Ernie Cooksey - Our thoughts are with you!

thoughts are with you ernie

time for an owtb ledgends shirt me thinks raise some cash for ern or cancer research or how about a blue and tangerine ribbon like for the aids awarness to do the same ?

a way for us the fans to show our support for ernie

well thought idea

not the greatest of players but he made the most of what he had, all the best to him I say

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERNIE FOR ENGLAND!!

Top guy, a player who tried his best always. Good luck to him and best wishes to him and his family.

Will always remember his header against QPR the match after Dowie left and we won 2-1 after going 1-0 down.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

That Rochdale away friendly has to be one of the best pre season game's i've ever seen. Team made up of kid's and on comes this bloke who looks about 60 who no one had ever heard of. Absolutely everyone took an instant like to him - random chants of "Ernie For England" were sang from the moment he stepped on till full time. Even moreso when people saw the amount of effort he put in despite the clear lack of skill.

He was the exact same in his spell at Dale. Loads of passion and effort but overall little product of any quality. The type of player everyone likes, especially when surrounded by people who have the skill but dont put any effort in.

Good luck Mr Flying Forehead.

That Rochdale away friendly has to be one of the best pre season game's i've ever seen. Team made up of kid's and on comes this bloke who looks about 60 who no one had ever heard of. Absolutely everyone took an instant like to him - random chants of "Ernie For England" were sang from the moment he stepped on till full time. Even moreso when people saw the amount of effort he put in despite the clear lack of skill.

He was the exact same in his spell at Dale. Loads of passion and effort but overall little product of any quality. The type of player everyone likes, especially when surrounded by people who have the skill but dont put any effort in.

Good luck Mr Flying Forehead.

It was an awesome debut performance from our Ernie - can there be any other Latics player who earned legendary status in the course of one pre-season friendly?

Good luck Ernie. Keep battling.

thoughts are with you ernie

time for an owtb ledgends shirt me thinks raise some cash for ern or cancer research or how about a blue and tangerine ribbon like for the aids awarness to do the same ?

a way for us the fans to show our support for ernie

An Ernie Cooksey t-shirt with "Ernie For England" would be class.

Just received a phone call this morning regarding Ernie, a player that for me is a Latics legend.

Ive been told that he has cancer. He had been battling it for some time and thought he'd beaten it but new tests have meant more chemo is needed.

He's making it public knowledge now and I'm told Grays Athletic have or will report on it today.

Just would like to end by saying I, as many will have, have met Ernie several times and hes the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet.

Keep your chin up Ernie!!!

Terrible,terrible news about this top bloke. I know you can beat it fella, I will never forget tha top goal you scored in the 3-3 draw at Grimsby. All the very best to Ernie and his family.

All the best Ernie. Always put in all the effort he could on the pitch and for this he is deservedly held in high regard.

Having lost 2 close relatives to cancer I can only too painfully imagine what he and his family are going through right now. I will definitely get behind any Cancer Research fund raiser that happens and I agree that such an event should include Gary Kelly too.

Get well soon.

Edited by Nervous_Tic

All the best Ernie. Always put in 110% effort on the pitch from the 1st game seen him in Latics shirt at 'Dale and for this he is will always get the utmost respect from me.

Met Ernie, when my son was picking up a signed ball and having his picture taken with him and got to say a really nice bloke.

Get well soon.

All the best Ernie. Always put in 110% effort on the pitch from the 1st game seen him in Latics shirt at 'Dale and for this he is will always get the utmost respect from me.

Met Ernie, when my son was picking up a signed ball and having his picture taken with him and got to say a really nice bloke.

Get well soon.

Think my Ernie player worn shirt will get an airing from Tuesday night onwards. For his lack of ability his will to win and his knack of being in the right place at the right time certainly endeared him to me. Good luck Ernie, our thoughts wishes and prayers are with you and i'm sure you will come out the other side of this.l