Gascoigne Arrested under Mental Health Act

It really makes me sad when I read stuff like this about Gazza.

There was a period of time up until his injury in the FA Cup final where he was un-playable; he was simply the most talented English footballer I've ever seen. He was never quite the same after his injury, but I think we all enjoyed his swansong in Euro 96.

Get well soon Gazza.

This is quite sad and as the Mental Health acts are very varied its quite hard to tell exactly what's going on. It wouldn't surprise me if Gazza had an element of bi-polar disorder. As far as I'm concerned we were denied Gazza's true swansong by Glenn Hoddell due to a clash of whatever and I'll always remember how him and Ince beat the Italians at their own game in their own back yard with some of the best midfield performances for England in my memory. If only we'd have had Gazza on the pitch for the penalties for WC98 or if he was an inch taller when he couldn't quite connect at Wembley against the Germans.

It always amazes me how confidential health information gets to the media as once it gets so far what you are allowed to say only confirms it. Unfortunately for Gazza he's in the system now and its not an easy system to get out of.

I hope he gets well soon.

such a shame to see one of englands best players in such a state!

i will never forget that goal against the 'sweaty's' at wembley... the one where he turned hendrie inside out!!!

one of my all time favourite goals

i was in the RAF at the time.... was serving in the north of scotland

went shopping during the morning of the game and got in a taxi to find he too was english....

asked him how he thought we'd get on, and he said " i can't win thats for sure!"...

then he told me that no matter what, he would get his taxi trashed so he was going to hide it for a few days...

hope there wasn't too much damage when he finally hit the road.....

GAZZA....... TOP bloke......TOP goal!

As far as I'm concerned we were denied Gazza's true swansong by Glenn Hoddell due to a clash of whatever and I'll always remember how him and Ince beat the Italians at their own game in their own back yard with some of the best midfield performances for England in my memory. If only we'd have had Gazza on the pitch for the penalties for WC98 or if he was an inch taller when he couldn't quite connect at Wembley against the Germans.

I was also going to say how well he played in Rome in 98 (although we drew, not won). Like a rich man’s late era Shez, he wasn’t up for running much but he stood in the centre and showed how you pass a football. As for him being an inch taller, if you watch that incident again you’ll see that he actually pulled up in his run anticipating that a defender was going to get a touch and deflect it out.