Loan Signings

Loaning a striker at this stage of the season is pointless, if we were going to do it then it should have been a month ago!!! It's going to take a new player at least 2 or 3 weeks to bed in and we just haven't got the time.

If we don't take maximum points from the next couple of games then the seasons over anyway!

Our biggest mistake was when we got rid of Ricketts, that was the point at which we should have got a striker in and, if we had have done, we would probably be 10 points better off and still in the promotion frame.

We've lost 8 league games 1-0 because we just ain't enough of a threat up front. Teams have been signing strikers left right and centre and to say there's nobody available is utter crap. Boyd, Savage, Dickov,Vernon,Murray,Bowditch,Hoskins,Akinfenwa...the list is endless.

One or two on that list may normally be out of our reach but if you want to go up then you've got to go for it even if it's only a three month loan.

Just like last season, It's been blindingly obvious to the fans that we've needed a goalscorer at this club for months and yet again it hasn't happened.

With the playing budget we've had at the club this season we should be in a much better position. I fear we're going to once again get a massive turnaround in players at the end of the season for the third time in a row and it just doesn't work.

Season ticket sales and matchday attendances will continue to fall unless we get some long awaited success on the pitch. It's OK building a new stadium as we need better facilities but unless you produce a better product on the pitch fans will continue to stay away.

Shez is a legend at this club as a player and always will be, however as a manager he has lots to learn. If we aren't challenging next season then I think the fans patience will run out!

P.S LOMAX TO LEFT BACK, LIVERMORE LEFT MID, TAYLOR RIGHT MID.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaning a striker at this stage of the season is pointless, if we were going to do it then it should have been a month ago!!! It's going to take a new player at least 2 or 3 weeks to bed in and we just haven't got the time.

If we don't take maximum points from the next couple of games then the seasons over anyway!

Our biggest mistake was when we got rid of Ricketts, that was the point at which we should have got a striker in and, if we had have done, we would probably be 10 points better off and still in the promotion frame.

We've lost 8 league games 1-0 because we just ain't enough of a threat up front. Teams have been signing strikers left right and centre and to say there's nobody available is utter crap. Boyd, Savage, Dickov,Vernon,Murray,Bowditch,Hoskins,Akinfenwa...the list is endless.

One or two on that list may normally be out of our reach but if you want to go up then you've got to go for it even if it's only a three month loan.

Just like last season, It's been blindingly obvious to the fans that we've needed a goalscorer at this club for months and yet again it hasn't happened.

With the playing budget we've had at the club this season we should be in a much better position. I fear we're going to once again get a massive turnaround in players at the end of the season for the third time in a row and it just doesn't work.

Season ticket sales and matchday attendances will continue to fall unless we get some long awaited success on the pitch. It's OK building a new stadium as we need better facilities but unless you produce a better product on the pitch fans will continue to stay away.

Shez is a legend at this club as a player and always will be, however as a manager he has lots to learn. If we aren't challenging next season then I think the fans patience will run out!

Well said.

Any loan signing now would have to leave before the end of the season like Clarke did last year. We (appear) to be taking the risk that not having them now will mean we can have them until the end of the season.

I know that was the case but arent loans now limited to 3 months....taking them to May 25th. Surely time to loan.

Play offs still on, just - shame Lidds, Gregan and Hughes have been out all season - a lot of wages injured that!

Oh dear! It seems like the recent (relative) optimism of reaching the playoffs this season has taken a bit of a bashing, having lost at Brighton this weekend. Rightly so? Or not?

With the promise of "all out attack", the stats show a miserable one (yes one!!!) shot - and that was off target!! Couple that with the limping off of our ONLY seasoned striker and our seeming optimism has evaporated into the ether!

I'm sorry, but everything Sheridan comes out with seems to be nothing but hot air. Why oh why wasn't a player like Glenn Murray (6'2" and over 12 stone of striker) who was just down the road and bangin' 'em in for fun, picked up by our club? Surely we had as much, if not more to offer than a club of the same stature and relative ambition as ourselves, way down on the South coast! I know the Ricketts saga wasn't resolved in time, but, ffs! Take a risk!!!

With the loss of Davies for what could probably be more than the next few games, we now have no experience up front and are forced to rely on two rookies to get us through. Sheridan has already stated that Hughes will not be rushed back and it will be interesting to see if he sticks to his word. Any loan signing we get in now is going to be a panic move and will not necessarily bring any quality into the squad. Good management means good preparation and until the club actually publishes which targets it went for and missed out on, then I can't/won't believe that everything possible has been done to bring in the right players for this club.

I am not against Sheridan, I don't want him ousted, I don't doubt his eventual capabilities as a manager and I do believe we need to stick with him and get some sort of settled regime in place at Boundary Park instead of the chop-changing upheaval of recent seasons!

I never, ever believed that we would get promoted this season, although that should be the aim, where possible, of every club in every league, otherwise what's the point? Mid-table is much more preferable to relegation and we need to get the points on board to make sure that does not happen. However, next season cannot afford to go the same way as this one, which has so eerily followed almost the same pattern as last season. More forward planning needs to be in place and I'm sure the right results will follow.

