Don't get too disheartened, playoffs are still on!

9 points behind Tranmere, 2 games in hand and we've still got to play them here at BP. This game was always going to be a toughy

4 home games out of our next 5, if we have Hughesy back for next week it'll be a major boost.

H Swindon Town

A Port Vale

H Hartlepool

H Tranmere

H Bournemouth

Each home one we should be looking to win. Port Vale is a tricky one, we never win there BUT they are slump bottom are just aren't playing well.

KTF!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I'd like to share your optimism, but it just doesn't look like happening. If Hughesy gets back in the reckoning asap and finds some very good form then it might....just might...be possible to go on a run. That run needs to start on Tuesday though.

Personally, I think the season is over.

We've won 3 home games on the bounce and I don't see that changing just because of a poor performance at Brighton when in fairness our main goal threat went off in the 27th minute. A draw would have been nice, lukcily for us Tranmere didn't capitalise and they are still in reaching distance.

I'd love to think we can make it but I just can't see it. Our home form has definitely improved but I just can't see us going on a consistent run which will accrue enough points to get into the top 6. We still lack creativity and, even with Hughes back, I think we will continue to struggle to score consistently week in, week out.

I'd love to be proven wrong and will be watching the boys all the way.

We don't have to win all those games.

We have to win the majority of a home games and get a few results away.

One loss in the great scope of things doesn't mess it up, it's still those run of home matches which matter. Especially seeing how Tranmere drew. We still have 2 games in hand on them and still have to play them. If we win we'll be level with them!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Is there any news on Davies?

Talk about jumping the gun, it's one defeat, in the greater scope of things this was the second hardest match we had remaining.

Aint nothing over til it's over.

Think it's 3 defeats in the last three away games. And we always struggle against teams we should beat easily.

No....... Strikers left

No....... Experience on the bench

No....... Movement in the loan transfer market

No....... TV/Cup run money spent

No....... replacement for Pogs

No....... Replacement for Ricketts

No....... Way will we see Taylor on the right wing

No....... Chance of the play-offs

As pessimistic as your post is, it is, unfortunately, spot-on.

We do seem to have given up on the striker front and it is annoying (usually the way things go in football) that a striker signed from a relatively local club has undone us today.

Especially with Ricketts dispensed with.

Today we were left with two players up front, who probably, in all honesty, should be still mixing it in the reserves as well as occasionally playing in the first team. If Davies is not fit for Tuesday, then we are definitely going to struggle.

The loss of Pogliacomi is bad news, but was he ever going to get another chance anyway? If Crossley gets crocked, then we are in it neck-deep.

Let's get to 52 points before we start ruing any slim chance of the playoffs disappearing.

9 points behind Tranmere, 2 games in hand and we've still got to play them here at BP. This game was always going to be a toughy

4 home games out of our next 5, if we have Hughesy back for next week it'll be a major boost.

H Swindon Town

A Port Vale

H Hartlepool

H Tranmere

H Bournemouth

Each home one we should be looking to win. Port Vale is a tricky one, we never win there BUT they are slump bottom are just aren't playing well.

KTF!

To many if's and but's...I feel we had to get something from the game today and we didn't, Allesandra's been a breath of fresh air and been playing really well but like Smalley how many goals has he scored? Take away the threat of Davies and Hughes and you just can't see where goals are are going to come from, look at the bench today.....5 kids and nobody to throw on and change the game.

Missing out on promotion this season would not be a disaster in my opinion as we would need 5 or 6 players just to stay up and we've seen how long a new team needs to gel together and we just wouldn't get the time in the championship.

We could make a real challenge next season when the kids would be a year older and wiser. We need to score more goals next year it's as simple as that.... and as well as Davies has done this season, next year we will need a partnership up front and I think Shez has got some tough decisions to make to remedy this problem.

I know I've banged on about this before, but we still haven't replaced Wellens and lack creativity in midfield. We struggle to break-down defences, especially at home when they park the coach in front of the goal, and desperately need someone in midfield who can make the killer pass for the likes of Hughes and Davies to run onto. That, plus the lack of decent crosses into the box (no Lids, Taylor's final balls are poor) means we're gonna struggle to seriously contend for promotion.

Then again, I am a doom and gloomer and should be shot like a dog.

H Swindon Town

A Port Vale

H Hartlepool

H Tranmere

H Bournemouth

KTF!

I think you are bang on with that post. 4 out of next 5 at home against very average or poor sides (Tranmere ain't great are they!) and the away game is at bottom of the league (ok I know they are our bogey side but they are the worst side in the league FACT).

Win Tuesday and it's still very much a possibility. I wouldn't be saying that if this league wasn't absolute tosh but it is so anything can still happen. I don't think we are great, not by any stretch but in my eyes we can still compete against the likes of Walsall and Tranmere. Long long long way to go.

Glass half full KOTK.

