Keep It Real Muckers

I never understand this Latics mentality...... NO REASON WHY WE CANT WIN OUR NEXT TWO GAMES???? Wtf

on paper yes, but we are hardly the most consistant team at picking up wins, wake up, the play offs are a big ask this season and the quicker people realise that the younger players will bevelop more quickly if the fans get real, because the negative, PROMOTION IS A MUST! type fans and pathetic. I would love to see us put a 6/7 game winning run together, but can you honestly see that happening with this squad, with big question marks over key experienced players like Gregan, Hughes, Liddell etc. We can't keep relying on Alessandra, Smalley, Taylor, Eardley, Lomax, they are kids who are learning their trade, and doing a very very good job...... Lets keep it real!

I never understand this Latics mentality...... NO REASON WHY WE CANT WIN OUR NEXT TWO GAMES???? Wtf

on paper yes, but we are hardly the most consistant team at picking up wins, wake up, the play offs are a big ask this season and the quicker people realise that the younger players will bevelop more quickly if the fans get real, because the negative, PROMOTION IS A MUST! type fans and pathetic. I would love to see us put a 6/7 game winning run together, but can you honestly see that happening with this squad, with big question marks over key experienced players like Gregan, Hughes, Liddell etc. We can't keep relying on Alessandra, Smalley, Taylor, Eardley, Lomax, they are kids who are learning their trade, and doing a very very good job...... Lets keep it real!

Eddie,

I think most would agree with you. However, there is something called hope. I for 1 would be prefer to have something to play for for the rest of the season, rather than sit back and wait for next season. You never know though stranger things have happened and with a few of experienced pros coming back into the team in the next few weeks there is still a chance.

I hope so muckers, I really do. For us to win a play off place we need to get something from every game. If we can keep and get people fit you never know. As a club we have this expectation which sometimes the players cant, and are not good enough to live upto and my fear is we will ruin the good kids we have. I hope I am proven wrong, but I have the feeling around 10th spot is about right this season, that is not being pessamistic its being realistic. And as for the comment about "everyone is dropping points" SO ARE WE, too regular!

HOPE I AM WRONG

KTF

This team beat Everton. This team beat Leeds. This team beat Yeovil on Saturday. there is nothing stopping this bunch of talented youngsters, intermingled with a sprinkle of experience, going on a run and getting into the playoffs. If it happens I will be delighted. If it doesn't, as long as they tried. I'll also be delighted. Glass half full Guys....

Edited by happyterryb

This team beat Everton. This team beat Leeds. This team beat Yeovil on Saturday. there is nothing stopping this bunch of talented youngsters, intermingled with a sprinkle of experience, going on a run and getting into the playoffs. If it happens I will be delighted. If it doesn't, as long as they tried. I'll also be delighted. Glass half full Guys....

You are missing the point pal, course I want them to do it, course we have a great bunch of young kids. The point I am making making is that the atmosphere around the ground and the fans is like a pendulum, we loose/draw at home and you get the BOOOOO's and JEERS!!! Smalley not good enough, Eardley you bag of spunk, we are better that this shower of :censored: etc etc and all that nonsense, then we win at homw and all of a sudden we are play off material?? We have a fickle eliment at the club. All I am saying is keep it real until we are in the top six with three games to go, we look foolish otherwise. My glass is very much half full my friend, but i do know the world is round. :shock:

Bristol Rovers beat Southampton on Saturday, are they play off material too????

ok i think i know what your saying here but how on gods earth is a 'promotion is a must' attitude negative? its the pure definition of positivity and optimism surely! I also don't think thats the attitude most fans have to be honest, i think it is more of a 'promotion is something we all dearly want' attitude. Other than that, you make a fair point regarding consistency, i think thats the main obstacle to us making the playoffs

ok i think i know what your saying here but how on gods earth is a 'promotion is a must' attitude negative? its the pure definition of positivity and optimism surely! I also don't think thats the attitude most fans have to be honest, i think it is more of a 'promotion is something we all dearly want' attitude. Other than that, you make a fair point regarding consistency, i think thats the main obstacle to us making the playoffs

I think with regards to the problem of the "promotion is a must attitude" is the potential fallout if we don't get there and some will see that as a failure. I do think we can do it if we really apply ourselves but it will take a massive effort. All that Eddie is trying to say is for everyone to keep level headed about it as some fans only a minority have this attitude of we're :censored: we're amazing which changes from game to game depending if we win or not.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You are missing the point pal, course I want them to do it, course we have a great bunch of young kids. The point I am making making is that the atmosphere around the ground and the fans is like a pendulum, we loose/draw at home and you get the BOOOOO's and JEERS!!! Smalley not good enough, Eardley you bag of spunk, we are better that this shower of :censored: etc etc and all that nonsense, then we win at homw and all of a sudden we are play off material?? We have a fickle eliment at the club. All I am saying is keep it real until we are in the top six with three games to go, we look foolish otherwise. My glass is very much half full my friend, but i do know the world is round. :shock:

not fickle one bit, the BOOOOOers and JEEEEEERRRRRers are still that, and you will find that the people who say its possible are the ones who said it all season and didnt ever abandon the team. my only concern is the impending return of greegs but im willing to give him a clean slate, and teams who bother to do the homework and know to aim crosses 8 yards out which yeovil didnt.

not fickle one bit, the BOOOOOers and JEEEEEERRRRRers are still that, and you will find that the people who say its possible are the ones who said it all season and didnt ever abandon the team. my only concern is the impending return of greegs but im willing to give him a clean slate, and teams who bother to do the homework and know to aim crosses 8 yards out which yeovil didnt.

correct thats the only bad thing about are defence (crosses) but we look like a rock at the back so im happy cmon 2nd place haha

I don’t understand why the fact that we’ve been inconsistent earlier in the season means that we can’t put a good run together now? We showed that we can do it away from home and we seem to be getting it together at BP now. We need to improve but it would hardly take a miracle for us to end up in 6th place.

I don’t understand why the fact that we’ve been inconsistent earlier in the season means that we can’t put a good run together now? We showed that we can do it away from home and we seem to be getting it together at BP now. We need to improve but it would hardly take a miracle for us to end up in 6th place.

Its wont take a miricle, just some consistency. All I am saying is lets be realistic. Many of our supporters have the one liners ready for when we go a goal down, they must spend all Friday night thinking of them. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic, but shouts of top six on our form is way off the mark. We now have enough points to avoid relegation, its a new season from now IMO, are we up for the challenge, I hope so!!!

so what is the reason we cant beat brighton and swindon? if its that we cant keep relying on youngsters thats no reason as confidence is high and they are bobbins.

The games are like samd through the fingers, this is what I meant about posting play off nonsense. Everyone just looks fooloish.

Do people honestly think we can make the play offs?

until it is mathematically impossible we can still,make the playoffs....whether we are capable of it is an entirely different thing,our home and away form has switched,which is good but also annoying as we need to pick up points away as well to go forward.

shez hasnt learnt from last january,and our squad is as thin as tracing paper.that said this week who knows,a quality striker maybe signed or two if davies is bad enough to be out longer than a month,so things may turn out better than we imagined.

but on current form and no additions i think it is highly unlikely,but you have to remain optimistic,otherwise there aint any point in supporting the boys in blue in the first place.

until it is mathematically impossible we can still,make the playoffs....whether we are capable of it is an entirely different thing,our home and away form has switched,which is good but also annoying as we need to pick up points away as well to go forward.

shez hasnt learnt from last january,and our squad is as thin as tracing paper.that said this week who knows,a quality striker maybe signed or two if davies is bad enough to be out longer than a month,so things may turn out better than we imagined.

but on current form and no additions i think it is highly unlikely,but you have to remain optimistic,otherwise there aint any point in supporting the boys in blue in the first place.

Its just the ifs buts and maybe's that get me down, especially when you see the behavour af some of our supporters when we dont get results. Just cant see us pulling it off TBH. As for signings, Im not sure that will even happen.

aim high but dont expect high, our main problem is we expect too much, anythin other than inch perfect balls for 90 minutes means were crap to a lot of people on this boardI look at other fans, who accept there team are a mid table team, and if they do any better they are over the moon! if we lose we lose look forward to the next match,

I kno its frustrating but if you think about it we have a lot of bad luck at this club, a lot of injuries, not enough money, and most frustrating of all having some quality players who are not loyal and will leave in an instant for more money, without the club getting a penny, injuries will one year be better and we will have more luck, and witha new stadium i think theres some more money on the horizon, but its all patience, till then we just gotta keep loyal and hope but not expect