Striker still on the agenda

its quite an assumption that sturridge would even come or city would risk injury in division 3

Well, I took quite an assumption when I asked Croydon's lovely ladies Kate Moss and Jordan for a threesome and I knew there was a risk of getting a nasty rash, but, "nothing ventured, nothing gained," as I thought to myself at the time.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say Sturridge came to Latics, scores 15 goals, fires us into the playoff. he gets valuable experience, goes back to City a better player. Everyone is a winner.

Please tell me a downside if there is one.

Apparently the downside is we probably wont have him available in the championship next year, I mean god havent you gathered that yet?!? :wacko:

Apparently the downside is we probably wont have him available in the championship next year, I mean god havent you gathered that yet?!? :wacko:

Is that the championship next year, where we will be regarded as a bigger club, and be able to sign better players, and laugh in the faces of Donny and Leeds who are languising in the division below us???

Yep that bloodmin sturridge kid... terrible idea.... 15 goals before the end of the season will get us nowhere..

:wink:

i wasnt aware that sturridge was the only player on the planet that was capable of scoring gols and i did not know there was a little known law of physics which says that oldham will only get promotion by loaning daniel sturridge. silly me, if i would have known these facts i would not have suggested something as stupid as actually buying a player.

i wasnt aware that sturridge was the only player on the planet that was capable of scoring gols and i did not know there was a little known law of physics which says that oldham will only get promotion by loaning daniel sturridge. silly me, if i would have known these facts i would not have suggested something as stupid as actually buying a player.

And breathe....

Oh come on.... you cant tell me that potentially Sturridge doesnt set your pulse racing just a little bit more than Eastwood?? :blush: You have a short welsh, jorneyman Gipsy, who to be honest, is the same player as Lee Hughes, but worse... or a 6', lightening quick, 18 year old, who is averaging 2 goals a game in Citeh's reseves, and made one of the most impressive debut's ive ever seen the other day...

Tell you what, i'd fancy our chances a damn sight more of promotion with DS in there, than Eastwood, then it wouldnt cost us £1m+ and we would then be looking at better players than eastwood to consolidate...

Nothing guarantees anything - but I would just love to see DS in an Oldham shirt...

Edited by BigfinLatic

i thought i had already made clear that being a finishing school for citeh does not set my pulse racing one bit, also the prospect of loads of their fans turning up at bp doesnt excite me either although the revenue would obviously be welcome. this is not a city thing by the way, i wouldnt want that carroll from newcastle either or dong from united or billy big balls from chelsea.

also any promotion with sturridge involved would be tinged and ruined by none stop 'you only got promoted because of us' which would be even worse if we went straight back down 'see, told you you only got there thanks to us'

there must be players out there, must be.

wheres cervero these days?!!!

Bit off topic but on the subject of city, it annoys me how we sold Micah Richards i mean we could have kept him til he was like 18 so he could have played for the 1st team,i don't see the point in having these gems in the youth team if you are going to sell them by the age of 14 or whatever. Surely we could have kept Philiskirk abit longer also, if they play for the first team surely this can only add to their value.

Bit off topic but on the subject of city, it annoys me how we sold Micah Richards i mean we could have kept him til he was like 18 so he could have played for the 1st team,i don't see the point in having these gems in the youth team if you are going to sell them by the age of 14 or whatever. Surely we could have kept Philiskirk abit longer also, if they play for the first team surely this can only add to their value.

If citeh sell Richards we might get £3m, nobody would ever pay that much for a third division defender...

Richards was only here for a few weeks. I don't think we really had a say in the matter really he was going one way or another and the best thing is to get a good deal out of it rather than being shortchanged.

We had no contract with Philiskirk, he could basically do what he wanted, but we were due copensation as part of it. In that case again you either work with the system or don't. If you don't then you don't get the likes of Bertrand. We are talking about Chelsea as well. His mentor at Latics was Simon Charlton, his mentor at Chelsea is Joe Cole. Do you really think he was going to stay?

If citeh sell Richards we might get £3m, nobody would ever pay that much for a third division defender...

Kerching. And there is the case in point. He could have been as good as he is now but we'd have been lucky to get a little more than we did for Trotman.

Meanwhile we'll make more from the sell on (probably six, seven times as much) than we ever would selling him ourselves.

City are just keeping the cash warm :)

Is that true? They must like him if it is.

It is.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

are you sure? 20% sell on for a few weeks work?

Yep... new plan... lets get DS in, and then hold him prisoner until they sell Richards.... that way we either get the most promising England striker in the country indefinitely, or £3-4m .... win/win in my book...

this is not a city thing by the way, i wouldnt want that carroll from newcastle either or dong from united or billy big balls from chelsea.

Niether do I... but come on, this is Daniel Sturridge.... this kid is going to be quality, within 2 years he will be in the full England side... we aint talking about someone who 'could' make it... this kid already has it.... if it wasnt for Rooney we would be talking about the best English prospect for god knows how many years...

Trust me - he doesnt need a finishing school... he would only be playing for us as Citeh have 4 current international strikers, and we are a better standard than reserve football...

Richards was only here for a few weeks. I don't think we really had a say in the matter really he was going one way or another and the best thing is to get a good deal out of it rather than being shortchanged.

We had no contract with Philiskirk, he could basically do what he wanted, but we were due copensation as part of it. In that case again you either work with the system or don't. If you don't then you don't get the likes of Bertrand. We are talking about Chelsea as well. His mentor at Latics was Simon Charlton, his mentor at Chelsea is Joe Cole. Do you really think he was going to stay?

I'm pretty sure that Richards was here for a few years!!!

We signed him in 2000 at the earliest and he went in 2001. Not sure on the actual time spent but I think I have read it was about a few weeks or months at the most. The fact is that we held the reg for him so can get the compensation.

I think DP is held in quite high regard at chelski.