• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of clutching at straws but you can't class Franny as famous :wink:

And Stapleton is definitely a City fan... and a cock!

Thought he was a City fan, I think he come's from Oldham though, I remember him reporting on the riots and saying how he grew up in Oldham.

Maybe that's what change into a City fan???

Seen John Stapleton at many Latics southern games ????? Not in recent years though

Sat behind him (there were only seven latics sitting) at Chelsea when we last played them and won. He'd been on some Granada sports quiz thing where you had a legend, a celeb and a fan for each granada team not long before and was s**t so he got a bit of stick for that. I'd wager he changed allegancies when we went down or when the Gallaghers made supporting thaskin town 'fashionable' as I've not seen him at any Oldham games since. Does Michelle Marsh still support us or does she support St. Mirren? I think the bloke who used to play Lee Hunter in Hollyoaks and then went to Emmerdale is an Oldham fan.

Sat behind him (there were only seven latics sitting) at Chelsea when we last played them and won. He'd been on some Granada sports quiz thing where you had a legend, a celeb and a fan for each granada team not long before and was s**t so he got a bit of stick for that. I'd wager he changed allegancies when we went down or when the Gallaghers made supporting thaskin town 'fashionable' as I've not seen him at any Oldham games since. Does Michelle Marsh still support us or does she support St. Mirren? I think the bloke who used to play Lee Hunter in Hollyoaks and then went to Emmerdale is an Oldham fan.

he has always been a city fan,for as long as i can remember,he has been at bp lots of times though doing reports for granada.

think there was one of the inspiral carpets being a latics fan.

I remember him on that and thinking is that the most famous fan we can come up with.

Eric Sykes is a latics fan, think Philip Schofield is too. Oh and I forgot God himself.

:grin:

Edited by deano1973

Stapleton would hardly be unique amongst Oldhamers in having one of the Manchester clubs as first choice while claiming a soft spot for Latics.

The guy who played lee hunter in hollyoaks - now in emmerdale is definately a latics fan. He goes to a lot of games, home and away too. Sat near him at blackpool in the playoffs.

Edited by pukka

Graham and Clint (Inspiral Carpets)

John Stapleton

Michael Le Vell (now he's a red????)

"Kevin Webster's" other mechanic at that time in Corrie was a big fan. He was outside the Greaves after the "parade" the day after Wembley 1990. He seemed a sound lad and didn't mind too much when we sang "You've shagged Sally Webster, You've shagged Sally Webster, You've shagged Sally Webster etc." to him. :grin: Not sure what's he up to now though and if he's still "famous"