Loan Signings

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Livermore isnt a left winger. He is a left sided central midfielder. He doesnt have the pace to run down the wing and beat a man.

Who mentioned left winger? I said left mid!

All it would mean is playing our only true winger on his natural right side!

Surely it's worth a try after playing for nearly two seasons on his weaker foot.

The lads hit a wall and he ain't improving, his delivery into the box is poor.

Our best team has to include Lomax at left back, so even if we have to sacrifice Mcdonald or Jarrett for the last 20 minutes of a game that's already won, then it's got to be worth a try!

Hasn't it???

I'd have given Black a run out when we were 3 up the other week.

RACIST!!

Meanwhile, Neil Harris has been told by Jackett his contract won't be renewed in the summer and that he can go out on loan. Surely he'd be worth getting in for a month while we're really thin on the ground? Plenty of experience and would only help someone like Alessandra.

RACIST!!

Meanwhile, Neil Harris has been told by Jackett his contract won't be renewed in the summer and that he can go out on loan. Surely he'd be worth getting in for a month while we're really thin on the ground? Plenty of experience and would only help someone like Alessandra.

Acording to M.E.N today were getting nobody.

What a surprise!!!!

Guest oa_exile
Acording to M.E.N today were getting nobody.

What a surprise!!!!

>>MEN<<

Preview: Oldham v Swindon 26/ 2/2008

OLDHAM boss John Sheridan has drawn a blank in his bid to bring in a striker for tonight's home game with play-off-chasing rivals Swindon Town.

He was looking to bring in a new face on loan after losing 14-goal top scorer Craig Davies to a hamstring injury.

But Sheridan admitted: "It hasn't come off so we will have to go with the players we have got."

He revealed: "I have tried for two players this morning and the money they are after is just ridiculous and they are not even playing football.

"What makes me laugh even more is that their clubs won't even let them out!

"I feel like I have been banging my head against a wall.

"There is a player I can get and I would definitely take him on loan, but he wants a two-year contract.

"I just can't afford to give him that. I am sure he would help us but he just won't come otherwise.

"There are others who want so much money and, I am sorry, I am not going to give it to them.

Chance

"It might cost us a great chance to get into the play-offs and my job in the long run, but I feel I have made the right decision and will continue to look elsewhere.

"Sometimes you do go overboard for players and I will do it, but only if I know it is right."

Wales international Davies, 22, is waiting for the results of a scan and if the hamstring is torn he could face weeks on the sidelines.

The injury-hit Latics will start with their youngest-ever strike force - the highly-promising 19-year-olds Lewis Alessandra and Deane Smalley - and the bench will be packed with five more youngsters.

Oldham now have four home games in the next five outings and will be looking to make it four wins on the trot against Swindon.

Sheridan insisted: "We must make the advantage work in our favour and pick up as many points as possible.

"We have to try to win every game we can from now until the end of the season and see how far up the table we can climb.

"It is a massive few weeks but it gives us a great opportunity to catch teams above us."

Key opponent: Simon Cox - Forward has provided a regular supply of goals this season

Prediction: Oldham 2 Swindon 1 - Robins were soundly beaten by Walsall at the weekend and the Latics should take advantage of their low confidence

It might cost us a great chance to get into the play-offs and my job in the long run, but I feel I have made the right decision and will continue to look elsewhere.

"Sometimes you do go overboard for players and I will do it, but only if I know it is right."

Can of worms - open.... Mr Sheridan admitting them 3 upstairs are getting tired of the lack of transfers and progress??

Edited by BigfinLatic

Cprl Jones .......are you ill? of the depressive variety? Your being so negative you are in danger of changing the Earths polarity!!!!!! Come on corporal get a grip man, thats hardly the military training shining throube more positive, stop stooping man! stand tall and be more positive.

"Happy clappers of the World unite!"

Not ill: simply realistic.

Cprl Jones .......are you ill? of the depressive variety? Your being so negative you are in danger of changing the Earths polarity!!!!!! Come on corporal get a grip man, thats hardly the military training shining throube more positive, stop stooping man! stand tall and be more positive.

"Happy clappers of the World unite!"

I think we know the answer to this now -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7263494.stm

Can of worms - open.... Mr Sheridan admitting them 3 upstairs are getting tired of the lack of transfers and progress??

I think too much is being read in to this, I guess the quote is more along the lines of when Graham Taylor had a go at that 4th official in the Holland game saying that the ref had cost him his job.

"There are others who want so much money and, I am sorry, I am not going to give it to them."

This, despite his flaws, is why Shez has a lot of potential.

The moaners might question why we don't have anyone. That's your answer. We don't have the money to pay £5,000 a week to a Championship striker who's not match fit and Shez will not break the wage structure to do it.

No matter the outcome, he's made the right decision.

This, despite his flaws, is why Shez has a lot of potential.

The moaners might question why we don't have anyone. That's your answer. We don't have the money to pay £5,000 a week to a Championship striker who's not match fit and Shez will not break the wage structure to do it.

No matter the outcome, he's made the right decision.

From what I have heard the owners have suggested several targets and been willing to stump up the cash. Shez has dithered and they've either gone elsewhere or Sheridan has deemed them not to be what he is looking for. Patience is wearing thin in the corridors of power at BP. The money is there, not sure the manager knows how to spend it.

From what I have heard the owners have suggested several targets and been willing to stump up the cash. Shez has dithered and they've either gone elsewhere or Sheridan has deemed them not to be what he is looking for. Patience is wearing thin in the corridors of power at BP. The money is there, not sure the manager knows how to spend it.

Maybe. But that said Stich has been sacked several times from clubs where he's refused to spend money just because the powers that be want to spend it.

Whenever that's happened we've all (rightly) condemed it.

Give him time... Big Joe is our most successful modern manager and he showed what happens with patience and mutual trust!

Guest oa_exile

............and as the gates continue to slump the money is there is bleeding rapidly as well.Come the end of the season when the lost revenue on gate receipts are taken into consideration , how much will be there for next season ?

............and as the gates continue to slump the money is there is bleeding rapidly as well.Come the end of the season when the lost revenue on gate receipts are taken into consideration , how much will be there for next season ?

Personally I'd rather not spend it, if spending it would put us in a poorer financial position, and more at risk if TTA ever pull out.

Personally I'd rather not spend it, if spending it would put us in a poorer financial position, and more at risk if TTA ever pull out.

With so many teams with a "boom or bust" attitude currently in big touble this is the point I think most important!

Leaving aside the argument over whether to sign any player in particular, couldn't this self-defeating cycle continue all the way to oblivion? When even club owners are-allegedly-keen to see money spent on signings but the fans are afraid of any kind of financial risk, how can the club ever progress?

Presumably, if TTA want signings made, they, at least are keen to see us climb and the club's profile increased, realising that it is the only way to attract the missing fans whose absence will, ultimately, be the club's downfall.

With all these accusations of mental illness towards those of a more pessimistic disposition from the happy clappers, it really does begin to resemble North Korea on here.

Jeez Louise, chill out! On the day that this story breaks it is inevitable that cracks like that are going to come out. Perhaps you need one of these: tinfoil-hat.jpg This will provide guaranteed 100% protection from nasty things anyone says on the internet.