Ex Latics Players...

Who have come back to score against us. With Warney playing against us on Saturday we got to talking about former Latics players who have come back to score against us. We came up with:

Luke Beckett on more than one occasion

Michael Ricketts this season for Walsall

Ian Marshall for Ipswich in 199?

I'm pretty sure that Wayne Andrews has put one past us at some time.

That was all we could come up with. Anyone else?

KtF

Who have come back to score against us. With Warney playing against us on Saturday we got to talking about former Latics players who have come back to score against us. We came up with:

KtF

Vernon Blackpool scored that fluke when Haining cleared it into him.

Paul Reid Bury then ran the full length of pitch to be infront of the away fans celebrating.

you all forgot richie :censored: for donny

Didn't Rodger Wylde get a hat-trick for Sheff Wed. against us at BP in the 1980s? He celebrated one goal by climbing on the Roch Road End perimeter fence in front of the away fans.

Like someone else said most ex-players score against us, it'd be easier to name the ones that haven't scored against us... :grin:

Moose Marshall's was cruel in the 3-0 opening day defeat to Ipswich in 1993!

Guest oa_exile
Didn't Rodger Wylde get a hat-trick for Sheff Wed. against us at BP in the 1980s? He celebrated one goal by climbing on the Roch Road End perimeter fence in front of the away fans.

Like someone else said most ex-players score against us, it'd be easier to name the ones that haven't scored against us... :grin:

Moose Marshall's was cruel in the 3-0 opening day defeat to Ipswich in 1993!

*Cough* he came FROM the Wendies.

I do remember him scoring for us against the Wendies at Hillsboro though :grin: , the Wendies were not best happy at we found at HT in the Leppings Lane.

Lets just say i got a bin on my napper at HT lol :grin: Happy Days ^_^

KtF

Denis Irwin for Utd. when they beat us 6 - 3. If I remember rightly they went 2 up at half time. We pulled 2 back, then they ran riot.

Denis Irwin for Utd. when they beat us 6 - 3. If I remember rightly they went 2 up at half time. We pulled 2 back, then they ran riot.

For those a little older, Micky Quinn scored regularly against us

Andy Linighan for Arsenal in '93

Barlow scored against us for Wigan and Tranny

Denis Irwin scored twice in the 6-3

Irwin also scored the first goal in the 4-1 defeat in the '94 replay

Neil Adams scored for Norwich in 96/97

Andy Hughes didn't score against us just celebrated like a twonk right in the face of the Chaddy

Redders regularly bagged against us

David Currie scored against us after returning to Barnsley in a Friendly

Marshall's goal was on the opening day of 93/94. He repeated the feat 2 years later in a 1-1 draw at BP

Sure I'll think of more

Adebola for Palace, when the ball went the right way for him on the 50th time he tripped over it.

Told yer before LL, Tommy Black scored both that night. Take it you weren't compus mentus by Kick Off time? Or was you joy-riding round South East England having got on the wrong train? :grin: Relying on BBC Radio Surrey on yer transiter radio?

*Cough* he came FROM the Wendies.

I do remember him scoring for us against the Wendies at Hillsboro though :grin: , the Wendies were not best happy at we found at HT in the Leppings Lane.

Lets just say i got a bin on my napper at HT lol :grin: Happy Days ^_^

Right he came from Wendies. So who did he score for when he came back to BP. Think it was a Yarkshire team: Sheff Utd? Barnsley?

For those a little older, Micky Quinn scored regularly against us

Andy Linighan for Arsenal in '93

Barlow scored against us for Wigan and Tranny

Denis Irwin scored twice in the 6-3

Irwin also scored the first goal in the 4-1 defeat in the '94 replay

Neil Adams scored for Norwich in 96/97

Andy Hughes didn't score against us just celebrated like a twonk right in the face of the Chaddy

Redders regularly bagged against us

David Currie scored against us after returning to Barnsley in a Friendly

Marshall's goal was on the opening day of 93/94. He repeated the feat 2 years later in a 1-1 draw at BP

Sure I'll think of more

Going even further back how about Alan Young for Leicester ?

Irwin scored the first, Kanchelskis the second, Robson punched in the third and Giggs the fourth! If yer don't believe me dig out the vid!

Or look here,

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=219448

(Goals are listed in the wrong order though!) :wink:

I believe you, I used a Mancs web site as my source earlier - big mistake. I was at the match and I remember Kanchelskis giving us a run around. But after you mentioned it I remember Robson's dubious goal. I don't think I kept a vid of that match (or the first at Wembley...) I also remember "Dissa" pulling one back for us but we were never in it after the previous match on Sunday...

I believe you, I used a Mancs web site as my source earlier - big mistake. I was at the match and I remember Kanchelskis giving us a run around. But after you mentioned it I remember Robson's dubious goal. I don't think I kept a vid of that match (or the first at Wembley...) I also remember "Dissa" pulling one back for us but we were never in it after the previous match on Sunday...

No, we weren't. The disappointment of losing that late equaliser was doubled with the realisation that our 'nemesis', Kanchelskis wouold be fit for the replay. Although we pulled it back to 2-1 just before half-time, those of us that stood in that half-empty section of the Kippax that night new we would be blown away in the second-half, and we were with ease. GUTTED!