Yeah I agree as well....

While we are at it can we get that Moore fella back and lets really flash the cash ....

maybe if you debated this in a more adult way instead of the childish attitude these threads wouldnt descend into a whoo haaa between two or three people.

when you say stop shedding quality.....who do you mean exactly???there isnt that many players who will come out of this season with any credit.

Yeah I agree as well....

While we are at it can we get that Moore fella back and lets really flash the cash ....

We had all this weeks ago-it doesn't necessarily take any Moore-style cash-flashing, just a willingness to hold on to the quality for the sake of the long-term benefits.

Constant short-termism, and the inevitable failure that follows is, after all, more financially damaging in the end, as we are seeing now, and as we will see when season ticket sales prove to be lower than in the close season when Moore was sacked.

maybe if you debated this in a more adult way instead of the childish attitude these threads wouldnt descend into a whoo haaa between two or three people.

when you say stop shedding quality.....who do you mean exactly???there isnt that many players who will come out of this season with any credit.

sod of ed..... Ill debate this in a more adult way when the kids on here sprout brains..... WHERE SKINT!!! Yeah we had a bit of a cup run but if peiople think we are in a postion to challenge other teams to keep qauility players they are having a laugh.... We have a bit of money to play with....no more...

For the crowd to be under 4k is a bad. Perhaps not totally unexpected, but psychologically it's bad when you see Oldham's attendance figures starting with a 3. People used to use the term '' 5,000 faithful ''.....that term cannot be used any longer.

It was bloody cold tonight in the Lookers Paddock and my 11 year old sister didn't moan one bit....top girl...whereas me, I just wanted to go home. The atmosphere was dour (as usual), the ref was bad (as usual) the performance was poor overall (as usual), especially in the first half, 4.50 for a pie and a bottle of beer is a joke too. Thank f... I don't have a season ticket.

sod of ed..... Ill debate this in a more adult way when the kids on here sprout brains..... WHERE SKINT!!! Yeah we had a bit of a cup run but if peiople think we are in a postion to challenge other teams to keep qauility players they are having a laugh.... We have a bit of money to play with....no more...

As others have pointed out, we are not skint when compared to clubs who have manged to compete in the January window.

Meanwhile, how we managed to fall so far behind the sheer might of footballing giants like Doncaster, Carlisle (both of them recently non-league outfits) and Blackpool etc etc remains a mystery.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

As others have pointed out, we are not skint when compared to clubs who have manged o compete in the January window.

Meanwhile, how we managed to fall so far behind the sheer might of footballing giants like Doncaster, Carlisle (both of them recently non-league outfits) and Blackpool etc etc remains a mystery.

....ok......

I know where in such a mess arent we.....lol

Where a couple of players short of a decent side.....

i think everyone except shez thinks were in trouble,and wondering why he wont bring players in until its too late.

if the loan signings dont become permanant were a hell of a lot more than a couple of players off.

i think everyone except shez thinks were in trouble,and wondering why he wont bring players in until its too late.

if the loan signings dont become permanant were a hell of a lot more than a couple of players off.

Dont agree......

take away loan signings, but a decent creative midfielder in there, a resonable winger and another forward and its a play off side...

Edited by oafc0000

OK to be a little more subjective and perhaps pragmatic about the whole thing.

It isn't quite as easy as oafc0000 has stated, but for one moment shall we pretend it is and take the three positions into account whilst rating the quality that we all think we need.

Creative midfielder. Perhaps in the mould of errrrr I dunno Richie Wellens. Minimimum £300k in the transfer market I would guess, other than an out of contract player. The biggest mistake we made in the summer was not bowing to his demands. IMO KK was not half the player Richie is.

A decent winger. I am struggling to think of one in this league - personally I think Lids would still be the pick of the bunch should he come back to anything like form, but let's throw a Josh Low (ish) kind of player into the hat. Under contract a transfer at a ball park £100k.

A striker, perhaps a decent one at this level but not quite cutting it in the division above? Billy Sharp anyone? £500k minimum.

So there we go, almost a million quid on three players forgetting the fact that we have an ageing goalkeeper with no back up and we all debate how weak we are depth wise all over the pitch, so maybe another half dozen picked up on frees to boost that.

It isn't as simple as saying we need this and that to become a play off standard footballing side.

Of course I would love to see us speculate to accumulate, but not at the cost of the club. On the other side of the coin though, I don't see how much longer we can afford not to speculate.

KtF,

Derek.

It isn't quite as easy as oafc0000 has stated, but for one moment shall we pretend it is and take the three positions into account whilst rating the quality that we all think we need.

Creative midfielder. Perhaps in the mould of errrrr I dunno Richie Wellens. Minimimum £300k in the transfer market I would guess, other than an out of contract player. The biggest mistake we made in the summer was not bowing to his demands. IMO KK was not half the player Richie is.

