port vale

potential for a great away following if we can pick up 6 points from the next 2 games, which we should really. if we lose em both expect 400, win lose 600 win draw 700 win win easy over 1300 especially if others drop points and the league closes up a bit. the only drawback is we never win there so those that do come back will quite possibly leave with the 'typical latics' mindset, again.

Guest sheridans_world

I'm going to go for the first time. Never been to Vale Park, always avoided it due to aforementioned nightmares.

Wonder if i'll break the jinx?

I'm going to go for the first time. Never been to Vale Park, always avoided it due to aforementioned nightmares.

Wonder if i'll break the jinx?

I was just about to say... For no particular reason, I have never made it to Vale. Could this be where we have been going wrong?

Guest sheridans_world
I was just about to say... For no particular reason, I have never made it to Vale. Could this be where we have been going wrong?

You know, it just might be.

If we win at Brighton i'll take it as a sign and definatley make it to Vale park!

You know, it just might be.

If we win at Brighton i'll take it as a sign and definatley make it to Vale park!

Hughesy will defo be back for Vale away.... he will break the Jinx.... only he can overcome the strange magnetic forces that suck the ball into our net at vale park... irrespective of how well we play...

Hughesy will defo be back for Vale away.... he will break the Jinx.... only he can overcome the strange magnetic forces that suck the ball into our net at vale park... irrespective of how well we play...

I think i've been 5 seasons running now (this season included) maybe more, with the Dowie play off season being the closest we've come to winning (a 1-1 draw if I remember correctly). Still can't believe we lost last season after we had about 15 clear cut chances! I'll be there again though throwing away my £23 or whatever they are charging these days.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I'll be there in the vein hope that we might friggin win there for a change. Sick of leaving that ground after another defeat. First trip to Vale I had was the visit after we last beat them. Can still remember the girl who along with everyone else jumped on the little wall at the front and was pushed off by a steward. Everyone went from celebrating to trying to lamp the steward. They ended up needing to call for the St John's. Think she ended up getting stretchered all the way round to that stupid clock thing.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I think i've been 5 seasons running now (this season included) maybe more, with the Dowie play off season being the closest we've come to winning (a 1-1 draw if I remember correctly). Still can't believe we lost last season after we had about 15 clear cut chances! I'll be there again though throwing away my £23 or whatever they are charging these days.

Quite fancy it - dont normally go away but me mates are going so may bow to peer pressure for once!

I can already report that the "new stand" remains in the same state it's been for the last few seasons, something to do with them not being able to afford the computerised turnstile system (according to my Port Vale season ticket holding boss).

Let's hope this is the last time we have to visit this place for many years.

Despite them being bottom of the league I go their with no expectations of victory whatsoever. Groundhog day. :(