I'm very disheartened with the recent circumstances surrounding the club and not being able to attend the matches makes it even more frustrating because I can't actually see for myself if what I read on here is as bad as it seems. We are, after all, only a message board and in the big picture, what we do and say on here isn't going to have any influence over what happens to our club - but at least it makes US feel better!

I know that was the case but arent loans now limited to 3 months....taking them to May 25th. Surely time to loan.

Play offs still on, just - shame Lidds, Gregan and Hughes have been out all season - a lot of wages injured that!

Its just been a unfortuante season. Although some people belive Lidds and Gregan to be past it.....we are certainly missing them.... Age old thing of you dont know what you have till its gone I feel.....

Oh dear! It seems like the recent (relative) optimism of reaching the playoffs this season has taken a bit of a bashing, having lost at Brighton this weekend. Rightly so? Or not?

With the promise of "all out attack", the stats show a miserable one (yes one!!!) shot - and that was off target!! Couple that with the limping off of our ONLY seasoned striker and our seeming optimism has evaporated into the ether!

I'm sorry, but everything Sheridan comes out with seems to be nothing but hot air. Why oh why wasn't a player like Glenn Murray (6'2" and over 12 stone of striker) who was just down the road and bangin' 'em in for fun, picked up by our club? Surely we had as much, if not more to offer than a club of the same stature and relative ambition as ourselves, way down on the South coast! I know the Ricketts saga wasn't resolved in time, but, ffs! Take a risk!!!

With the loss of Davies for what could probably be more than the next few games, we now have no experience up front and are forced to rely on two rookies to get us through. Sheridan has already stated that Hughes will not be rushed back and it will be interesting to see if he sticks to his word. Any loan signing we get in now is going to be a panic move and will not necessarily bring any quality into the squad. Good management means good preparation and until the club actually publishes which targets it went for and missed out on, then I can't/won't believe that everything possible has been done to bring in the right players for this club.

I am not against Sheridan, I don't want him ousted, I don't doubt his eventual capabilities as a manager and I do believe we need to stick with him and get some sort of settled regime in place at Boundary Park instead of the chop-changing upheaval of recent seasons!

I never, ever believed that we would get promoted this season, although that should be the aim, where possible, of every club in every league, otherwise what's the point? Mid-table is much more preferable to relegation and we need to get the points on board to make sure that does not happen. However, next season cannot afford to go the same way as this one, which has so eerily followed almost the same pattern as last season. More forward planning needs to be in place and I'm sure the right results will follow.

I'm very disheartened with the recent circumstances surrounding the club and not being able to attend the matches makes it even more frustrating because I can't actually see for myself if what I read on here is as bad as it seems. We are, after all, only a message board and in the big picture, what we do and say on here isn't going to have any influence over what happens to our club - but at least it makes US feel better!

You're quite right. Our ambition seems to be measured in terms of how good our new stadium is, rather than how far we are prepared to go in signing capable squad players.

Guest sheridans_world

Livermore isnt a left winger. He is a left sided central midfielder. He doesnt have the pace to run down the wing and beat a man.

Go get Kuqi on loan before Donny or Leeds! Must be available on cheap as bust up with Colin. Worth a go even if unlikely

I'd agree but the comment coming from Palace fans of "like a Sunday League player in terms of fitness" and "why does he try bursting the ball when he shoots?" leave me with some doubts.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“I’ll have to get somebody in because we are looking thin up front. The other lads are young, so we need a bit of experience.

“I asked about one or two players last week and I’ll be doing my best, but I also need the young kids to learn quickly and adapt to first-team football.

“Sometimes I watch them and they excite me, but at other times it’s like they are still playing in the youth team.”

Fat boy required? plenty of them knocking about......... Diego?

I'l do it! If people think Gregan has a large turning circle wait till they see mine!

Plus everyone will like me as I am Latics through and through and we always get behind the players that are also Latics fans.

If we sign Kuqi I will have to endure 8 hours of mocking a day from the Palace fan who sits opposite me. He has been a figure of fun for them long before his bust up. Apparently he is on massive wages as well, and if his attitude to dropping into the Championship is that bad I doubt he’d be too committed in the 3rd Division.

Just remind him how much they paid £2500000 and that will wipe the smile off his face or mention £357,000 a goal. Should work.

Possibly not for us as not scored this season!!!!

lets hope we can get someone in tomorrow then in time for the game,otherwise we start dropping off at home again like we have away and were goosed.

been talking to a couple of people well conected with the club,and the lack of new players is also starting to annoy certain high up people inside the club as well.the money is ready and waiting but alledgedly shez is acting like mrs doubtfire and wont make a decision,this was the apparent case during the last week of the transfer window,and we supposedly missed out on a couple of players who moved to the championship.

bishop at bury,whats wrong with him.

Had enough now! Now the owners have there new plans in order they don't seem to give 2 hoots about the rest of this season. Being a student there is no way I am going to fork out £60 for 3 games in a week, when they can't be bothered to bring in some new blood. Rant over!!!

Put your toys back in. TTA have made money available - Shez won't make his mind up.