Superstitions

Seeing as how everything at BP is currently rosy. Are you all willing to admit to your little superstitions which you have on match day. Mine is my Neil Redfearn Tee which I have worn everytime we have won. I won't let the wife wash it until we get beat whilst I'm wearing it. Stay upwind People!!!

Whats yours?

Seeing as how everything at BP is currently rosy. Are you all willing to admit to your little superstitions which you have on match day. Mine is my Neil Redfearn Tee which I have worn everytime we have won. I won't let the wife wash it until we get beat whilst I'm wearing it. Stay upwind People!!!

Whats yours?

I never watch Latics unless I have consumed at least 4 pints. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to affect the result one way or another.

The past three matches which we have won at home I have had a steak and kidney pie before the game, even though getting sick of em now, having the same untill we lose.

I fell out with the chaddy end, even though my season ticket is for there,

so i go in the bottom section of the old lookers now for the away day feel and we have won every game since.

Sad i know :disappointed:

Whats yours?

:grin: I wear Frankie Bunn and Redders.Played 2 won 2....(forgot to wear them on tuesday night) :grin:

:grin: I wear Frankie Bunn and Redders.Played 2 won 2....(forgot to wear them on tuesday night) :grin:

we always park near the vets car park and then run across the dual carriage way. Always walk back by the underpass. Strange I know.

Never have a pint before the game . Did so on the 2 occasions we got to Wembley so it was my fault.

nick Hornby talks about buying some chocolate mice before a cambridge game which they won so he bought them the next few weeks. he then dropped the bag and they fell under a bus and they won 5-0 . The next week he bought the mice and stood by the road side throwing them under a bus.

Edited by astottie

As I walked into the ground (with seconds to spare as usual) a couple behind me were talking to a friend as they entered the paddock ...... caught the but "...last time she did that we won three nil!!!". Been wondering what "it" was since FT.

Any superstitions amoungst the OASIS troops involves sames clothes, scarves and badges ......... I'm the same or was. Just started wearing what I feel like on the day.

Guest sheridans_world

On a cold day(one of many) two years ago, I decided to wear two latics shirts along with my fleece (one on top to show my colours :grin:) and we won so I wore two shirts to every home game. I stopped doing it when I got back from Oz (after the Everton game) and we have had a decent home record since!!

I've developed quite a few superstitions recently. Everytime I've not worn a Latics shirt we've lost (Blackburn away 91, the 7-1 Cardiff game and the Huddersfield game this season) so I'm wearing a shirt for evermore (until we win and i forget it that is).

Last season i got a new shirt for xmas but we went on a bad run then I wore both my previous shirt and my newer one and we starting winning again so I currently wear 2 shirts.

Against Leeds I had an ear infection so wore my mum's beanie (i couldn't find my woolie hat) and my hoodie with the hood up. I was wearing both for the entire game apart from the first minute of the second half, did the same for the Everton game and as a result been doing the same ever since (until i'm at a game where we loose- and i've not forgot my shirt) so if you see an idiot in a beanie in the middle of roaring temperature you'll know its me.

when i was young my mum aways used to say to me "i hope you lose" just as we were leaving the house. being young it really wound me up, but then when she didnt say it, we always used to lose. as ive grown older i ask her to say it before i leave the house, or if i dont see her before the game i would ring her up. but she didnt say it against carlisle, so i nervously told her not to say it against gillingham AND WE WON!!! traditional superstition broken, she dint say it on sat either so i think ill put tape around her mouth from now on so she cant say owt

For the past few home games I have gone to my mum's for a fry-up before the game then done our big shop at Asda on the way home. This includes buying a Chicken Jalfezi and some Unkie Ben's mushroom rice for me tea. Don't know if this has brought us luck for the next home game but I am looking at having a late tea on the next evening game.

I used to be terrible, I had to wear the same clothes to every game, park in the same place, have the same lunch, but now I've noticed that Latics fortunes haven't changed considerbly much in the last 10 years so I no longer bother

This season its simple, I wear colours, we lose, except for last season's lucky long sleeved away shirt. Occasionally, over the years I dig out an obscure shirt from my collection to test its 'luckiness' Last season after getting tonked vs Brizzle at home I wheeled out my Ernie Cooksey Player worn effort vs Northampton away and it worked a treat. (Should've worn the bugger for the rest of the season). I've got a navy and claret long sleeved one from 2000/01 that has a 100% record vs Giillingam (A) too in 05/06. Thinking of wearing either of those three examples at Vale Park a week on satdy!!!!

I try to wear the same pair of boxer shorts for the next game after we have won. They do get washed though. I thought I'd struck gold after we won at Everton but the luck didn't last. I'm still thinking of having them framed though in tribute to that great day at Goodison. Maybe they can make a reappearance next time we play at a Premier League ground?

"In case of a great FA Cup Draw - Break Glass".

Also had a great run of wins and draws with a very old jumper last Season. It was horrible but I was convinced we would lose if I wore something else.

Funnily enough, my youngest kept saying all through the first half that it would be 3-0 on Saturday. He was as pleased as punch at the end. :)

Moan all week about how crap Latics are to the Mrs, come Saturday she says "Latics at home today love" I reply" yes but I can`t be arsed". 20 minutes later at 2 pm " it`s not raining, I off to Latics" . Working so far ^_^ I t`s about the whole build up to 3 pm on a match day we all feel, we all must have ritual without realising ?

Edited by AndyBlue2

I've developed quite a few superstitions recently. Everytime I've not worn a Latics shirt we've lost (Blackburn away 91, the 7-1 Cardiff game and the Huddersfield game this season) so I'm wearing a shirt for evermore (until we win and i forget it that is).

Last season i got a new shirt for xmas but we went on a bad run then I wore both my previous shirt and my newer one and we starting winning again so I currently wear 2 shirts.

Against Leeds I had an ear infection so wore my mum's beanie (i couldn't find my woolie hat) and my hoodie with the hood up. I was wearing both for the entire game apart from the first minute of the second half, did the same for the Everton game and as a result been doing the same ever since (until i'm at a game where we loose- and i've not forgot my shirt) so if you see an idiot in a beanie in the middle of roaring temperature you'll know its me.

I'm surprised they let you in. A BEANIE and a HOODIE. You must have several ASBOs :grin:

I try to wear the same pair of boxer shorts for the next game after we have won. They do get washed though. I thought I'd struck gold after we won at Everton but the luck didn't last. I'm still thinking of having them framed though in tribute to that great day at Goodison. Maybe they can make a reappearance next time we play at a Premier League ground?

"

In my case. I throw them at the wall. If they slide down they go back on. If they stay stuck then they probably need a wash. I stress the word probably.......