Physios Go!

We are limping along it would seem at the moment. No senior strikers, one aging keeper, no playmaker general, a wafer thin squad and now no physios!

Couple with no start on the stadium, when we were told as soon as planning is given it's full steam ahead. We've been told the new Lookers will take 72 weeks, or a season and a half. So why isn't the lookers down now? and the half season would be now? instead of going into season 2009/2010?

Time for Latics to at least end this part of the rollercoaster.

From the time I've spent with my Physio in the past she's said how difficult it is to commit to being a Professional team's physio.

You're expected to be on call pretty much 24x7 and perhaps the new fella's not fit into that for us?

I wouldn't read too much into it personally...

We are limping along it would seem at the moment. No senior strikers, one aging keeper, no playmaker general, a wafer thin squad and now no physios!

Couple with no start on the stadium, when we were told as soon as planning is given it's full steam ahead. We've been told the new Lookers will take 72 weeks, or a season and a half. So why isn't the lookers down now? and the half season would be now? instead of going into season 2009/2010?

No contracts for the demolition of the Lookers could have been completed until after OPP for the whole stadium was granted. There's then the actual availability of demolition firms etc to be considered. So "full steam ahead" may justifiably apply to the contract negotiations and logistical issues.

But we do need magic hands on the players asap!

From the time I've spent with my Physio in the past she's said how difficult it is to commit to being a Professional team's physio.

You're expected to be on call pretty much 24x7 and perhaps the new fella's not fit into that for us?

I wouldn't read too much into it personally...

that would be ok if it was just one but its both, why? unless theyve both made the same said realisation at the same time?

that would be ok if it was just one but its both, why? unless they've both made the same said realisation at the same time?

New guy decides it's not for him, we find a new-new guy who has someone (s)he always works with and so we have to let the second guy go?

Maybe?

Or maybe they *insert libellous comment* with *additional libellous comment* when they were *additional... you get the idea....

No contracts for the demolition of the Lookers could have been completed until after OPP for the whole stadium was granted. There's then the actual availability of demolition firms etc to be considered. So "full steam ahead" may justifiably apply to the contract negotiations and logistical issues.

But we do need magic hands on the players asap!

Thats not in line with the information we've been given during this whole development process.

Reminder of my post about the stadium:

The rarely wrong Chron reported recently that Simon Corney said “Our main concern is of building a football club and our main aim is to build a football stadium.”

It also said that since receiving approval, both Simon Corney and the pressure group ‘Residents Together‘, who objected to the original plans, have met to discuss a range of different designs for the overall scheme.

I am unable to give any details due to confidentiality, but I have been informed by the Club that discussions are continuing with:

(1) the Council about implementing the conditions of the S.106 Agreement arising from the Planning requirements;

(2) the Developer;

(3) the Residents.

Tying up all the details is taking longer than originally envisaged, and demolition of the Lookers is not imminent. I’m assured that TTA are still fully committed and there is no need for fans to worry about the delay.

Keep the Faith.

Who's said that will not be the case?

Not me...however lets say there seems to be a delay to what was widely accepted would happen once we crushed OMBC. Plus the clever route would have been to use this half season and next season ready for the grand openning season 2009/2010, instead it's now gonna have to go well into that season too.

Poor Bu**ers are probably knackered trying to patch up a weakened squad and decided that 24 hours in a day just isn't enough to keep up and have collapsed into a heap under the strain. Sorry 48 hrs a day aint enough between them ! Things really have been that bad on the injury front this season and the 2 lads have decided they just can't cope anymore. On the subject of David Roberts and assoc can not recommend them highly enough had a back condition that 5 years of NHS treatment didn't work yet the good fella's at Dave Roberts had it sorted in 8 weeks and never had a reccurrence yet. A good physio is as important as a good striker so given the track record on that front probably best not hold our breaths eh :rant.sml: over

Im afraid i have to disagree about Dave Roberts.

I damaged my ankle ligaments about 18 months ago playing football. I went to see a physio at David Roberts. He basically took over £150 off me over a month or two to sit on a bench and have some heat treatment on it. When i was told it was now ok i tried playing on it and it went almost straight away. I was really annoyed as i was struggling to "do the chaddy thing" with such pain. I spoke to Alan Hardy and he told me to go and see Anthony Greenhouse (Reserve's physio). He explained everything to me on how it was damaged, he gave me physio, told me exactly what i should be doing whilst not at physio, and within 3 weeks my ankle was as right as rain, and ive not had one single problem with it since.

Not only that, i went to David Roberts about a groin problem. I was told it was a double hernia and i should get in to see my doctor straight away to get it repaired. I went for a second opinion, only to be told it was a groin strain. Within 2 weeks it was back to normal.

Needless to say i wont go to them anymore.

*Although i have to admit that David himself and one of the guys from the Middleton office are very good, but i cant see them coming to us with the amount of money they can be making from a personal practice.

Im afraid i have to disagree about Dave Roberts.

I damaged my ankle ligaments about 18 months ago playing football. I went to see a physio at David Roberts. He basically took over £150 off me over a month or two to sit on a bench and have some heat treatment on it. When i was told it was now ok i tried playing on it and it went almost straight away. I was really annoyed as i was struggling to "do the chaddy thing" with such pain. I spoke to Alan Hardy and he told me to go and see Anthony Greenhouse (Reserve's physio). He explained everything to me on how it was damaged, he gave me physio, told me exactly what i should be doing whilst not at physio, and within 3 weeks my ankle was as right as rain, and ive not had one single problem with it since.

Not only that, i went to David Roberts about a groin problem. I was told it was a double hernia and i should get in to see my doctor straight away to get it repaired. I went for a second opinion, only to be told it was a groin strain. Within 2 weeks it was back to normal.

Needless to say i wont go to them anymore.

*Although i have to admit that David himself and one of the guys from the Middleton office are very good, but i cant see them coming to us with the amount of money they can be making from a personal practice.

Same experience with David Roberts, basically paid a stupid amount of money to read the latest edition of FHM, whilst some heat went onto my knee.

Went to latics 18 months later, spent 70 on two visits and was sorted.