Less than 4,700 home fans today!

When we only had 4,700 fans at the game against Gillingham, I posted the following.

After a convincing home performance against Carlisle and being unlucky not to come away from Swansea with a point, the stage was set for a decent crowd today. The sun was shining and it was just like a July afternoon. So it was very disappointing that only 4,700 home fans turned up.

Today, after a convincing second-half home performance against Gillingham and being unlucky not to come away from Brizzle with a point, the stage was set for a decent crowd. The sun was shining, and although it was cold, there was no wind and it was a lovely day if you were well wrapped up. So it was even more disappointing that we had fewer home fans than against Gillingham. :disappointed:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think it's too expensive for the "at a loose end on a Saturday" Oldhamer

seems there are quite a few, about 1400 fans who doubt sheridans plans to get into the play-offs. we have got to stop losing the next game, its got to be draw and win from now on and folk might drift back

It's not just about results, the performances have been pretty poor this season, especially at BP. We still lack creativity and struggle to break down defences at home. Don't get me wrong, we ARE improving but my guess is a significant number of those turning up last season/early this are sick of coughing up £20 to watch poor quality football.

seems there are quite a few, about 1400 fans who doubt sheridans plans to get into the play-offs. we have got to stop losing the next game, its got to be draw and win from now on and folk might drift back

1399 actually, I was absent today due to illness but I shall be back on Tuesday

Do you think those 1400 would have been at Chelsea today if we'd beaten 'Uddersfield?

Hasn't this subject been done to death various times over. It has already had been established that people have various reasons for not going to the game, it really doesn't matter what they are the fact is people have the right to choose what to do with their Saturday Afternoon.

As long as the "regular super fans" are there week in week out then thats all that matters.

Maybe this topic should be pinned as it is one of the most regular topics discussed on here closely followed by Shez Out and Thr Drummer Boy.

Edited by AMO

Hasn't this subject been done to death various times. It has already had been established that people have various reason for not going to the game, it really doesn't matter what they are the fact is people have the right to choose what to do with their Saturday Afternoon.

As long as the "regular super fans" are there week in week out then thats all that matters.

Not sure if I agree.

Until the new stadium is built and fully operational, gate receipts & ST money is the only income of the club and revenue = better players in the days of the salary cap etc. Having 4K "superfans" is surely contributing to the fact that we are still in this :censored:ty division 10 years later??

Not sure if I agree.

Until the new stadium is built and fully operational, gate receipts & ST money is the only income of the club and revenue = better players in the days of the salary cap etc. Having 4K "superfans" is surely contributing to the fact that we are still in this :censored:ty division 10 years later??

So are you saying that it was the regular 4k that cost us promotion last year and why the performances have been so up and down this season. I have been one on those 4k for around 10 Years and think last year was the best chance we have had since the Dowie season to get out of this league, the fault for last year lies with the playing staff hitting a bad run of form at the wrong time. Nothing to do with the fans.

We have the quality players to get us out of this league and have had so for the last 1.5 seasons, I would like to hazard a guess that we also have one of the largest wage bills in the division behind Leeds, Forest & Donnie. The fans (or lack of them)are not the reason why we are still in this division. Scunny, Colchester & Brighton have all managed to get out of this division and they have the same resources as we do (in regards of income streams)

Just for the record before somebody comes on here calling me Mr Negative and all that, I am far from Negative I said at the start of the season that we could make the playoffs at least and I still stand by that and I trust Shez to take us up a level, you wont ever hear me shouting for the managers head.

Edited by AMO

So are you saying that it was the regular 4k that cost us promotion last year and why the performances have been so up and down this season. I have been one on those 4k for around 10 Years and think last year was the best chance we have had since the Dowie season to get out of this league, the fault for last year lies with the playing staff hit a run of form at the wrong time. Nothing to do with the fans.

Just for the record before somebody comes on here call me Mr Negative and all that, I am far from Negative I said at the start of the season that we could make the playoffs at least and I still stand by that and I trust Shez to take us up a level, you wont every hear me shouting for the managers head.

Easy tiger!

