same old >>>>>> season

the light being..........the squad are just not listening to him.........and it looks like we are gonna end up short of the mark yet again for the umpteenth year running.

iv`e lost count of the times this season, when shez has boldly stated what he wants from the team.....or what they should have done....or what he`s gonna do to them if they don`t do it .........how he`s gonna bring in new faces.....etc....etc........and it`s obvious they just ain`t listening or responding.......so who`s at fault ????......and why ??

his threats are idle and the lads know it......for example, after us drawing with a `ten man` brighton at our place just over a month ago....shez yet again went through the motions of " i`ve had enough now "........"i`m deffo gonna bring one or two"....etc...

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1213800,00.html

and predictably, now were down to `no experienced strikers`.......only `one stopper`........still `no decent creator or provider`...... no one who can cross or handle any dead ball situations.

`if` we miss out yet again this year, it`s coz shez will have proved to be `all talk and no action`...........and the lads know it.

if were to make that final push this year.........shez has got to finally act now..........by the time liddle, gregs are back it will be too late.......hughes and davies are not enough.....we have always needed another......taylor, STILL NEEDS TO BE ON THE RIGHT !!!!......

don`t get me wrong.......in my eyes shez has given us so much, and was a playing legend.......i really like the guy..........but his massive ego and stubborness he had as a player deffo seems to be hindering him as a manager............and it may well cost us this year.

MAKE THE CHANGES NOW SHEZ...........dont wait til the very last minute yet again !!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. If can't fire his players us - players that he's signed and not inherited - then questions need to be asked. How many times do we have to keep hearing this? All Shez is doing is making himself look a fool in front of the media - I'm the Manager but my players won't listen to me!

Also, I'm totally fecked off that it's two weeks or more after the transfer window shut and we can now sign loan players. Hughes is injured and now add Davies to the list; Shez has stated today that Alessandra and Smalley are too young so he MAY need to dip into the loan market. MAY? FECKING HALLELUJAH! Why the hell hasn't he been ringing around as soon as training ends and until he goes home?

He's made a comment one that Cloughie had an impact on him; well take note that Cloughie was tenacious to the point of harrassing managers into the early hours to sign players when they were needed?!

Something smells....we either have funds or we don't and if we do then why has Shez sat on his laurels and making do with the strikers we have? If we miss out on the Play-Offs then someone has to answer serious questions - Shez or the Board. They expect us to pay out for season tickets to fund the hope of getting promotion so when we generate funds that we're unbudgeted for then FECKING use them!!!

tooooo right midblue.........

a little skeptical part of me thinks that maybe...just maybe........shez is the front man speaking with a fork tongue.

has he got the cash or not ???........." lets make a serious attempt to reach the play-offs".......but secretly lets not get any-one in to help us until we are totally desperate ??...that would be too little....too late ???......

maybe we have we already consolidated our position for yet another year and the board is happy with that ???.......waiting for the `big sale of land` to go through ??

ooh.......this skeptiscism can go on forever !!!

but whatever happens or whatever we are told.......i can`t help thinking things could be much better for us this season......if only ??????

a little skeptical part of me thinks that maybe...just maybe........shez is the front man speaking with a fork tongue.

has he got the cash or not ???........." lets make a serious attempt to reach the play-offs".......but secretly lets not get any-one in to help us until we are totally desperate ??...that would be too little....too late ???......

maybe we have we already consolidated our position for yet another year and the board is happy with that ???.......waiting for the `big sale of land` to go through ??

but whatever happens or whatever we are told.......i can`t help thinking things could be much better for us this season......if only ??????

i think after the last 3 or 4 season,we have a manager in place who is capable of producing a team who can play attractive free flowing football,like what he used to play himself.

its dead easy for the board to publicly state that money is available,then when the manager doesnt sign any the anger and frustration isnt directed at them.

that said i do think they are genuine,and that money is there,but i have a feeling that sheridan doesnt want to use it until the summer,making do with a few loans to get us through.

and hoping that this time he makes the right decisions in the transfer market.maybe he is genuinly affraid the fans will be on his back for not making the proper players do well. i dont know.

i do know however that if we havent improved as a team by this time next season,people will start to ask serious questions of shez and the board,and although i would hate to say it,but a change in manager again.3 seasons of midtable with only the briefest of flashes of good times wont be enough.

just because he was a fantastic player,doesnt mean he will be a fantastic manager.

i do know however that if we havent improved as a team by this time next season,people will start to ask serious questions of shez and the board,and although i would hate to say it,but a change in manager again.3 seasons of midtable with only the briefest of flashes of good times wont be enough.

just because he was a fantastic player,doesnt mean he will be a fantastic manager.

