Fireworks at Brighton?

Michel Kuipers is expecting a "tasty" rematch with Oldham following the battle of Boundary Park.

Albion's imposing Dutch goalkeeper is ready for anything the visitors throw at him after the Seagulls' unlikely draw in Lancashire six weeks ago.

They played most of the match with ten men, Dean Hammond seeing red early on, but escaped with a point thanks to an injury time equaliser by substitute Nathan Elder.

That infuriated Oldham. Players clashed in the tunnel after the final whistle and Albion abandoned their customary post-match warm-down.

Hammond and Elder have both left the club since then but Kuipers is prepared for an Oldham backlash as they try to settle a score in much the same way Albion did themselves with Tuesday's late comeback at home to Cheltenham avenging a stoppage time defeat in Gloucestershire ten days earlier.

Kuipers said: "It was quite feisty at Oldham and they will be wanting to take revenge on us in the same way we did to Cheltenham.

"I expect quite a tasty game and I look forward to those. After the game there was some disagreeing going on, so bring it on tomorrow and let us see how tough they will be. They weren't happy that we equalised, because they had ten against 11 for a very long time. I am sure they are out for revenge but we are out hopefully to prove that if we had 11 men we would have beaten them."

It seems as though Brighton are expecting a match with some passion tomorrow. Their manager is quoted on their official site as saying how Latics are a physical team. Time for cool heads and committment!

If it gets naughty I’ll bet Taylor gets a good kicking (strangely quite a few teams seem to target him). I hope Gregan is positioned near the changing rooms at half and full time for some light rehabilitative exercise. I reckon young Lewis can look after himself as well, he could make a monkey out of any big lumbering centrebacks who have a go.

If it gets naughty I’ll bet Taylor gets a good kicking (strangely quite a few teams seem to target him). I hope Gregan is positioned near the changing rooms at half and full time for some light rehabilitative exercise. I reckon young Lewis can look after himself as well, he could make a monkey out of any big lumbering centrebacks who have a go.

He made them two Wednesday centre halves look a right pair of clowns till a second later one of them clipped him :angry: