hats off to latics

I'm not going a home game again until we finally lose when I dont go. My new superstition that I am a jinx for home games.

Cracking result. Nice to hear Davies bagging again.

Super football results all round for me. Latics, Dale and Celtic. Oh and the Liverpool commentary on sky's soccer saturday was some of the best television you'll have seen all season. :grin:

Come on them Arsenal's. Cap off a cracking day's football.

I was at the game today lads and it was not a bad performance. Should have been more but for some poor decision making up front in key moment. Happy to say though we got the rub of the green today.

Last season 7th placed carlisle finished on 70 points, fair to say that 71 points could, and should, get us in the play-offs. We are on 43points, leaving us with 28 points to accumulate with 15 games remaining. play-offs still just on but we desperatly need a win next saturday to keep the momentum going.

Well that today was nothing like the Bristol game. :grin:

We passed the ball well at times and the build up to Mcdonalds goal was fantastic!

The front two played well and even kept the ball up front for some time giving a rest to the back four.

The second half Davies & Alexandra even got the ball to feet and we countered with men spare. :o

The only small point though is i wouldnt mind if lomax played left back because Livermore simply cant defend and lets too many crosses come in the box.

But fair play a good game and a hard working display to get a good result.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Well that today was nothing like the Bristol game. :grin:

We passed the ball well at times and the build up to Mcdonalds goal was fantastic!

The front two played well and even kept the ball up front for some time giving a rest to the back four.The second half Davies & Alexandra even got the ball to feet and we countered with men spare. :o

The only small point though is i wouldnt mind if lomax played left back because Livermore simply cant defend and lets too many crosses come in the box.

But fair play a good game and a hard working display to get a good result.

Not Quite what I expected Kyle?? Amazing what changes a good result makes eh? :wink: ......

If he (shez) & the board want it bad enough why the hell have we no striker?

After the game today we will all be back on saying we need a striker davies doesnt hold the ball up enough and it comes back to defense too quickly.

We havent the players to get to the playoffs FACT!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Not Quite what I expected Kyle?? Amazing what changes a good result makes eh? :wink: ......

I knew somebody would quote me lol I am amazed it was'nt Diego. :grin:

I was tempted not to post at all but credit where credit is due.

Alexandra held the ball at times and we looked better for it. (After the first few games I didnt have him down as a target man and he isnt but against a poor defence he did well)

I still think we need a striker and you would have to be mad to say otherwise but i can see your point i do come across as a Hypocrite :D

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I still think we need a striker and you would have to be mad to say otherwise but i can see your point i do come across as a Hypocrite :D

Not at all fella! :wink: Just a cause to be careful in jumping the gun!

Dont think anyone can argue with you about the need for a striker.... but as I say, its amazing what a result makes... to be fair, Alles has looked strong and powerful at home... but weak away, he tries but its tough for the kid when the midfield isnt being as adventurous..... we really need hughesy back for the away games.....

As we all know though... credit is due today.... but no good until we get two results in a row though!

I'm not going a home game again until we finally lose when I dont go. My new superstition that I am a jinx for home games.

Super football results all round for me. Latics, Dale and Celtic. Oh and the Liverpool commentary on sky's soccer saturday was some of the best television you'll have seen all season. :grin:

Glad you've had a "cracking day's football" from your armchair.

I'd like to know where this armchair is, as I cant find it anywhere in the house. :grin:

good result and played some very good passing football today at times,my only gripe is the amount of time jarrett seemed to want on the ball,looked a bit leggy at times but hes still probally getting his fitness back.

thought the strikers did well,in fairness we could of had 2 maybe 3 more,there defence was woefull at times,and panick stricken.think if hughes or another seasoned striker was on the pitch today it might have been a cricket score.

big well done.

I thought Allott was excellent today, he broke up play and didnt give Yeovil any chance at all in midfield, a really commanding performance from who is know becoming our regular number 1 performer

He was our "key player" on the BBC and 365 text commentary.

I thought Allott was excellent today, he broke up play and didnt give Yeovil any chance at all in midfield, a really commanding performance from who is know becoming our regular number 1 performer

Allott was my MOM today too. JJ on the other hand was probably our worst player today. He must have passed to a green shirt 70% of the time. Saying that, he got around and put in some good challenges, just wasn't the best on the ball. Can't complain too much though with that result!

Allott was my MOM today too. JJ on the other hand was probably our worst player today. He must have passed to a green shirt 70% of the time. Saying that, he got around and put in some good challenges, just wasn't the best on the ball. Can't complain too much though with that result!

Got to agree with that - Allott was MOM today with Eardley (yes) not far behind. Alessandra needs a goal and he will come on a storm I reckon. As for Jarrett - he had a 'mare today and I really think he looks like he is carrying an injury as wellas not being match fit.

Good to win comfortably though - make the long drive back a much nicer experience :grin:

Its all right Rocky. You can come to the games. It's my Neil Redfearn Tee thats brought the change of fortune at home. When I wear it we win, simple. I havn't let the wife wash it so if you do come don't sit downwind of me in the MS