Always utterly agreed with this, and my massive positivity about this team has its watertest next season.... I genuinely belive Shez is on the verge of building a great side... but he (or the club) simply cant be in the position they are now AGAIN, with no depth and relying on kids - after stating so clearly that promotion was the aim...

let me get this clear - I dont expect promotion, ever to be honest, however stoking the fire at the start of each season saying we are going to get promoted is simply not a good thing to do when we have fans as expectant as ours... and then the season transpires and we end up utterly reliant on 2 or 3 players staying fit to carry the team... you could just argue this is a fact for any league 1 team, and its all down to luck of injuries (which I belive to be true - sort of), however I just think we need to chance our arm a little, to get greater squad depth and experience in place.... at this level so many players will accept 1 year contracts, and are you telling me at the start of the season there werent 2 experienced players available that were better than Smalley and Ales - whom to be honest werent even anywhere near the first team at the start of the season.... ALL with the caveat that we were genuinely looking to get promotion....

You can throw the Ricketts arguement in too... but I struggle to belive he was anyway near Shez's thoughts when he assembled a squad... and also i feel we have suffered from relying on wolfy... whom, lets be honest, aint no proffesional footballer... and that is all with the fact that we never knew that Hughesy would ever be able to find the back of the net ever again...

Its all cyclical... but i'm just interested to see what the club say at the start of next season... if they say we are looking for promotion... or simply to improve on this season... if its the former then i want to see 20 senior pro's on our books... couldnt give a care if they are journeymen or bit-parters, just players who are accomplished enough to step in at this stage of the season when squads get decimated by injuries and suspension.... however, i also think there is the 'get out of jail free' card that is Smalley, Ales, Black etc will be a year older and ready to step up....

If they say they just want to improve then fair enough - it may keep the wolves at bay, but with the, quite frankly, bizarre statements that come out of our club, I expect nothing less than the rallying cry to promotion come august next year....

Ugh... you gotta love being a latics fan.... my god, is that a moment of negativity coming from me??? Not really, just a moment of frustrated weakness... however i firmly believe Its shez's time to get it right next season.... and I have ever faith he will!

:)

Im not too sure, I think its same old for latics, we play against clubs who we expect to lose against and do well even beating most of them,

then at the same time teams who we are expected to beat, we lose against.

we need to find players who are not injury prone, consistent, and wont sell us out for more money the first opportunity they get.

I think if we had hughes, liddel and gregan back it will help the club no end, on the right we have a young right back and an inexperienced right winger, on the left we have a young winger and an inexperienced left back (livermore)

gregans strength and experience at the back, liddels super crosses and hughes great finishing would probs make the difference and get us up, but I dont think they will be back in time,

also with davies injured we got the great opportunity of playing allessandra with hughes, I think that will turn out to be our best partnership, allesandra as that eye that kilkenny had for defence splitting passes, and his inexperience means hes not scared to try things.

this season we havent done it i dont think, but I still think we got a bright future, new stadium means new revenue - new revenue means more money - more money means better players who we can afford to keep - which means bright future

The rallying call of promotion which you speak about will be heard most seasons tbh. how many season ticket holders would not renew if they heard from the club " we dont expect to go up, we will be happy with mid-table. i would only ever expect to hear that once we gain promotion

If we go up this season, can we stay up? If the redevelopment starts in the next few months then we will only have a 3 sided ground and a capacity of around 10,000. This is not the best way to start a season in a highr league. A lot of money would have to be spent on the squad to make it a side capable of competing. Trotman was outstanding for us, but cannot get into Preston's team. Scunny have come unstuck and look like dropping back down, because they can't compete. Briostol have done very well, byut they have cash, and Blackpool have made some really good signings, both last season and this. Maybe they have a better manager than us as well.

that said i do think they are genuine,and that money is there,but i have a feeling that sheridan doesnt want to use it until the summer,making do with a few loans to get us through

I agree and actually dont have a problem with this, but wouldnt it be nice if we could pinch that last promotion spot by the back door and then have this money to spend on players for the championship, even attract players we wouldn't get in this division. Ergo, we really need those loan signings NOW!

And if i'm brutally honest i wouldnt have a place for a big slow carthorse with the speed and turning circle of a steamroller if he does get fit before the final push. Sorry Greegs, nice bloke and all that but i think his day has been and gone now.

KTF.

I agree and actually dont have a problem with this, but wouldnt it be nice if we could pinch that last promotion spot by the back door and then have this money to spend on players for the championship, even attract players we wouldn't get in this division. Ergo, we really need those loan signings NOW!

And if i'm brutally honest i wouldnt have a place for a big slow carthorse with the speed and turning circle of a steamroller if he does get fit before the final push. Sorry Greegs, nice bloke and all that but i think his day has been and gone now.