A decent winger. I am struggling to think of one in this league - personally I think Lids would still be the pick of the bunch should he come back to anything like form, but let's throw a Josh Low (ish) kind of player into the hat. Under contract a transfer at a ball park £100k.

A striker, perhaps a decent one at this level but not quite cutting it in the division above? Billy Sharp anyone? £500k minimum.

So there we go, almost a million quid on three players forgetting the fact that we have an ageing goalkeeper with no back up and we all debate how weak we are depth wise all over the pitch, so maybe another half dozen picked up on frees to boost that.

It isn't as simple as saying we need this and that to become a play off standard footballing side.

Of course I would love to see us speculate to accumulate, but not at the cost of the club. On the other side of the coin though, I don't see how much longer we can afford not to speculate.

KtF,

Derek.

i didnt say it was easy....

And nither did I even suggest spending the sums of money you are talking about..... I dont belive in speculate to accumulate.....

You pick up decent players without spending a great deal of money... This club will always need loan signings if it wants to get out of this league....

Also, even though KK isnt as good as Wellens....not half the player? Whatever :P

Edited by oafc0000

i didnt say it was easy....

And nither did I even suggest spending the sums of money you are talking about..... I dont belive in speculate to accumulate.....

You pick up decent players without spending a great deal of money... This club will always need loan signings if it wants to get out of this league....

Also, even though KK isnt as good as Wellens....not half the player? Whatever :P

hes right.....just admit it.

like i said elswhere the current squad just aint capable and the young lads doing there bit is fine,but they in reality should be in the first team just yet.

we also cant be held to ransom over players silly demands,but we do have to invest substantially or were doomed so to speak,if we wait around for the stadium to be finished which wouls sustain our income as tta's want,we could be in a lower division with awfull crowds.

the fa cup run we went on is all extra cash,not budgeted for so i would like to see us spend some of that,the money from trottman will go on the clubs debts,and should take us very close to break even,but the time is coming close when they will have to open the purse strings and buy decent players,or we wont move forward,loan signings are all well and good,but you cant build a team round them as there not here for the long haul,if doncaster dont go up i would even try to tempt wellens back,with a cheeky offer.

hes right.....just admit it.

like i said elswhere the current squad just aint capable and the young lads doing there bit is fine,but they in reality should be in the first team just yet.

we also cant be held to ransom over players silly demands,but we do have to invest substantially or were doomed so to speak,if we wait around for the stadium to be finished which wouls sustain our income as tta's want,we could be in a lower division with awfull crowds.

the fa cup run we went on is all extra cash,not budgeted for so i would like to see us spend some of that,the money from trottman will go on the clubs debts,and should take us very close to break even,but the time is coming close when they will have to open the purse strings and buy decent players,or we wont move forward,loan signings are all well and good,but you cant build a team round them as there not here for the long haul,if doncaster dont go up i would even try to tempt wellens back,with a cheeky offer.

Rubbish.....

First of all the squad is no where near as bad as people are making out!!!

Crossley ...good enough for another year...keep

Eardley.....Good RB at this level...keep

Livermoore.....need to get this guy on a perm deal if poss

Kala.......undecided....

Thompson.....let go

Stam......has failings but is fine at this level as backup

Allott....totally won me over....player of the season

Hughes....brillant at this level

Davies.....young guy...keep

Jarett.....need to get this guy on a perm deal if poss

Lomax...agreed he is under used...keep

Hazell.....keep

Mcdonald...let go

Gregan.....good for another year

Wolfy....let go

Taylor....great at this level...keep

Smalley.....young guy...keep

Alessandra....young guy keep

We are missing no more than a winger, midfielder and a forward. Thats hardly beyond us to bring three players over the summer and if you think we need to spend vasts sums of money to do so then you are on cloud coko land.....

I would like us to flash the cash (using what little money we have) for a centre of the field player but a resonable winger and a resonable forward will be fine and can be picked up for very little money. We have to gamble on Hughes being fit next term I feel. Loan players are fine as long u get them on 12 month deals, or at least an agreement we can extend to 12 months.

Edited by oafc0000

KtF,

Derek.

I don't agree with you about Chris Taylor, but I've got to say I do agree with most of your post above especially regarding Wellens, for me different class to Kilkenny.

We really should have gone that extra yard to keep him as I think his loss is singularly the biggest reason we will finish lower this season than last and even next season he will be very difficult to replace without spending some decent cash.

The crowds are falling 100% due tp the product on the pitch, nothing else. If the product was a winning one, even the £20 would be found saturday and Tuesday and something else in life would be sacrificed to do so. We may end up losing 10 home games and that simply will not generate new regulars through the turmstyles whilst losing some regulars along the way.