The death of individual opinion

I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone gets called on a message board, I would actually prefer it if people were able to say what they wanted to say and sod the "family board" mentality, kids these days know most of the swear words and it isn't a message boards job to police what the yuuuut of today see. The only people to get offended by swear words are too uptight and can go :censored: themselves if you ask me.

I agree with you 100%. I think the odd swear word to stress a point or for comic effect never did anyone any harm. Unfortunately it doesn't end there and you can get posts which are just a constant stream of bad language, which doesn't offend me but can detract from a decent discussion, imo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waht someone critical of the way owtb is run,there will be pm,s in your box giving you a rollocking,and having an opinion differing from others o my thats dangerous you'll have the keyboard vigalanties on your case from now on,

your doomed were doomed everyones doomed

im just going to double check the origianal post for text speak,jokes,swear words and comments of a differing opinion

I've never been allowed an individual opinion have i Derek, whats wrong with TFF these days? :grin:

Don't think many know who i am off the old official though which shows i've hopefully ditched my past rep :D

i know who you are sunshine.....but ill keep it quiet for ya,lol

least you dont post meaningless drivel these days mate.

like i have said again and again,until were perched in or around playoff spots in championship with supposedly better quality players the stay aways wont come back,the odd cup run or a freebie game will bring them out,but not for long

I feel I have to take issue with the posters who seem to think it's ok to post profanity on OWTB. I personally don't swear in front of my Kids and don't let them do so either. To me swearing is something you do with your peers in situations where it is appropriate. We have a beautiful language which doesn't need obscenities. This is of course a personal view point. I am also a democrat who, whilst I might not agree with the majority will fight to the death for it's right to speak. My Kids are encouraged to read the posts on here and I accept that they hear worse stuff every day at school. Maybe it's an attempt to keep some sort of control over their lives. Sad I may be, but profane I am not. :sleeping:

M40 around the Stokenchurch area ( just as you start the climb up through the cutting ) is inundated with Red Kites. They've become a local nuisance, apparently encouraged there by people leaving out food that is particularly attractive to them. Local Council is now trying to think of a way to cut the numbers.

I get the odd Sparrow Hawk in my garden.

Sometimes we suffer from the Lesser Optimistic Blue Tit and they are becoming a nuisance here on OWTB.

Aparently it is caused mainly by Davies and Taylor :lol:

Okay I admit I am a bad father - when me lad comes with me to the matches, he witnesses a raging foul mouthed monster (not not his mum) - I cannot help myself - I know it is wrong but more importantly HE knows it is wrong and never swears himself.

There, that is my confectionery now I will hang my head in shame - or mebbe not - win or lose have a booze!

Okay I admit I am a bad father - when me lad comes with me to the matches, he witnesses a raging foul mouthed monster (not not his mum) - I cannot help myself - I know it is wrong but more importantly HE knows it is wrong and never swears himself.

There, that is my confectionery now I will hang my head in shame - or mebbe not - win or lose have a booze!

All part of going football with your dad!! :) My dad was no different when he took me :) Im looking forward to passing on the tradtion to my kids :P

Once again, without some convincing evidence of progress on the footballing side, sustained over several seasons, we will never get crowds all that much better than they currently are. Rebuilding a fan base takes time after more than a decade of mostly disaster, especially with football costing as much as it does now. But perpetual mediocrity, or further decline, makes the task absolutely impossible.

Lapsed fans and others in and around Oldham who are inclined to look favourably on the club do amount to a lot more than the 4,000-5,500 that our hardcore fan base is generally deemed to be. But they need convincing.

The Hudds game was a chance to get the old latics fans, but that failed. Give it a couple more seasons with Shez, eventually leading to a play-off final victory at wembley, and we'll see it get up to 8000 i reckon. We just need to stick with a manager that loves the club, its the mick wadsworths and brian talbots that leave people disillusioned.

keep the faith fella

I've always thought it was a bit cliquey on here.... That said i certainly dont miss the loons from other clubs that just hijacked every post on Laticsmad!

I was told it was a bit cliquey on here and it put me off from signing up for a while. But I think it's a great board apart from the "happy clappy's" attempt to stiifle debate! Group hug, anyone?!?! :applause1:

The Hudds game was a chance to get the old latics fans, but that failed. Give it a couple more seasons with Shez, eventually leading to a play-off final victory at wembley, and we'll see it get up to 8000 i reckon. We just need to stick with a manager that loves the club, its the mick wadsworths and brian talbots that leave people disillusioned.

keep the faith fella

8 to 10 thousand average is definately achievable if we get into the championship imo.