Royle to age visibly by 10 years (as shown on MOTD), and for long-serving fans to leave their seats to stand in the Gents because they could not bear the tension in the seats. I've often wondered who was responsible for all that unwanted pressure. It all ended well, but it must be a load off your conscience to have 'come out'. :blush::wink:

....yes ive been rained on in the rre.....yes you get a godd view but you get the sun in your eyes wind in your face & back of the seat infront in ya shins .the accoustics are good having banter over the fence with the away fans can be fun but it still does not have that same attmosphere as the chaddy the chaddy when full and on song eg leeds & hudds this season is a spine tingling place to be the rre is just a noisy stand know where i will be when the chaddy gets its new roof !

This post sums up the RRE and the Chaddy to perfection, so let's not hear any more about swapping ends :excl:

NOTE: OAFC please take note when designating stands in the redeveloped BP. :chubb:

I'm glad at long last someone has owned up to starting that bloody wave against Southampton! It seemed to mesmerise the players! Suddenly they could not pass or keep the ball and it was 4-3, with enough time left for Joe Royle to age visibly by 10 years (as shown on MOTD), and for long-serving fans to leave their seats to stand in the Gents because they could not bear the tension in the seats. I've often wondered who was responsible for all that unwanted pressure. It all ended well, but it must be a load off your conscience to have 'come out'. :blush::wink:

I think if I could point to one instance that sums up my 20 odd years of following Latics. Even when we are cruising to a victory we are still likely to push the self distruct button at any minute; but I guess that what keeps it interesting!

:ktf:

Guest oa_exile
I think if I could point to one instance that sums up my 20 odd years of following Latics. Even when we are cruising to a victory we are still likely to push the self distruct button at any minute; but I guess that what keeps it interesting!

:ktf:

.............or as i like to put it "Defeat from the Jaws of Victory" ^_^