Rotherham could go back into administration

FootballHard-up Rotherham warn they are close to administration

Rotherham have warned they could slip back into administration if new investment is not found quickly.

The club, who are fifth in League Two, revealed today their intention to appoint an administrator after talks with several interested parties fell through.

Rotherham conceded that despite "serious negotiations" there has been little progress and are now desperate for potential investors to come forward and help secure a "certain future for the club".

A statement read: "We are conscious of the need to protect the club from any possible action from its creditors.

"In order to combat this, we have therefore filed a notice of intention to appoint an administrator. This does not mean the club is in administration or even that it will necessarily go into administration.

"Instead it protects the club from possible hostile actions at a time when the club needs to be fully focused on finding new investment.

"Clearly the threat of administration will recede if a serious investor can now be found. This is something we all want and something the club needs quickly."

It really is only a matter of time before a league club goes under, and Rotherham could be the ones. Do you have a link Bob, my mate will want to see this?

Here's a link to a different source. >>BBC<<

Oh...and this 10 point deduction to stop clubs going into admin really is working isn't it!

Edited by jorvik_latic

It really sounds bleak on Rotherham's official site. The club has a new stadium within reach and it's asking its supporters to show that there remains a burning desire to keep League Football in the town.

That applies equally to those who claim to be supporters of any club but don't attend its home games, through apathy rather than any valid reason. There but for the grace of TTA.....

http://www.themillers.premiumtv.co.uk/page...1244157,00.html

I'm really starting to fear professional football in it's current format (Premier League aside!). With Bournemouth, Luton and Rotherham and I suppose in a way, though under different circumstances dirty Leeds this season, I'm starting to think we will end up with either regional leagues, or somekind of Semi-Pro set up outside the top 2 divisions in the not too distant future.

I hope this doesn't happen but I'm starting to get very, very worried.

I'm really starting to fear professional football in it's current format......I'm starting to think we will end up with either regional leagues, or somekind of Semi-Pro set up outside the top 2 divisions in the not too distant future.

I hope this doesn't happen but I'm starting to get very, very worried.

That's two of us!

Do people really agree with docking 10 points? i think it is immoral. Who are they punishing? Fans. Players. What about the people really responsible. Look at Risdale. Whatever you think about Leeds is not the point. He took the club down a disasterous path. Ruined them. Then he goes off to Barnsley and Cardiff, Leeds fans suffer. He should be banned. Same thing could so easily have happened to us. Make the fans and players suffer, not the idiots responsible. I feel for Rotherham fans.

The 10 point rule must go.....its not helping football.....

it was put there to as has been said stop people like ken bates pulling the wool over peoples eyes to save money.

i agree it needs looking into for clubs that have no options,like us and a few others,it isnt like there are 6 or 7 a week doing it,so the league could step in and look at an individual club,and see the best way to go.

the league including the greedy league need to take a fresh approach to this problem,as it is only going to get worse,not better.

at present i think(may be wrong) the leagues only involvement is to safeguard players wages.

there needs to be something in place when it eventually happens,as just say 10 games in a club goes bust,and cant fullfill its fixtures and there for goes to the wall,what happens to the fans who have shelled out good money upfront,do they just become another creditor.

think gretna are on the brink as well.

I have little problem with the ten point rule. It is doing what it was set there to do. Punish clubs who go slipshod over any basic sensible accounting. The problem is clubs aren't learning. They are paying players too much and it will take more than one or two going out of business before they learn to 'cut their cloth'.

Until clubs do that then each and every one of them (including ours) deserve what they get. And a fair few will get it - you've just got to hope ours isn't the one in three/five/ten that goes to the wall.

Not sure how the league can enforce it to stop this type of stupid ownership of a club? A club can only spend x% of last season's gate money (or this seasons season ticket money) on wages - any more is automatic relegation? Might do the trick.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'm in favour of the 10 points rule. The long and short of it is that it punishes clubs who have lived beyond their means - basically getting an unfair advantage over other clubs by spending more money than they can afford. Obviously you can't give them a financial penalty for it and I think there does need to be some sort of punishment for those who aren't running the club well, I can't see what else you can do? I

take the point that the fans suffer, but at the end of the day we are all happy or sad according to whether our clubs are taken care of by the owners.