I'm glad at long last someone has owned up to starting that bloody wave against Southampton! It seemed to mesmerise the players! Suddenly they could not pass or keep the ball and it was 4-3, with enough time left for Joe Royle to age visibly by 10 years (as shown on MOTD), and for long-serving fans to leave their seats to stand in the Gents because they could not bear the tension in the seats. I've often wondered who was responsible for all that unwanted pressure. It all ended well, but it must be a load off your conscience to have 'come out'. :blush::wink:

This post sums up the RRE and the Chaddy to perfection, so let's not hear any more about swapping ends :excl:

NOTE: OAFC please take note when designating stands in the redeveloped BP. :chubb:

I was at the game against Southampton and I also listened in on 5 Live at the same time for other results. Alan Green said that even he and the rest of the press box joined in with the wave at BP. He has had a massive soft spot for Latics ever since. Fantastic times.

Edit: Typo!

Edited by dazlatic