Ex Latics Players...

No, we weren't. The disappointment of losing that late equaliser was doubled with the realisation that our 'nemesis', Kanchelskis wouold be fit for the replay. Although we pulled it back to 2-1 just before half-time, those of us that stood in that half-empty section of the Kippax that night new we would be blown away in the second-half, and we were with ease. GUTTED!

I agree Prozac we were never in the game at all. We were totally beasted.

I will disagree with the description of the Robson goal though, he didn't punch it in. He scored with his knob. Quite apt really.

KtF,

Derek.

I agree Prozac we were never in the game at all. We were totally beasted.

I will disagree with the description of the Robson goal though, he didn't punch it in. He scored with his knob. Quite apt really.

KtF,

Derek.

Yeah, but was it hand to knob or knob to hand? :grin:

What was also disappointing was Sharp's miss which would have made it 2-0. A poor effort for a striker of his pedigree.

I came out of there knowing we would have one chance only to beat them.

Given Sharpy's career record vs United, having scored a few for Latics vs them and for Everton, it really was unforgivable for him to miss such a guilt edged chance. Stuff nightmares are made of, despite my crap view from my Bristol stylee seat. :sign0068:

Edited by oafcprozac

Told yer before LL, Tommy Black scored both that night. Take it you weren't compus mentus by Kick Off time? Or was you joy-riding round South East England having got on the wrong train? :grin: Relying on BBC Radio Surrey on yer transiter radio?

Actually Prozac it’s your memory which is letting you down for once :tongue1: , as I’ve said before, I got the last laugh over Palace that night. When they made the announcement that the trains going back into London were all up the spout and the Croydon muppets started singing, “Two nil, and you can’t get home,” I could laugh at them in the knowledge that I was walking it.

On a side note, Tommy Black really slaughtered us that night, and was their best player a few times when I went to Selhurst on freebies. Now he lives in my memory as the only player who I’ve seen being subbed off against us in the first half on two occasions for two different clubs, and with no sign of injury. Who says drunkenly chasing around brothels at all hours of the night with a large kebab in one hand and speaking to your bookie down the mobile with the other isn’t good for a footballer’s career?

Actually Prozac it’s your memory which is letting you down for once :tongue1: , as I’ve said before, I got the last laugh over Palace that night. When they made the announcement that the trains going back into London were all up the spout and the Croydon muppets started singing, “Two nil, and you can’t get home,” I could laugh at them in the knowledge that I was walking it.

On a side note, Tommy Black really slaughtered us that night, and was their best player a few times when I went to Selhurst on freebies. Now he lives in my memory as the only player who I’ve seen being subbed off against us in the first half on two occasions for two different clubs, and with no sign of injury. Who says drunkenly chasing around brothels at all hours of the night with a large kebab in one hand and speaking to your bookie down the mobile with the other isn’t good for a footballer’s career?

Match Report (s)

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...7~21290,00.html

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=378596

Francis hails Black

December 4 2002

Trevor Francis was delighted with Tommy Black's performance in the 2-0 win over Oldham which saw the Eagles through to the quarter-finals of the Worthington Cup.

Black capped a man-of-the-match display with a goal in either half.

Francis said: "The eye-catching performance was that of Tommy Black. I thought he was quite outstanding. He's a talented player who in the past has not scored enough goals.

"When he plays behind the front two he's very difficult to pick up, and his movement and trickery were complemented with his two goals.'"

Danny Granville was harshly sent off in first half stoppage time for showing his studs and Francis added: "I'm going to say I didn't see it – similar to the referee, because he didn't see it either.

"Well, he did see it and looked at it and was quite happy with it. But the linesman thought Danny had made a two-footed tackle and brought it to the attention of the referee and told him to send him off.

"It came as quite a shock when he was sent off – there was no intent to inflict damage. I have not seen it on a replay yet, and admittedly if it was two-footed he deserved to go."

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=1318

:grin::tongue1::bblue2::dance::ass3::sign0007::icon_peace::lookers:

Edited by oafcprozac

Took off for Bradford last season and was it Southend this?

Took off for Bradford last season and was it Southend this?

Correct. I'd hardly realised it was him and was just about to start offering to fetch him a pie and so on, then he switched to the other wing, then came off. PS, it was only that I was on the wrong train that I was challenging your memory over, as I'd mentioned before that I didn't need one, so :ass3: back to you!

Correct. I'd hardly realised it was him and was just about to start offering to fetch him a pie and so on, then he switched to the other wing, then came off. PS, it was only that I was on the wrong train that I was challenging your memory over, as I'd mentioned before that I didn't need one, so :ass3: back to you!

Shame every away (or home game too in your case) is not at Selhurst Park then? :wink:

For those a little older, Micky Quinn scored regularly against us

Andy Linighan for Arsenal in '93

Barlow scored against us for Wigan and Tranny

Denis Irwin scored twice in the 6-3

Irwin also scored the first goal in the 4-1 defeat in the '94 replay

Neil Adams scored for Norwich in 96/97

Andy Hughes didn't score against us just celebrated like a twonk right in the face of the Chaddy

Redders regularly bagged against us

David Currie scored against us after returning to Barnsley in a Friendly

Marshall's goal was on the opening day of 93/94. He repeated the feat 2 years later in a 1-1 draw at BP

Sure I'll think of more

Aye Micky Quinn 5-0 up against Pompey and he gets a hat-trick late on....

Kanchelskis played in by Irwin for 2ndgoal. Irwin scored first

Stainrod scored a cracker against us just before signing at Bramhall Lane

Ormondroyd scored plenty against us.

As said elsewhere its easier to find those that didn't score.

Hang on, was it Stainrod who scored at BP and then jumped on the fence at the away end to celebrate then? (I have a shiite memory!)

And didn't Ormondroyd score plenty against us for Bratford (he murdered us in that snowy FA Cup tie at Valley Parade) BEFORE he signed for us on load and then score only one goal as Futcher's "replacement". He then went on to Villa but I can't remember him scoring against us for them....

<waits to be proved wrong yet again!>

Hang on, was it Stainrod who scored at BP and then jumped on the fence at the away end to celebrate then? (I have a shiite memory!)

And didn't Ormondroyd score plenty against us for Bratford (he murdered us in that snowy FA Cup tie at Valley Parade) BEFORE he signed for us on load and then score only one goal as Futcher's "replacement". He then went on to Villa but I can't remember him scoring against us for them....

<waits to be proved wrong yet again!>

Ormondroyd scored two that night and ripped us apart, they had a cracking side then with John Hendrie and Stuart McCall and they could also call on Abbott and Costello!!!! (Greg and Peter)

I've moved since, I'd probably get a local train there now :unsure:

Surprised you didn't enter that comp last week on Virgin Radio, the task was to travel as far away from their studio on a limit of £100, you had to set-off on Monday morning and the deadline was Friday I think. You could've used your Oyster Card stocked up on the booze and gone with the flow, despite having no recollection of how the hell you got to Christmas Island when you caught the local train to Croydon, you'd have nailed the £10k prize no danger!