KTF.

i dont think we have seen enough of greegan or liddell this season to pass judgement to be honest.

if we can do this and get into the playoffs they will be at best back up,because of there fitness,now next season with a good pre season under there belts they will be raring to go,and fresh so to speak.

in all honesty if we did go up,it would need a massive investment from tta's to keep us there,and with the stadium being on a reduced capacity thus less income im not 100% sure they could manage it,forget putting 300k for the right player in,were talking a few million at least.

lets hope this week the penny drops and we get someone decent in.(i still say we should of got dickov)

Didn't Davies shout "f**k off" to Shez the other week when Shez was shouting at him from the sidelines, or it's what someone posted on here. very worrying if Shez doesn't have the respect of the dressing room, a manager should always command respect.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Godda get a striker in sharpish - we cannot rely on the kids smalley/alessandra to carry the forward line alone - it may be damaging to them if we heap the responsibility on their shoulders - having said that though does anyone really think shezza hasnt been looking for someone to come in on loan - i am pretty sure he will have been scouring everywhere to get someone but i am sure he doesnt just want ANOTHER kid to come in to sit on the bench - let's just hope he can get someone decent to give us a chance to keep in touch with the play offs. spose we could go with 4-5-1 with Taylor, Macca and maybe Alessandra other as attacking midfielders with Smalley alone to hold the ball up - or even give Tayls free role just behind a striker - I dunno - just keeping me fingers crossed we can bounce back from Satdi!!!

With it now looking as though Davies and Hughes will be out tomorrow, we must be desperate to bring someone in on loan.

I expect Shez has been trying hard to bring someone in since the transfer deadline ended but now with Davies out as well as Hughes it would be tough on Alessandra and Smalley to both start up front tomorrow, a very young and inexperienced strike force.

However it is difficult to see a deal being done in time for tomorrow's game, given the obvious difficulty we are having in finding/attracting the right player.

I firmly belive Shez is doing a fine job. He started off with Ronnies team and almost got us up. Last summer rebuilt the side and we are only a few places away from a play off spot, a summer of tweaking and bringing new faces in and I think we will be good to challenge to go up.

Think some people arent being patient enough or looking at the big picture.

Have you and others been living in a cave!!! We have tried and tried to get people in! Two of them buggered off at the last min!!!

our nutritional regime is poor, shez is more of a mr motivator. the players are allowed to drink alcohol regularly for a start.

God, what a lot of :censored:.....YOU LOT ARE THE REASON WE HAVE BEEN STUCK HERE FOR 10 YEARS!!!!

Ran ronnie moore out of town, warnock wasnt good enough for us either and now Shez is getting flak......!

THIS ISNT FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008!!!!!

Have you and others been living in a cave!!! We have tried and tried to get people in! Two of them buggered off at the last min!!!

Yeah, because they were last minute bargain basement panic signings. Good managers do not mess about in the transfer market whatever their budget. Those that haven't a clue bemoan their bad luck whilst other clubs nip in and sign the hot prospects on loan. BP1960 has mentioned countless players not ghetting a game that all could've come in and done a job. Bournemouth ok they might be struggling this year but they are pretty successful every year with the quality of loanee they secure. bearing in mind they haven't a pot to piss in where are we going wrong?

God, what a lot of :censored:.....YOU LOT ARE THE REASON WE HAVE BEEN STUCK HERE FOR 10 YEARS!!!!

Ran ronnie moore out of town, warnock wasnt good enough for us either and now Shez is getting flak......!

THIS ISNT FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008!!!!!

hahaha what a load of pap, your telling me that making a truthful observation on a messageboard keeps us 'stuck here for 10 years' thats an absolute classic. im not giving him flak and i wont but your taking the relevance of t'internet way too far mate.

OUR FANS ARE :censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!

Hes lost the dressing room, we have a booze culture, we are panicking buying, we wont sign players, he dosent want to spend the money.....BLAH BLAH BLAH

Get a grip!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Moore - not good enough

Neil Warnock - not good enough

Shez - not good enough (Even though 90% of you on here vote ronnie out and him in, oh sorry im wrong, none of you lot wanted shez.....dear lord)

You lot are destroying this club.

Edited by oafc0000

hahaha what a load of pap, your telling me that making a truthful observation on a messageboard keeps us 'stuck here for 10 years' thats an absolute classic. im not giving him flak and i wont but your taking the relevance of t'internet way too far mate.

Truthful ? So your saying Shez is happy for the players to drink before a game ? Be careful mate.....saying stuff that isnt true can get you in hot water.....

Edited by oafc0000

Quite right-we should have all happily clapped the club all the way to the Fourth Division, or the Conference, when we had the chance ten or so years back.

Oh yeah because happy clapping is what I am all about......Im sure Ed can set you right......unfairly attacking the manager is out of order mate....

Oh yeah because happy clapping is what I am all about......Im sure Ed can set you right......unfairly attacking the manager is out of order mate....

I never 'attacked' Brian Talbot or Ronnie Moore, and I haven't 'attacked' Sheridan either.

But if I had, it wouldn't make any difference at all-it's only a message board.

Edited by Corporal_Jones