Unusual Latics Artwork

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I am looking for a copy of an unusual piece of Latics related artwork.

Back in the "Pinch Me" era, my Dad had a green A4 card folder from Latics Commercial Department that contained a number of sheets inside that detailed the types of corporate sponsorship packages - Boxes, Pitch Side Advertising, Match Sponsorship etc. The sheets inside were cut at an angle at the top and were in different lengths so you could see the titles of each sheet when arranged in order in the folder.

Within this pack was a picture of the Latics Owl (pre-Chaddy :wink: ) landing on the ball with wings outstretched and tallons ready to grip the ball. The background was the diamond (or rotated square) we still have on the club crest today. It was in black and white and looked like a line drawing.

Does anyone remember this? Have a copy? Have any suggestions of how I can find a copy?

I have already spoken to the club (when Sean Jarvis was there) but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I am looking for a copy of an unusual piece of Latics related artwork.

Back in the "Pinch Me" era, my Dad had a green A4 card folder from Latics Commercial Department that contained a number of sheets inside that detailed the types of corporate sponsorship packages - Boxes, Pitch Side Advertising, Match Sponsorship etc. The sheets inside were cut at an angle at the top and were in different lengths so you could see the titles of each sheet when arranged in order in the folder.

Within this pack was a picture of the Latics Owl (pre-Chaddy :wink: ) landing on the ball with wings outstretched and tallons ready to grip the ball. The background was the diamond (or rotated square) we still have on the club crest today. It was in black and white and looked like a line drawing.

Does anyone remember this? Have a copy? Have any suggestions of how I can find a copy?

Speak to Gary at "museum de latique".

He should be able to sort it out for you (maybe from an old programme or something!!)

Thanks to all who have replied so far, unfortunately these images while similar, are not the one as I remember it.

The one in the Pinch Me Era was much cleaner and more defined than the one on the programmes from the 70s - I traced it once and it was relatively easy to do and had the current diamond shaped backdrop and scroll underneath.

Perhaps the one I am after was developed from the one on the 70s, but I have never seen the specific one I'm looking for in any programme (I could be wrong as I don't tend to buy programmes any more because it is bad luck and Latics lose when I buy a programme!!).

It does look similar to the badge on Museum De Latique (top row furthest riight) but as it is made of metal, it is not that easy to see well enough to confirm.

Are you stilll after that tattoo? I recognise the commercial department folder you describe - I am not 100% certain but I think it may be in the collection - I have a couple of boxes of mixed memorabilia that I need to go through that I bought a couple of months ago. You mention the supporters club badge on the website - would a better image help?

Are you stilll after that tattoo?

You remember :grin: yes I certainly am mate. I pretty much gave up hope of ever finding it and was about to settle on an un-latics related Tatt but then thought it may be worth another try.

If you could have a look in your collection, I would be eternally grateful. Also if you have a better image of the badge, that could help. From your (excellent) website (I had a quick look that ended up being anything but quick) I can't make out whether the owl is the less detailed version I am looking for, or (as I suspect) a similar version to that used on the Programmes back in the 70s.

Last time I looked for the owl and asked around on the message boards, I even tried to adapt the 70s landing owl and incorporate it into the modern crest - but you could tell whay I don't work in Graphic Design!!

reason for edit: I am carp at spellin

Edited by Rick

I was looking to get some sort of owl related tattoo a while back but couldnt find anything suitable either. I used to have this one as my profile pic/avatar on here. I was thinking of having it but decided against it. Think it looks pretty menacing tho.......

if your doing it for a tatoo, have you tried the tatooist on middleton road? he did david beckhams, if you take a copy of the badge in and ask him to spice it up a bit he will do a few designs and let you see, I think he will impress!

You mean Louis Molloy?

I suppose I could do that, but the particular image is perfect, and I wouldn't want to get the Tatt done with someone else's artistic licence and then find the original was better :shock:

Its an owl! It had a mouth too but looked cack so i took it off. And Louis Molloy just prices himself out of the market now he's done Becks and that Winehouse bint. I had my last one done by Les at Wicked Tat2 at the Rochdale Rd junction in Shaw and it looks fantastic (IMHO) i'd definitely recommend him. Damn site cheaper too!

Its an owl! It had a mouth too but looked cack so i took it off. And Louis Molloy just prices himself out of the market now he's done Becks and that Winehouse bint. I had my last one done by Les at Wicked Tat2 at the Rochdale Rd junction in Shaw and it looks fantastic (IMHO) i'd definitely recommend him. Damn site cheaper too!

I was thinking of popping into Wicked Tat2s and having a look. Thanks for the recommend.

Louis will do artwork but charges for it in case you decide against having it done afterwards.

Hopefully, the Owl image I am looking for will turn up in one of the Museum de Latique boxes - I would happily have that exact image tattooed with no "artistic impression" added.

I am looking to have the Latics badge done on my leg but in a 3D effect. I wanted Louis to do it so i rang up. Looks like ive got to wait until next February to get in to see him as thats his next available spot.

His pricing was very reasonable though which did suprise me.

I have had Tat's done by Wes though in the past and he was very good. I just fancied a change.