Ernie Cooksey - Our thoughts are with you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news. Obviously didn't know him personally but on the pitch seemed like a wholehearted and committed player who always gave his best. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Absolutely gutted about this news. What a top player with limited ability, never gave up and certainly shows up some of the billy big balls footballers that are about these days with his superb attitude. Remember him speakin to myself and roam once at the petrol station on broadway just after leavin latics, what was meant to be a quick hello turned into over an hours long chat stood at the petrol pumps lol. Also remember many stories from Ernie ona regular basis in tara leisure.

All the Best Ernie your a top bloke and am sure you can beat this. Think t-shirts for both Ernie and Gary Kelly would go down well and i'd certainly by them.

It has been learned that former Latics' favourite Ernie Cooksey has been diagnosed with cancer again.

I'm sure everyone has him in their thoughts right now and wish him a very speedy recovery.

Get well soon Ernie

Didn't even know about the first time he was diagnosed. Poor lad.

All the very best to him.