sami hyypia

Sami was the subject of a picture quiz in BTB issue No. 83.

P.S. I've got issue No. 41.

Have you got 54 and 73 as well? They're the other two I'm missing. I have a spare 56 to swap!

I was interested to know how BTB had reported it at the time as I suspect Sharp might be trying to re-write history with the benefit of hindsight.

"I said he were a good 'un!"

Course you did, Sharpy, course you did!

can some one comfirm for me did hyypia ever play for latics as i once seen it in a fanzine

Sharp on Radio Merseyside said that he had bumped into Hypia at Anfield, Hypia asked Sharp if he was sorry that he hadn't signed him after his trial. Sharp said that he had asked Ian Stott if he could sign him. Stott agreed and Sharp left all the details to him to sort out. When Sharp heard nothing after several weeks he asked Stott what was happening, and Stott said tht Hypia had changed his mind about joining us. Hypia told Sharp that he hadn't changed his mind and was willing to join us. Either Stott or Hypia were telling porky pies.

Have you got 54 and 73 as well? They're the other two I'm missing. I have a spare 56 to swap!

I was interested to know how BTB had reported it at the time as I suspect Sharp might be trying to re-write history with the benefit of hindsight.

"I said he were a good 'un!"

Course you did, Sharpy, course you did!

I haven't got 54 and 73 - you can have 83.

I can only see Sami in the BTB context of the quiz pic. Perhaps Pete Mason might have the true story from way back then. Calling one of our Lincoln bretheren!

I haven't got 54 and 73 - you can have 83.

I can only see Sami in the BTB context of the quiz pic. Perhaps Pete Mason might have the true story from way back then. Calling one of our Lincoln bretheren!

I've got 83 - it's 41 that I'm missing!