Edited by Kingofdikebab

I think you are bang on with that post. 4 out of next 5 at home against very average or poor sides (Tranmere ain't great are they!) and the away game is at bottom of the league (ok I know they are our bogey side but they are the worst side in the league FACT).

Win Tuesday and it's still very much a possibility. I wouldn't be saying that if this league wasn't absolute tosh but it is so anything can still happen. I don't think we are great, not by any stretch but in my eyes we can still compete against the likes of Walsall and Tranmere. Long long long way to go.

Glass half full KOTK.

Unless we bring in a striker the pattern of results will probably continue until the end of the season. Alessandra and Smalley are ones for the future and it really is a bit of a joke that we find ourselves in the position of having to play them. The club need to look outside the Championship for signings because they constantly tell us that they cannot afford the wages from that division. I am not accepting that there are no players in div 1 and 2 who have experience and could do a job for us.

Drphibes

Unless we bring in a striker the pattern of results will probably continue until the end of the season. Alessandra and Smalley are ones for the future and it really is a bit of a joke that we find ourselves in the position of having to play them. The club need to look outside the Championship for signings because they constantly tell us that they cannot afford the wages from that division. I am not accepting that there are no players in div 1 and 2 who have experience and could do a job for us.

Drphibes

its still possible,highly unlikely but possible,todays game was never going to make or break our season,just dissapointing that our away form has now dipped.

i think in total fairness if shez is still shouting we can do it and still positive,then i would like to see a striker brought in to do this.if hughes is still a week maybe 2 off,and davies injurie is serious,we are very short of experienced cover.

if we dont bring someone in then im affraid we will just splutter on until its mathematically impossible.

still hoping we do it though.

It's the clarity of thought that l don't get. Last day of the transfer window we are busting a gut to sign a striker. That seems to tell me that the Manager, remember him, the bloke in charge of the playing side of things, he that moulds the team etc, etc, thinks we really do need another a striker. We don't sign one. Never mind one week later we can enter the loan market. One week later, we do not seem to be busting a gut to sign a striker !

Our requirements are as clear now as they were in the transfer window.

As with regard to todays results, and the posts from various people about it only being one game. The problem with results like this at this stage in the season, is that they become a little more important. We are, whether we like it or not, running out of games.

All this talk about playoffs, to my mind is a little premature - was it not York who a few seasons ago were relegated on either 52 or 53 points ! But then l've been here for fifty five years and have had substantially more downs than ups, therefore l do tend to be a bit of a realist.

Talk about the play offs once that mental barrier is overcome.

We need a striker who is going to be at the club throughout the playoffs as well. No point getting a striker in now who will have to leave before the end of the normal season and then hope we can win the play offs without him!

I know it's not the latics way to be patient but we seriously have to be. I won't expect any loan signings coming in until mid/late March at the earliest. We still have a chance of the play offs but we need to go on a run of winning game, not winning one and losing the next and the sooner we we can do that the stronger our position will be.

Think one lesson Shez will have learned from this season is the squad some more experienced squad players in the squad, we've realied on our youth players far too much this season.

We need a striker who is going to be at the club throughout the playoffs as well. No point getting a striker in now who will have to leave before the end of the normal season and then hope we can win the play offs without him!

I know it's not the latics way to be patient but we seriously have to be. I won't expect any loan signings coming in until mid/late March at the earliest. We still have a chance of the play offs but we need to go on a run of winning game, not winning one and losing the next and the sooner we we can do that the stronger our position will be.

Think one lesson Shez will have learned from this season is the squad some more experienced squad players in the squad, we've realied on our youth players far too much this season.

if we dont bring one in we wont be in the playoffs come may,i understand your reasoning,and it makes sense to wait,but honestly if we do and dont pick up points with both recognised strikers injured,forget the end of season extras

Cheer up lads. Don't get me wrong i'm as disappointed as anyone because I realised the importance of a good result today especially with the fixtures we have coming up. We have beaten 5 of the top 6 teams in league one this season so we've proved we can compete against the best teams in the league and we have not lost against a team in the bottom 7, all to play again. I'm afraid i'm one of those annoying optimists, but thats why I love the game so much. You never know whats going to happen. So enjoy and get behind the team. We've still everything to play for.

Edited by meat pie sausage roll

Think realism is starting to hit home, we have no consistancy, yeah tranmere are 9 points off but that means we have to win a fair few in a row and hope that they carry on dropping points. We played better today, but no away goal in open play in the league since New Years Day is worrying. But the next 5 games will make or break it for sure, still think its possible and i'll keep hoping untill its not mathmatically possible but i just can't see it.

Yeh I know but lets hang onto the dream for now. If we could just get a decent run and with Hughsie, greegs and lids all back we could just be the team that takes the form into the play offs. With the run of fixtures coming up, I feel that in 5 games time we will be higher up the league than we are now. How much higher we will have to see.