I'm not saying it's the fan's fault, just that more gate receipts = better players and we have been lacking for yonks. We did hit bad form last season at precisely the wrong time, and a better squad which we might have been able to afford could well have been the difference.

Agree, and people who are whinging about why we didnt sign a forward in the window have got to think, where will all the extra funds come from for the wages for new players. Yes we have the money from the sale of Trotters but that money just covers losses over a season anyway. We need bigger crowds or else we are going to struggle with the Doncaster and Swansea type teams snapping up all the decent lower league talent. We can only generate money by walking through the turnstiles and giving our support.

Agree, and people who are whinging about why we didnt sign a forward in the window have got to think, where will all the extra funds come from for the wages for new players. Yes we have the money from the sale of Trotters but that money just covers losses over a season anyway. We need bigger crowds or else we are going to struggle with the Doncaster and Swansea type teams snapping up all the decent lower league talent. We can only generate money by walking through the turnstiles and giving our support.

Scunny, Colchester & Brighton have all managed to get out of this division and they have the same resources as we do (in regards of income streams).

Weve had the money both under Moore and under TTA to more than compete with the likes of Swansea and Donny over the years, we should be long out of this division. Swansea get the crowds they do because there is only one other Professional Club within 30 Miles of them.

The players that have been through this club in the last 5/6 Years were more than good enough to take us up and most of them were amongst the top earners in this division.

As for funding a Striker, we would have funded him with the money we were going to fund Kilkenny with or with what we were going to fund Clarke with and the same way we funded Gregan with last year. TTA have always stated that money is available for the right player.

Edited by AMO

So that means we haven't spent our money wisely then, or did Scunny, Brightin and Colchester just get lucky?

Yeah you could say that or you could say that we have been shafted by the players that we have brought in ie, Killen, Porter, KK & Wellens just a few that I can think of off the top of my head who had the quality and potential to take us up but couldn't be bothered.

But I also think that every team needs a element of luck to go with quality signings

Yeah you could say that or you could say that we have been shafted by the players that we have brought in ie, Killen, Porter, KK & Wellens just a few that I can think of off the top of my head who had the quality and potential to take us up but couldn't be bothered.

But I also think that every team needs a element of luck to go with quality signings

I still think it comes down to the depth of squad........players who can't be arsed should be replaceable from within the squad but never are at BP. When was the last time you looked at the bench and thought "come on Shez, get 'so and so' on.......he'll make a difference". The last impact player we have at BP was Ronnie Jepson and that was only because of the size of his arse!

I still think it comes down to the depth of squad........players who can't be arsed should be replaceable from within the squad but never are at BP. When was the last time you looked at the bench and thought "come on Shez, get 'so and so' on.......he'll make a difference". The last impact player we have at BP was Ronnie Jepson and that was only because of the size of his arse!

Jepson was before my time, i was a late comer to the game, only really when I met the wife and her family got me going to the games. So I really haven't seen the success that a lot of you on here have.

I agree that we don't have a impact player as such, but that has been the same for years now.

Jepson was before my time, i was a late comer to the game, only really when I met the wife and her family got me going to the games. So I really haven't seen the success that a lot of you on here have.

I agree that we don't have a impact player as such, but that has been the same for years now.

I was only joking fella.........Jepson was shiite beyond belief. It has been the same for years and we have struggled to put together a decent squad of 15-16 players for a long time.

could we not just say i big well done to the 4700 who turned up today to support there team.

and that maybe if we can carry on this kind of form we may get the missing fans back intime for the playoffs.

We could, but the discussion was about the reasons why the home attendance might have diminished over recent months, not what might happen in the future. Or is that not allowed any more?

months???

try years.

as long as i can remember(back to 1972) we have always had mediocre crowds at bp,you can go on a 10 game unbeaten run,playing some amazing football,then lose or sometimes even draw one game and bang,you lose 3000 fans for next game.

we have always had shot in the foot syndrome.play well,get the crowds coming again then when in front of our largest attendance mess it up and have to start all over again.

£20 a game is a joke,but not as much of a joke as leeds away,televised games on matchdays,poor performances,lack of new signings...you could go on and on and on.....but what actually is the point.

praise the die hard 4700 who turn up week in and week out and be thankfull we still have fans to turn up.