The Lags and FMS Redknapp thread

Quality comments from one of the most respected English managers in the game today

Now that is interesting to read your line there Rick. I seem to recall getting pillorised on this very board for backing said respected English manager.....you've made my day! It just goes to show you shouldn't question KK loyalty cos the clappy police will getcha.

Back on topic, it's great to hear the praise for Mr Groves, kinda backs up what us lucky enough folks to have seen the man have said along, Groves was indeed 'different class'.

Consider topic hijacked!!!!!

Edited by Lags

erm yes, or do fancy askin my to stop kissin his arse again?

No need to get on the [usual] defensive about it Lags. But seeing as you like to take the kudos for showing your faith in old loyal 'Arry how about the real truth.

Harry was that loyal he shafted Pompey good and proper when he took more money to move to fierce rivals Southampton. Fingers burnt, when the Toon came a-knocking he decided to show his loyalty then by turning them down.

He lost all respect as far as I'm concerned when he went to Saints. Still, don't let the truth get in the way eh, Lags?

Defensive? well I can make it attack if you like. I think I recall saying Harry showed loyalty by stayin at Pompey rather then goin to the Toon. Now that's the truth aint it? As for your respect for Harry is neither here nor there for me, so maybe try sticking to what I actually said

Defensive? well I can make it attack if you like. I think I recall saying Harry showed loyalty by stayin at Pompey rather then goin to the Toon. Now that's the truth aint it? As for your respect for Harry is neither here nor there for me, so maybe try sticking to what I actually said

I believe Flash Harry negotiated a doubling of his salary to stay at Portsmouth, I wish I could be that loyal to my employers.

Anyway, no need to argue, it will all come out in the second part of his autobiography :wink:

I believe Flash Harry negotiated a doubling of his salary to stay at Portsmouth, I wish I could be that loyal to my employers.

Anyway, no need to argue, it will all come out in the second part of his autobiography :wink:

Heheh yeah.

He's about as loyal as the Italians in World War 2.

he did show loyalty but it wasnt intended. he turned newcastle down as the contract on offer was very heavily weighted towards performance bonuses rather than guaranteed salary, plus would he rather have possibly shown himself up as alimited manager when given a big budget and big expectations a.k.a "big sam", or continued to "work wonders" in the middle reaches of an average premier league?

My cousin is a very big pompey fan. He's only missed 1 game in about 6 years or something and that was Millwall away when no away fans were allowed in. Anyway, many of them still want rid of him for his lack of loyalty first time around.

Interesting. So would those fans have rather been relegated to the Championship than 'Arry coming back rom Soton? I used to work with a big Pompey fan and he loves 'Appy 'Arry to bits.

Now that is interesting to read your line there Rick. I seem to recall getting pillorised on this very board for backing said respected English manager.....you've made my day! It just goes to show you shouldn't question KK loyalty cos the clappy police will getcha.

Back on topic, it's great to hear the praise for Mr Groves, kinda backs up what us lucky enough folks to have seen the man have said along, Groves was indeed 'different class'.

Consider topic hijacked!!!!!

I started something.......but now I'm not too sure :lol:

started something and happy to discuss that Rick sunshine, however I've said it before sick and tired of the keyboard warrior style debating. I tell ya I know before it starts who'll be a warrior and who wont, but its easy on't net aint it?

"I started something" isn't that a line from a Smiths song? :wink:

Certainly is, and thanks to Rick I'm now listening to Strangeways Here We Come for the first time in years. The album was, imo, a disappointment at the time of release (but then to follow up the magnificent Queen Is Dead was an impossible task). I appreciate the album a lot more now, particularly side one which doesn't have a duff track.. Stop Me If You think You've Heard This One before contains some of Moz's best lyrics, (again imo!)

Cheers Rick :D

Apologies for going off topic. As you were.....

Certainly is, and thanks to Rick I'm now listening to Strangeways Here We Come for the first time in years. The album was, imo, a disappointment at the time of release (but then to follow up the magnificent Queen Is Dead was an impossible task). I appreciate the album a lot more now, particularly side one which doesn't have a duff track.. Stop Me If You think You've Heard This One before contains some of Moz's best lyrics, (again imo!)

Cheers Rick :D

Apologies for going off topic. As you were.....

No problem. Quality band and always worth a listen.

started something and happy to discuss that Rick sunshine, however I've said it before sick and tired of the keyboard warrior style debating. I tell ya I know before it starts who'll be a warrior and who wont, but its easy on't net aint it?

Bleeding Ell. I aint been called Sunshine in a while.

I don't understand what you mean by keyboard warrior style debating, so couldn't comment on your its easy on't net comment either.

If you want my view on Harry Redknap and whether he is loyal or stayed for the money - frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn. (get it :grin: )

I don't really have an opinion on loyalty within football just like I don't have an opinion on loyalty within bricklaying.

My opinion on Harry Redknap - football manager however is that he is well regarded in the game by his peers, players and pundits. He generally like to get his teams playing football and normally seems to get them playing above their level. Much like BFJ did with us. So all in all a good manager.

My opinion on Football Managers per se is this. They all show loyalty to their employer until such time as a better offer comes along. Thats life.

However for us football fans.... This option is not open to us. We are stuck (in a nice way) with the club we support. For Life... This opinion applies as much to Sheridan and Wright at the Tics. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing. It's market forces of supply and demand.

I don't think we need to worry about Sheridan going anywhere in the near future though. But if a better offer came in to him he'd be off like a shot.