Striker still on the agenda

dont try and tell me what i mean or change the concept or try and make a joke at my expense. ive said before i hate boundary park being used as a shop window and i also wouldnt like it to be used as somebody elses finishing school especially if it fires us up unprepared. if you want to compare it to cars its like some guy saying will you drive this ferrari from lands end to john o groats for me then leave it there and make your own way back.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont try and tell me what i mean or change the concept or try and make a joke at my expense. ive said before i hate boundary park being used as a shop window and i also wouldnt like it to be used as somebody elses finishing school especially if it fires us up unprepared. if you want to compare it to cars its like some guy saying will you drive this ferrari from lands end to john o groats for me then leave it there and make your own way back.

i would take sturridge till end of season,would hopefully fire us into playoffs and then who knows.

as for not being prepared,that would be what the summer was for,bringing in new players,increase in cash etc etc etc,plus there nothing to say that city sign 2 other strikers next season and the possibility of getting sturridge back on a season long loan.

i also wouldnt like it to be used as somebody elses finishing school

Sturridge does not need finishing. So it seems anyway. With 2 in his first 3 for City and Arsenal and Chelsea trailing him, a spell with us will hardly be the finishing he needs. He already has it. If he comes to us or not it seems this lad is destined for very big things.

Sturridge does not need finishing. So it seems anyway. With 2 in his first 3 for City and Arsenal and Chelsea trailing him, a spell with us will hardly be the finishing he needs. He already has it. If he comes to us or not it seems this lad is destined for very big things.

so why would they lend him out?

Maybe because he needs games? They're now not short of strikers, they've done well in the league without him. They're bringing him through. He is a young player who they may feel would benefit from six months out at a local club. Like West Ham did with Defoe at Bournemouth when he equalled the League One goals to game record.

they would loan him out as playing regular first team football in our division is better than playing in there youth team.

it is a way of building up his fitness and learning to cope and run rings round players content with hacking fast players down.

its called learning the ropes.

if you cant understand how a player like him would help us then you havent a clue.

found out how to use smileys have we? wipe your chin mate youve dribbled down yourself.

Do remploy know your on here during works time? Would you not want Henry or Rooney on loan just in case they didn't sign for us full time? A quality player could help us get promotion and then attract other quality players, simple really :tongue1:

They'd potentially send him out on loan for precisely the same reasons that we'd send the likes of Allessandra and Smalley out on loan if we had enough senior striking options at our disposal.

I do however think it much more likely that he'd be loaned to a Championship club rather than a League 1 club in view of the fact he's already notched in the Prem.

they would loan him out as playing regular first team football in our division is better than playing in there youth team.

it is a way of building up his fitness and learning to cope and run rings round players content with hacking fast players down.

its called learning the ropes.

if you cant understand how a player like him would help us then you havent a clue.

show me when i said he wouldnt help? i actually said it could even fire us up. my point is he's in the way of one of our players, which wont help us long term. you have just said what i said about us finishing him off, if you cant see that you havent got a clue.

Do remploy know your on here during works time? Would you not want Henry or Rooney on loan just in case they didn't sign for us full time? A quality player could help us get promotion and then attract other quality players, simple really :tongue1:

stupid hypothetical question. id much rather we sign our own quality player, simple really.

HES GOT A POINT DAZNATH!!!!!!! PROMOTION IS THE KEY then if we finally do get in the champo we can sign better players

if you want to compare it to cars its like some guy saying will you drive this ferrari from lands end to john o groats for me then leave it there and make your own way back.

That's a decent comeback, but I think it falls down at the end. When the loan player goes back, you are where you started (in terms of squad) but in a better place (in terms of points/league position). Better to have loved and lost, as I said to myself when Elle McPherson offered me a strictly one-off knee trembler behind the bus shelter by Broadway/Rochdale Road junction.

That's a decent comeback, but I think it falls down at the end. When the loan player goes back, you are where you started (in terms of squad) but in a better place (in terms of points/league position). Better to have loved and lost, as I said to myself when Elle McPherson offered me a strictly one-off knee trembler behind the bus shelter by Broadway/Rochdale Road junction.

lol.

but what if the eastwood rumours are true and he goes to doncaster and instead we get sturridge for 3 months, we both go up and weve loved and lost whilst donny love and love? it doesnt have to be eastwood it could be someone else who we miss out on for the sake of a quick thrill round the back of tokyos!

so, like a finishing school? did you not notice my question was retorical?

Ok, so you don't wanna be anybody's finishing school. Ok. Super. Neither do I. Not long term at least, but as it stands we are a 3rd division club who - on gates of 5000 or so - can't really compete financially to sign players of proven quality which is why we are constanly outbid by clubs like Donny, Leeds, Forest etc.

If we can utilise a player of his ability (or someone similar) for 3 months or half a season or whatever, then how can that be a bad thing? Particularly if we can negotiate a wageshare where the loaning club still foot a good percentage of the players salary.

This is what gets me about some of our supporters. We aren't a big club and as Corporal Jones points out we're gonna get smaller if we don't at least have plans in place to make a concerted effort to get out of this league.

Loan players, if used sensibly can help us achieve that.

HES GOT A POINT DAZNATH!!!!!!! PROMOTION IS THE KEY then if we finally do get in the champo we can sign better players

he has got a point which is why i ignored the sillyness and took my time to explain mine. hes trying to look at the bigger picture which is admirable, but i would do it my way and get our own player now who can always be sold rather than given back.

Ok, so you don't wanna be anybody's finishing school. Ok. Super. Neither do I. Not long term at least, but as it stands we are a 3rd division club who - on gates of 5000 or so - can't really compete financially to sign players of proven quality which is why we are constanly outbid by clubs like Donny, Leeds, Forest etc.

If we can utilise a player of his ability (or someone similar) for 3 months or half a season or whatever, then how can that be a bad thing? Particularly if we can negotiate a wageshare where the loaning club still foot a good percentage of the players salary.

This is what gets me about some of our supporters. We aren't a big club and as Corporal Jones points out we're gonna get smaller if we don't at least have plans in place to make a concerted effort to get out of this league.

Loan players, if used sensibly can help us achieve that.

yes i see that point but id rather we used our own money and got our own players to get where we want to be, we must have around £500k to spend and must have a scouting network in operation.

he has got a point which is why i ignored the sillyness and took my time to explain mine. hes trying to look at the bigger picture which is admirable, but i would do it my way and get our own player now who can always be sold rather than given back.

There's nothing wrong with that philosphy daz, I think we'd all rather do it that way. The fact still remailns though that you have to be able to 1) attract players of a high enough calibre in the first place 2) be able to offer contracts that secure them, and 3) be able to retain (the majority) of them in the future to allow the 'settled' squad we've all been banging on about.

Relating it specifically to Eastwood, there's not a snowballs chance that we could afford the sort of deal that been hinted at on here. If we had the spending power of Leeds or Forest or Donny or whatver then maybe it worth the investment. We simply don't have that kind of cash at the minute.

The simple fact is this... if Stuuridge is available you snap Citeh's hand off for him.... for three months or whatever, I know what you are trying to say, but to get that level of quality for any time period is invaluable....

I am struggling to belive that eastwood would sign for us when the other usual suspects are in the melting pot... then we miss out on him and Sturridge... I'd rather have the gift ferrari right now... before the Ford focus we want ends up sitting on the dealership forecourts in Yorkshire... along with 27 other similar models - all unused and gathering dust (and big fat paycheques)... whilst we zoom around in our ferrari for 4 months... B)

:blink::wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic