top golscorers in the times

Had a look at a number of sources and its 10 goals Davies.

They're all wrong. They haven't updated their stats to take into account Davies being awarded the third goal at Leeds last week. He's got 11 in the League, 1 in the LDV, 1 in the Lge Cup and 1 in the FA Cup making 14 for the season so far.

They're all wrong. They haven't updated their stats to take into account Davies being awarded the third goal at Leeds last week. He's got 11 in the League, 1 in the LDV, 1 in the Lge Cup and 1 in the FA Cup making 14 for the season so far.

Hey, scored in every comp. Is that a regular occurrence for Latics or is it the first time this happened in a while?

Nothing beats the time Daz Shez got a red card in all 4 competitions! :D

Hey, scored in every comp. Is that a regular occurrence for Latics or is it the first time this happened in a while?

Nothing beats the time Daz Shez got a red card in all 4 competitions! :D

Paul Bernard did it in all comps in 92/93 (Prem, LC & FAC)

Darren Beckford in all comps in 93/94 (Prem, LC, FAC)

Davies could well be the first player to score in Four compettions ever, although I'm sure some old timer will pull out some stat from the 70s that includes the Anglo-Scottish Cup!

Spot on, they have it wrong on Sky too. It seems ironic to me though that the dubious goals panel have given Davies a dubious goal :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Davies could well be the first player to score in Four compettions ever, although I'm sure some old timer will pull out some stat from the 70s that includes the Anglo-Scottish Cup!

Oi ! , less of the old timer sonny :grin:

Alan Young Season - 1978-79 , Div 2 - 10 goals , LC - 1 goal , FAC - 3 goals , ASC - 3 goals = TOTAL 17 season

Confirmed by prozac :wink:

If I remember rightly their lad was pretty much clean through and DShez dragged him back. Early bath and they continued to give us a good hiding.

3 days after walking at Whaddon Road too.

Mini-Shez was a bit of a hot-head but behaved pretty well until the summer of hell when his lightning fast combo to the chin of the Scunny centre-half in August 2003 really had to be seen to be believed, quickest punches I have ever seen, but if I remember rightly being from Salford I bet the Shez's boxed as kids.

If I remember rightly their lad was pretty much clean through and DShez dragged him back. Early bath and they continued to give us a good hiding.

Richard Walker scored a hat-trick that night then two seaons later Scott Taylor scored a hat-trick for them in the FAC, same score 5-2. The LDV game we did briefly bring back to 2-2 having led 1-0, then gone 2-1 down.

Seems spot on to me that. A night I was really looking forward to went belly up in about 15 minutes. That Bullock had a field day (again)

The thought of Shez being sent off for a professional foul is amusing though. Makes a change from lamping someone or kicking them into the stand.

3 days after walking at Whaddon Road too.

Mini-Shez was a bit of a hot-head but behaved pretty well until the summer of hell when his lightning fast combo to the chin of the Scunny centre-half in August 2003 really had to be seen to be believed, quickest punches I have ever seen, but if I remember rightly being from Salford I bet the Shez's boxed as kids.

He worked with a mate a while back laying paving flags in Stalybridge. One of the nicest blokes he'd worked with although he was always after borrowing money :lol:

Just a reminder that not all footballers earned fortunes and some still have to get out there and graft after the playing days at league level end.

Found this on the BBC

The home side were made to pay for their profligacy when they were reduced to 10 men after Darren Sheridan was sent off for the third time this season for a professional foul on Richie Wellens.

Sure he could have caught him!

Cannot believe they did us 5-2 twice in a year at BP :blush:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Blackburn LC

Cheltenham FAC

Blackpool LDV

Cambridge League

That's cleared that one up then. Cheers

I could have sworn he got dismissed down at Stoke in that season, we got beat 2-0 by a poor team that day.

Allan Smart's punch at the Britannia is another sending off I remember clearly remember (That was AGAINST Sheridan a week before he signed for us).

That's cleared that one up then. Cheers

I could have sworn he got dismissed down at Stoke in that season, we got beat 2-0 by a poor team that day.

Allan Smart's punch at the Britannia is another sending off I remember clearly remember (That was AGAINST Sheridan a week before he signed for us).

We drew 0-0 at Stoke that season. (The night Smart walked) The game we lost 2-0 in was August '98 (the only time we've ever conceded at the Brittannia) Peter Handyside was sent off in the Cup game we won on pens in 01/02 and they had a lad sent off in the 2-1 win at BP that same season. Mini-shez never walked though

Edited by oafcprozac

We drew 0-0 at Stoke that season. (The night Smart walked) The game we lost 2-0 in was August '98 (the only time we've ever conceded at the Brittannia)

Font of knowledge you are Prozac. The memory will all become very hazy when you reach 40 though - trust me :grin:

Don't think I'll ever forget that Littlewoods cup final victory over Forest though :wink:

Font of knowledge you are Prozac. The memory will all become very hazy when you reach 40 though - trust me :grin:

Don't think I'll ever forget that Littlewoods cup final victory over Forest though :wink:

Trust me at 31 it is fading!!! I used to be able able to name every game and scorer from August '86 onwards i'd still be pretty good but i'm sure i'd come up short now. The late 80s seem a LONG, LONG, LONG time ago!!!!