And at half time he was chatting to Smalley and Lomax as much as he was warming up. Obviously glad to be back.

:cardinal:

it must have really pissed shez off to see the standing ovation he got coming on and going off,that kind of adulation for an ex player was remarkable,about 4 chavs 4 rows back from me started booing at the beginning,but soon shut up when some woman turned round and said shut up you :censored:.hahahah

saw paul warne when he was going up the steps into the stand crying..

was he having a giggle with the old faithful in the paddock, or have we upset him????

Great man and a great workhorse for us. The way this club treated him is something we should all be ashamed of. And something we remember when we chastise players who chose not to sign for us.

saw paul warne when he was going up the steps into the stand crying..

was he having a giggle with the old faithful in the paddock, or have we upset him????

I was lucky enough to be invited into the Lounge afterwards where Warney happily chatted to us, so much so that we were the only ones left in there!

(not just me and him I might add!!) :blush:

I've never had the pleasure of meeting such a lovely bloke (well apart from Stammy 15mins prior to that, but we won't go into that!!)

He was saying he was made up with the reception he got and was buzzing when he came on.

He did comment on the 'booing' at his first touch, and thought it was hilarious, great Northern humour that was typical of Latics fans.

He admitted that when he was walking off at the end, the emotion hit him and he cried like a baby.

I asked if he misses us and he said ''oh yes!''

I could talk about that guy all night but wouldn't want to bore everyone :wub:

LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause1:

made me laugh when he got a standing ovation when he was coming on as a sub, then got a chorus of boo's first time he got the ball. comic genious

I believe message board poster O johnny Eyre was behind the boos. After the Warney chant died down a chant of Oldham Reject came from his mouth. All in joke though I believe he was once O Johnny Eyres favourite player. Made the Paddock chuckle though

I was lucky enough to be invited into the Lounge afterwards where Warney happily chatted to us, so much so that we were the only ones left in there!

(not just me and him I might add!!) :blush:

I've never had the pleasure of meeting such a lovely bloke (well apart from Stammy 15mins prior to that, but we won't go into that!!)

He was saying he was made up with the reception he got and was buzzing when he came on.

He did comment on the 'booing' at his first touch, and thought it was hilarious, great Northern humour that was typical of Latics fans.

He admitted that when he was walking off at the end, the emotion hit him and he cried like a baby.

I could talk about that guy all night but wouldn't want to bore everyone :wub:

LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause1:

Brilliant! I really wish him well for the rest of the season - judging by their forward play before he came on, he should've got more of a game - nice to hear positives knocking about on here!

I think it's things like this that give you faith in a game which is dominated by greed and lack of sentiment. So glad he got a run out for them in the end.

Well done Warney. Cracking response from the crowd.

Correct youngen it was me that started the "tirade" at Warney. However, it was after i'd been stood for a good couple of minutes applauding one of the most recent Latics Legends. It was most certainly in jest and Im glad Warney saw it that way. He was without doubt my favourite player last season for his effort throughout every game. You always knew that he would put in a good shift when he was playing for us.

Youngen, who are you?